• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fire Jet Ski

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Korra was barely floating two feet off the ground in your video you provided, this would be almost equivalent to 1/2 a block. There would be no need for this in any form of combat, you would simply be 1/2 a block taller, which is not noticeable at all.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
Korra was barely floating two feet off the ground in your video you provided, this would be almost equivalent to 1/2 a block. There would be no need for this in any form of combat, you would simply be 1/2 a block taller, which is not noticeable at all.
... This would be incredibly useful. Read this entire thread, of all the uses, then make your argument.

Moonelight

Verified Member
*Clears Throat*

Hello, I am the person that owns this thread.

I am the person that does the research on this move because I strongly believe it should be added.

The move is fast transportation. The lifting in air would simply be for show, and to show it IS a form of fire jet.

Kwesi

Verified Member
*Clears Throat*

Hello, I am the person that owns this thread.

I am the person that does the research on this move because I strongly believe it should be added.

The move is fast transportation. The lifting in air would simply be for show, and to show it IS a form of fire jet.
Yeah, this really is possible and it does have its uses, so I'm for it and it most definitely won't be a waste of a feature.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
If it is such a large deal to move quickly, can't you simply firejet across the ground? If this was combined with the firejet bind, people would be upset with such a change that would make it harder to use the default form. If it was so fast, wouldn't this just be airscooter? 12 seconds is a long time to be moving very quickly.

Kwesi

Verified Member
If it is such a large deal to move quickly, can't you simply firejet across the ground? If this was combined with the firejet bind, people would be upset with such a change that would make it harder to use the default form. If it was so fast, wouldn't this just be airscooter? 12 seconds is a long time to be moving very quickly.
If this does not alter the way the basic function is used then it doesn't have to affect anything. Players can just not use it.

dNiym

Verified Member
Levitation implies that they are hovering over the ground. Not moving particularly quickly. That's what regular firejet is for.

I actually implemented this on our server and have had zero complaints about it being hard to use.. To activate they simply shift and again if they wish to deactivate it.

Upon activation they levitate up about 8 blocks and remain there until it burns out. Movement is slow this way equivalent to sneaking.

This did initially break jetblaze and jetblast but after a few tweaks it is now possible to jetblaze/blast from mid hover which opens up some new options for use of these two already useful combos.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Levitation implies that they are hovering over the ground. Not moving particularly quickly. That's what regular firejet is for.

I actually implemented this on our server and have had zero complaints about it being hard to use.. To activate they simply shift and again if they wish to deactivate it.

Upon activation they levitate up about 8 blocks and remain there until it burns out. Movement is slow this way equivalent to sneaking.

This did initially break jetblaze and jetblast but after a few tweaks it is now possible to jetblaze/blast from mid hover which opens up some new options for use of these two already useful combos.
Your form makes very good sense, only levitation, not speedy. The move that is being implied in this thread does not fit under levitation, it is more of a ground speed jet.

No more hate!

Moonelight

Verified Member

Floating above the ground, at a high speed.

Your form makes very good sense, only levitation, not speedy. The move that is being implied in this thread does not fit under levitation, it is more of a ground speed jet.
Okay, I will change the name because I saw this coming.

<3

Moonelight

Verified Member
Well, I can't change the name without removing the "Looking Into" class, so I will ask an admin.

New name; Fire Jet Ski

Kwesi

Verified Member
Personally I didn't get that from the title at all, what I thought from the title was a suggested levitation function within the FireJet ability.

Gold

Verified Member
Every other element is getting high speed agility.. Now earth is eating there dust ; _ ;

EDIT: If this move gets added

Status
Not open for further replies.