• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fire Jet Ski

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I never said Fire Spout, I was talking about a simpler move added to the Fire Jet ability so fire benders can access higher areas easier, say someone is using Tornado to float, use the new fire jet ability to get up to them and strike.

See how Ozai flies? He uses the Fire jet levitation ability to get to areas with better aim than a fast pace fire jet.
Ozai isn't a good example because he is boosted by Sozin's Comet

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
I never said Fire Spout, I was talking about a simpler move added to the Fire Jet ability so fire benders can access higher areas easier, say someone is using Tornado to float, use the new fire jet ability to get up to them and strike.

See how Ozai flies? He uses the Fire jet levitation ability to get to areas with better aim than a fast pace fire jet.
What happens here is literally Ozai switching FireJet on and off. Could be added, so that if you haven't used the full duration, you can disable, and enable it again. Iroh II is using FireJet in that pic, so is Ozai.

That being said, your suggestion looked like a FireSpout to me. You use it, you levitate around, and as I've said, I wouldn't be a big fan of something so similar to Air/WaterSpout. Sorry if I misinterpreted your suggestion.

ChrisfromMars

Verified Member
I think a small hover mode could be used for firejet, and it wouldn't be like airspout because it won't last very long and it isn't a move of it's own. Besides, the developers didn't give a sheet of paper about lavasurge being extremely similar to surge for waterbenders. Or about waterwave acting a lot like firejet, with the exception of it leaving the trail of water behind and slowing your fall at the end. But I see your point, the moves for the elements shouldn't just be colored differently then copied and pasted, however this isn't really copying other moves as much as moves they've already added are.

Davboro

Verified Member
What happens here is literally Ozai switching FireJet on and off. Could be added, so that if you haven't used the full duration, you can disable, and enable it again.
I've been wanting that for so long. If such a mechanic could be implemented it would improve firejet so much. Like have the same duration as it does now, but be able to turn it off and back on instantly until the duration is used up. And if you don't use it again before the cooldown finishes, it would reset so you wouldn't have any fails due to a half a second firejet :p

Moonelight

Verified Member
What happens here is literally Ozai switching FireJet on and off. Could be added, so that if you haven't used the full duration, you can disable, and enable it again. Iroh II is using FireJet in that pic, so is Ozai.

That being said, your suggestion looked like a FireSpout to me. You use it, you levitate around, and as I've said, I wouldn't be a big fan of something so similar to Air/WaterSpout. Sorry if I misinterpreted your suggestion.
My idea was little particles below you, but not in a air spout way, like literally just below you, nowhere else. Like maybe just that first block below you? Idk. That's up to the concept designers.

Ahrim

Verified Member
Hmm perhaps shifting while using firejet to slow your movement? iroh II isn't a good example as he is free falling from a plane and only using it as a guidance system he's not using anything similar to a fire spout but.. as i said earlier with concentration *ie crouching it could perhaps slow the velocity of the player.. I'm not sure but i think something like that would be a more reasonable approach to it than a fire tempest which is what the op is asking for. expand upon this if you feel the need

Ahrim

Verified Member
though then again if its not like a firespout the added functionality would be useless in combat.. xD you know by swaping off the slot to firejet to attack.. so yeah.. no good could come from it xD

Moonelight

Verified Member
what if i just added a functionality to firebreath, where if you look down it temporarily shoots you into the air?
Or allows you to land gently?
I was thinking, air spout replaced with fire particles, but the twist is instead of the full spout, just particles on the block beneath you. Maybe?

Ahrim

Verified Member
I was thinking, air spout replaced with fire particles, but the twist is instead of the full spout, just particles on the block beneath you. Maybe?
problem is there is no fire spout. no cyclone of spinning flames like the other elements. so eh,, that's not going to work as you intend.

Status
Not open for further replies.