• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Icy Rain

Status
Not open for further replies.

ernest9

Hey this is Nilak, i'd just like to suggest a cool move for WaterBenders.

As you know, rain is made of water and WaterBenders can ice water meaning that they could ice rain. I know what you guys are thinking : "Argg, another suggestion on thing where Katara bent the rain against the FireBender that killed her mother".

No it isn't that, it's with the concept, but it's not exactly it.

I think that when it rains, WaterBenders could hold shift with the move (not sure of the name, maybe added to PhaseChange ?) while it's raining and it could transform the rain into little ice particles (or overlay it, which ever possible) causing damage and slowness to the people that are caught in the radius.

Tell me what you guys think about it :D

-Ernest9 aka Nilak1

Since you didn't mention if this ever gonna be an extention of another and if so which one, I expect it to be phasechange. Even though if it became an standalone ability, I still would want this technique to be for the phasechange for good reasons.

Left clicking represents freezing function for PhaseChange, while crouching does the opposite. Thus, it would make sense for the click part in freezing all the drops of the rain, while shifting would evaporate it all.

ernest9

Since you didn't mention if this ever gonna be an extention of another and if so which one, I expect it to be phasechange. Even though if it became an standalone ability, I still would want this technique to be for the phasechange for good reasons.

Left clicking represents freezing function for PhaseChange, while crouching does the opposite. Thus, it would make sense for the click part in freezing all the drops of the rain, while shifting would evaporate it all.
Yes, i completely agree with you, this could be added to PhaseChange.

Yup, unless you have another idea for the same ability, which would make it a frequent used ability. Freezing rain for a standalone ability wouldn't sell for people to have it bind throught all the time.

What would it be the radius of the icy rain? Would it affect the waterbender too? Does this also work on snow? How much damage? What would be the damage rate?

And I can't actually see this happening in the show ._. How would a waterbender be able to freeze every single water drop of a certain area?

How would a waterbender be able to freeze every single water drop of a certain area?
They could simple gather all the droplets to form a single water compound, like how the waterbender did with the rain, submerging the thing/being with it and afterwards changing the construct into solid state. That's how in realistic scenario the followig action would be proceeded.

They could simple gather all the droplets to form a single water compound, like how the waterbender did with the rain, submerging the thing/being with it and afterwards changing the construct into solid state. That's how in realistic scenario the followig action would be proceeded.
Then it isn't actually icy rain, is it? Upon the description in the main thread, I pictured it as falling ice bullets.

Oh right, this is what this is all about. Freezing would still be possible. I imagine waterbenders using frostbreath to freeze all the all the scattered particles of the water. Maybe some animation of frostbreath could display his affect? I don't know how would a hail slow down someone, so I see no reason to add that application.

xNuminousx

I believe it is to have an AoE ability for water benders. This will effect any person standing in the icy rains radius. I think it would be a cool (maybe a bit OP) add-on for project korra but I don't see how to developers will approach this. Or if they can change rain particles. I don't see this happening.

Waterbending's resourcefulness needs to be expanded not, not just limiting the benders of that art to only water, blood, snow and plant manipulation. This would include wet sponge, slime block, hydrated farmland, potions, mossy blocks and rain&snow.

Hama said:
You have got to keep an open mind, Katara. There's water in places you never think about.
Hama said:
When you're a waterbender in a strange land, you do what you must to survive.

Last edited:
Wait wait wait!!! I just had a great idea!!!!
Don't you mean it's my idea ;). Actually it isn't, there people who though of it before me :D
Waterbending's resourcefulness needs to be expanded not, not just limiting the benders of that art to only water, blood, snow and plant manipulation. This would include wet sponge, slime block, hydrated farmland, potions, mossy blocks and rain&snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.