• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

How did you come out? #Clickbait

Are you out of the closet?

• Yes, my friends know what I do.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No, no one knows I play Minecraft.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Sort of, but they don't know the full story.

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

xNuminousx

Have you told your friends you play Minecraft and/or took a step further than others (got involved in a community (PK))?

I've seen Minecraft being made fun of as a sort of "kids game" online and memes about people being immature if you play it. Because of this, I've seen people physically make fun of playing minecraft.

Because of this, I'm curious to know if you are out to your friends about playing it or if you prefer to stay closeted to avoid possible humiliation.

Personally, I prefer to keep my personal life personal unless someone asks. People know I play Minecraft but only because they've asked. If they didn't ask I would have kept it to myself. I don't talk about Minecraft AT ALL in my personal life. Not because I'm ashamed, but because no one else I know plays it.

Sam1370

My friends are just as crazy about Minecraft as I am so we don't care, but really I'm the only person who gets involved in communities, tries to create plugins, etc...

By the way when you put a parenthesis inside a parenthesis you put square brackets and vice versa if more are inside, e.g (test [test (test)]).

xNuminousx

Because I never say like other peoples Minecraft names out loud, it always feels weird if I actually do... Like I was in a Skype call with some other Minecraft friends (none of whom I know in real life) and when I said someone else's name out loud it just sounded really weird. Like it sounds so normal when I think it but when you say it to someone it feels weird I dont know xD

Sam1370

Because I never say like other peoples Minecraft names out loud, it always feels weird if I actually do... Like I was in a Skype call with some other Minecraft friends (none of whom I know in real life) and when I said someone else's name out loud it just sounded really weird. Like it sounds so normal when I think it but when you say it to someone it feels weird I dont know xD
cool, I have in real life friends on Discord and I call them by their real names in voice chat but I nicknamed them all with their Minecraft usernames because it seems weird just having a solid one-word name on the computer. :p

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
I dont really tell people I play minecraft because well, I dont really play it. It's mostly just a sandbox for me at this point.

I'm the anti social freak (no suprise. yeah?). In seriousness, I have no friends so really, that ain't an issue. Also, I couldn't find (or at least try enough) to find friends that are at my age (but hey, what can you expect from a game that targets child demography ,right?)

All in all... I don't know how to answer this pole, so this is inquiry probably N/A for me.

Last edited:
I dont really tell people I play minecraft because well, I dont really play it. It's mostly just a sandbox for me at this point.
So basically, you create stuff instead of dulging into others/yours ? That's what I like about sandbox game (such as Minecraft, The Sims series), it can cater for pretty much any game. Even If you don't like playing survival much, you should be able to find others things to do. Like, less experencing ; more creating (or vice versa).

One plugin developer created a plugin platform that covers many custom abilities (you know who and what the coder created), despite not bending according to their claims. Though that may be what affected the quality of those abilities, but many server owners have it installed and are grateful that such thing exists that adds flavour to the game.

Last edited:

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
When I started playing in 2011 I was 14 years old and literally everyone was playing it. Therefore, it wasn't weird, seen as immature, etc (granted, we were all freshmen in High School).

I got involved with Bending in 2013 and launched PK in 2014. I'm pretty much as out as you can be when it comes to being a fan of the Avatar world (I have paintings of the symbols of the 4 elements around the apartment and I geek out about it constantly) and my close circle knows about PK.

Edit: I really don't "play" Minecraft much anymore either. It's an avenue to use my creativity and other skills I've picked up over the years.

Good times when minecraft players weren't made fun off. Though I guess people starting to hate it since it never gets old (It's even the #1 on the youtube's video game contest list chart).