• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fire Jet Ski

Status
Not open for further replies.

justin2046

Verified Member
That's why I suggested that after a certain short time hovering that they would slowly descend until they land on a surface, that way they won't take fall damage simply from using their own ability under conditions from which they wouldn't normally take damage when executed correctly.
Anything slow is bad for pvp....

Better off making them fall straight down and not take fall damage.

justin2046

Verified Member
Oh! And I forgot!
I think on /b h fire it said firebending only works on the ground.
^ not sure if its from /b h fire but i read it somewhere.......thats why you cant firebend in water

Kwesi

Verified Member
Anything slow is bad for pvp....

Better off making them fall straight down and not take fall damage.
No, I definitely don't recommend that. Then they could just use it quickly to negate any type of fall damage, making it overpowered. Yes it's bad for PvP being slow like that but that's what balances it out.

Tenket

Verified Member
I think the fire having levitation is just a bit too off topic. Its meant to be about raw power, and i rarely die from heights as a firebender now. You just tap on for a spurt until you are safe. And using other abilities while using air jet, i havent seen anyone do that in the series.

People are arguing that water/air can do it, so give it to fire. The elements arent supposed to do the same things. Otherwise you would just have multi colored versions of the same power.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
I think the fire having levitation is just a bit too off topic. Its meant to be about raw power, and i rarely die from heights as a firebender now. You just tap on for a spurt until you are safe. And using other abilities while using air jet, i havent seen anyone do that in the series.

People are arguing that water/air can do it, so give it to fire. The elements arent supposed to do the same things. Otherwise you would just have multi colored versions of the same power.
It would actually be quite different from most other flight/hover abilities other elements have. Yes, you can use firejet to break your fall, but you move quite a distance in the process, making it harder to aim. With this kind of ability, you could jump, and then just hover down at the last second, staying on the exact block you needed to land on. I know you can switch firejet on and off to achieve this effect, but this is even more useful. Besides, it never made much sense to me to increase the speed in which you were moving towards the ground when jetting downwards to reduce fall damage.

Kwesi

Verified Member

I understand your point, and I agree to a certain extent. At first I thought the same way. I respected the diversity and I didn't see much point of this feature because firebenders didn't need it and firejet had its purpose. Although, I will say this. The nature of elements are not set in stone. Bending is an art, and an art goes through development over time. Whether it be in the series or in the plug-in, the bending arts are changing with time - through progression. That is the nature of human development and what they practise, in this case, bending practitioners. Over time we have witnessed firebenders revealed knew ways to utilise their bending; they can be advancing with old ways by unlocking variations of commonly practised techniques or they find a different way to use it altogether.

In this instance, firejet has been used on many different scales. Different firebenders have shown how to utilise firejet under different conditions, and I believe this feature pertains to that. Given the nature of firejet, levitation is completely feasible with the right degree of control and limitations, and I think players should have the opportunity to experiment with how to they can control it to the best effect.

As time goes by the way the elements are bent will slowly change. It will open up new bending styles and broaden the usefulness and effect the elements can have in different situations. In the end I feel things like this are necessary. It's important for innovative methods to be born from new, logical features that will help shape the elements and bending in a healthy way. If we do not have that kind of pattern then they way we bend will eventually become mundane and predictable, and that is not how bending works. The elements are vast and that should be acknowledged.

Firejet levitation makes enough sense to be implemented for a lot of players, and that seems fair. I think this will help open up new opportunities for firebenders in a controlled and sensible way. It is a minor feature that, if implemented well (which I trust it will be) will not upset the balance, but simply allow fire to grow and show how creative and skilled players can put it to good use.

6tijn

Verified Member
I understand your point, and I agree to a certain extent. At first I thought the same way. I respected the diversity and I didn't see much point of this feature because firebenders didn't need it and firejet had its purpose. Although, I will say this. The nature of elements are not set in stone. Bending is an art, and an art goes through development over time. Whether it be in the series or in the plug-in, the bending arts are changing with time - through progression. That is the nature of human development and what they practise, in this case, bending practitioners. Over time we have witnessed firebenders revealed knew ways to utilise their bending; they can be advancing with old ways by unlocking variations of commonly practised techniques or they find a different way to use it altogether.

In this instance, firejet has been used on many different scales. Different firebenders have shown how to utilise firejet under different conditions, and I believe this feature pertains to that. Given the nature of firejet, levitation is completely feasible with the right degree of control and limitations, and I think players should have the opportunity to experiment with how to they can control it to the best effect.

As time goes by the way the elements are bent will slowly change. It will open up new bending styles and broaden the usefulness and effect the elements can have in different situations. In the end I feel things like this are necessary. It's important for innovative methods to be born from new, logical features that will help shape the elements and bending in a healthy way. If we do not have that kind of pattern then they way we bend will eventually become mundane and predictable, and that is not how bending works. The elements are vast and that should be acknowledged.

Firejet levitation makes enough sense to be implemented for a lot of players, and that seems fair. I think this will help open up new opportunities for firebenders in a controlled and sensible way. It is a minor feature that, if implemented well (which I trust it will be) will not upset the balance, but simply allow fire to grow and show how creative and skilled players can put it to good use.
That's some nice long speeche you have there :)

Though, if it would get implented, it would need to have a smaller height limit than waterspout and airspout. Not much, but still fair. Firebenders being able to fly that high, even though it's slow doesn't seem so realistic to me.

Kwesi

Verified Member
That's some nice long speeche you have there :)

Though, if it would get implented, it would need to have a smaller height limit than waterspout and airspout. Not much, but still fair. Firebenders being able to fly that high, even though it's slow doesn't seem so realistic to me.
On default settings I don't think would be too much of a different in what height a firejet could reach traveling directly upwards and the general height limits of waterspout and airspout. I definitely agree with you on that point though, it needs to be balanced.

The thing is though, that those kind of factors, when implemented, are usually configurable, so server owners can make them however they like. So whether or not the default settings are fairly balanced or not it should still be possible to achieve it.

Moonelight

Verified Member
Will this thread EVER die?
Not until it is added C:

#HighSpeedFirebenders

Right now, I am thinking of it being a high speed levitation about 2 blocks above ground. That's what fire is after all, speed and combat.

Go to 4:29 in the video, and you will see!

Status
Not open for further replies.