• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fire Jet Ski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeri

Verified Member
This move has never been shown in the series

Ozai did it through the power of the comet.

Mako used regular firejet, And also he couldn't even get 2feet up

Fire is simply not the type to fly around, It's an offensive element, not mobility

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
This move has never been shown in the series

Ozai did it through the power of the comet.

Mako used regular firejet, And also he couldn't even get 2feet up

Fire is simply not the type to fly around, It's an offensive element, not mobility
Careful what you say there, friend. The other people in this thread will refute that, and they'll be mostly right.

Tenket

Verified Member
On default settings I don't think would be too much of a different in what height a firejet could reach traveling directly upwards and the general height limits of waterspout and airspout. I definitely agree with you on that point though, it needs to be balanced.

The thing is though, that those kind of factors, when implemented, are usually configurable, so server owners can make them however they like. So whether or not the default settings are fairly balanced or not it should still be possible to achieve it.
I'm thinking a good way to implement it would be to be low range/speed up and down, but quick moving sideways. So in the ways air/water spout move at pretty slow rates horizontally but up/down fast this would be the opposite.
It also reflects the nature of the element. Flying with fire is sticking a rocket ship up your a##. You don't have a gentle element like water and air to cradle you, it should feel like it.

Mechanics
basics - So it would hold you 1.5 blocks in the air like an AirScooter that moved at 2/3 FireJet speed horizontally (or for balance sake and to make FireJet still relevant, slightly faster than sprinting) but in whatever direction you moved rather than the direction you faced.

Passive - You would want to have it just automatically raise 1 block up every 2 seconds of use (something slow) when standing still as if the bender is only just overcoming gravity., but no raising when strafing around as all of the power is going into horizontal movement.

Control set - And rather than have the shift and space control set that air/water spout has. The shift key is reserved for canceling the ability. Then the space key can be used to raise faster than the normal rate when standing still, moving and rising is possible too. But this is at the expense of horizontal speed.

The position of the player would be based off the ground (like air/water spout). So if you try to dash over a ravine, you are gunna get #reKt.
The mechanic with pressing space could be used. The player loses horizontal movement speed, but gains the ability to move around without needing ground beneath. Which then be more like FireJet that does not care if you have ground beneath you or not. That would also make it feel like it deserves to share a slot with fireJet.

How it moves - Moving in a direction with this ability would give you very fast acceleration to top speed and quick direction changes but overall low top speed (its all about agility). The low top speed would give people a reason to still want to use fire jet.

Getting hit cancels - Unlike air/water spout, fire is a volatile element. So being hit should cancel the effect. Besides, if you cant do anything with that level of agility you don't deserve it anyway.

Just an idea, fire trails (see below). Whether thats the last 5 blocks you traversed or just entities you go past/over.

^Gosh damn Azula, calm down. This is during sozins comet but this chick does this crap all the time. This is the strafing kind i had in mind.

^Dashing around. Wrecking lives.

^Non sozins comet example, going out to beat up some punks in the earth kingdom. Note that she didn't really leave the ground. This is why i think the "space to go up, shift to cancel, but direction keys to accelerate/change-direction on a dime" is the way to go.

Usage examples
Its used for a lot of the same reasons as air/water spout but it should be fire style. It should be distinctive. That would be used as a fast paced strafing tool so you could face your target and pop off a few fire blasts in their face. Before the effect runs out and you get dropped on your a##.

This ability should be able to be used to move in a controlled manner. If you want. Whatever.
It could work for times when you want to move up slowly, with the ability slowly lifting you (faster if you press space) to reach that last 3 blocks up to the roof. (No firejet, i dont want to shoot 50 feet in the air and U-turn back to the earth)

Or across ravines (but not into the creeper 5 blocks to the other side), across holes underground (but avoid hitting the lava just next to it), or use it to land on 1x1 block pillars(without falling to your death).

^This is kinda how i envisage the space function working. Press space to not need ground underneath, sacrifices horizontal speed but at least you dont get reKt trying to dash over that ravine.

Or the horizontal sprint to escape a mine while not moving at the eye blazing speed of firejet.

Tell me if you agree with this post. I think it fits into the ethos of firebending better than anything i have read so far, but i cant read it all.

Last edited:

Tenket

Verified Member
Not meaning to be rude but the idea really is Unbalanced for the plugin in a number of Scenarios.. the way I see it even being added is if you somehow convince a coder to do it as a one off ability and even then it's not really going to do more good.. I mean fire is meant to have dis-advantages because of its Higher damaging moves.
It would be ok to have mobility like that as long as its burst like. Watch the ATLA ep in earth where Azula wrecks some peoples lives in the crystal caves. She skis around and pop pops and watches the m-f@##ers drop.

6tijn

Verified Member
Attention to poeple who keep refering to Azula. c:

Azula is indeed a very skilled and VERY dangerous, but keep in mind she is 'special' :). She is the only bender that did that firebending without Sozin's comet. It's not because Zaheer could fly that now every airbender must have that abilty. Or that Ghazan could turn whole temples into lava, ... Same for Amon, that he could bloodbend everyone in a range of like 50 meters not needing the full moon, doesn't mean that all water bender should have that ability. But ofcourse, There is bloodbending, and there is LavaBending. But it is limited. So keep in mind that this move doesn't need to be a perfect reflection of what Azula could do, but what regular firebenders can do. c:

I do like the concept of it all though, I like it c:

Kwesi

Verified Member

Azula is indeed a very skilled and VERY dangerous, but keep in mind she is 'special' :). She is the only bender that did that firebending without Sozin's comet. It's not because Zaheer could fly that now every airbender must have that abilty. Or that Ghazan could turn whole temples into lava, ... Same for Amon, that he could bloodbend everyone in a range of like 50 meters not needing the full moon, doesn't mean that all water bender should have that ability. But ofcourse, There is bloodbending, and there is LavaBending. But it is limited. So keep in mind that this move doesn't need to be a perfect reflection of what Azula could do, but what regular firebenders can do. c:

I agree. I think it's important to keep this grounded (please pardon the ironic pun). If implemented it should be done wisely.

Last edited:

Moonelight

Verified Member
If anything, you should all know Azula was 14. She is special and very fit. But in the Minecraft world we are all the same. So being more "fit" than someone is not going to effect your experience.

We are the people of minecraft, making our own choices to fit the plugins needs.

Last edited:

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
If anything, you should all know Azula was 12... She is special and very fit. But in the Minecraft world we are all the same. So being more "fit" than someone is not going to effect your experience.

We are the people of minecraft, making our own choices to fit the plugins needs.
Screen shot 2014-10-22 at 8.19.21 PM.png

Tenket

Verified Member

I sulked for a few days but i do agree with you in the end. When i look back, my ability outlay is like an AirScooter clone anyway. Would probably be better to add this to airbenders.

However a shift function on fireJet would be good still. Shift to move up slowly and move around like AirSpout.
Difference being the bender slowly rises no matter what. The ability has to be shut on and off to stay at the same level. I feel like it should be hard to use.

Moonelight

Verified Member
I sulked for a few days but i do agree with you in the end. When i look back, my ability outlay is like an AirScooter clone anyway. Would probably be better to add this to airbenders.

However a shift function on fireJet would be good still. Shift to move up slowly and move around like AirSpout.
Difference being the bender slowly rises no matter what. The ability has to be shut on and off to stay at the same level. I feel like it should be hard to use.
Never, Fire is not meant to be a hard to use element. The ease of use allows the extreme combat use in fighting.

The move isn't meant to rise up, never. It should NOT be added to air because this move is never used by an Airbender, ever. They have Airscooter, which is SIMILAR to what I want for this move.

The move shouldn't rise, it should stay at a 1.5 height. It should go at a high speed and should allow you to combat at the same time.

6tijn

Verified Member
Azula was special, but that doesn't mean any regular fire bender couldnt master this move.
I didn't mean this move shouldn't get added... I saw a lot poeple keeping refering to Azula and all things she could do. Those things, when implented, could turn out very OP against others. I personally think that moves that Azula could do, may get implented, but whisely, and a bit 'weaker'. If all firebenders can do all that Azula could, it would be unfair against other elements. The moves that get implented shouldn't be a perfect refelection of Azula. Lavabending also ins't a perfect reflection of what Ghazan could do. You want every earthbender to turn whole buildings and mountains into lava? Or waterbenders to bloodbend everyone in a 50 block radius? That is my point. I'm not saying that poeple shouldn't use Azula as inspiration for new moves, just that they the moves should be balanced when implented. c:

(PS: This is not meant to offend. c:)

Moonelight

Verified Member
I didn't mean this move shouldn't get added... I saw a lot poeple keeping refering to Azula and all things she could do. Those things, when implented, could turn out very OP against others. I personally think that moves that Azula could do, may get implented, but whisely, and a bit 'weaker'. If all firebenders can do all that Azula could, it would be unfair against other elements. The moves that get implented shouldn't be a perfect refelection of Azula. Lavabending also ins't a perfect reflection of what Ghazan could do. You want every earthbender to turn whole buildings and mountains into lava? Or waterbenders to bloodbend everyone in a 50 block radius? That is my point. I'm not saying that poeple shouldn't use Azula as inspiration for new moves, just that they the moves should be balanced when implented. c:

(PS: This is not meant to offend. c:)
Yeah, I didn't mean to act as if you were disagreeing. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.