• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fire Jet Ski

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vidcom

I think that since every element is getting new moves, fire should get some. Water has been getting special treatment obviously :I
Combustion..? Water hasn't received moves since December 2012, give 'em some slack

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
Personally, I don't like recycling old moves. Fire isn't about mobility, it is about offense, and moves should be added accordingly. Slapping a FireSpout on fire is as silly as implementing RaiseWater, or EarthTorrent. This is why I dislike LavaSurge.

LavaFlow, on the other hand, is unique. It does something other benders cannot replicate. That is the kind of stuff I'd like to see added to the plugin. Not an EarthJet. Or FireScooter. Pls.

Then again, that's just my opinion.

Joeri

Verified Member
Personally, I don't like recycling old moves. Fire isn't about mobility, it is about offense, and moves should be added accordingly. Slapping a FireSpout on fire is as silly as implementing RaiseWater, or EarthTorrent. This is why I dislike LavaSurge.

LavaFlow, on the other hand, is unique. It does something other benders cannot replicate. That is the kind of stuff I'd like to see added to the plugin. Not an EarthJet. Or FireScooter. Pls.

My opinion aswell

V

Vidcom

The main reason LavaSurge was added was because lavabenders need some more of offense (because creating pools of lava is soooooo powerful), and in the show, lavabending is shown to be similar to waterbending in that it uses large, broad shots that wouldn't really hurt anyone, bar the burning factor. Other offensive moves were designed, and maybe we'll see them in future, it all depends on Mist's call because I have no idea.

Ahrim

Verified Member
The main reason LavaSurge was added was because lavabenders need some more of offense (because creating pools of lava is soooooo powerful), and in the show, lavabending is shown to be similar to waterbending in that it uses large, broad shots that wouldn't really hurt anyone, bar the burning factor. Other offensive moves were designed, and maybe we'll see them in future, it all depends on Mist's call because I have no idea.
Could you Ask them to Optimize Lava Surge? the moves really laggy.

ChrisfromMars

Verified Member
Maybe the levitation one could be a Combo added to FireCombo! FireJet > FireJet > Click Firejet
I agree with this. I think that Fire Levitation should be added to the existing firejet. It would remove the non originality problem that you state above because all it's doing is adding more flexibility to firejet's range of motion.

oXSoulX

Verified Member
Maybe instead of having firejet fly you into the air (like it does in avatastate),
you could have firejet as it is, but when you hit the ground you'll see fire particles
around you slowing you down when you fall so you won't take much fall damage.

Moonelight

Verified Member
Maybe instead of having firejet fly you into the air (like it does in avatastate),
you could have firejet as it is, but when you hit the ground you'll see fire particles
around you slowing you down when you fall so you won't take much fall damage.

People are able to fly with Fire jet without Avatar State, AKA Aang's first fire bending teacher in the last episode.

Moonelight

Verified Member

I never said Fire Spout, I was talking about a simpler move added to the Fire Jet ability so fire benders can access higher areas easier, say someone is using Tornado to float, use the new fire jet ability to get up to them and strike.

See how Ozai flies? He uses the Fire jet levitation ability to get to areas with better aim than a fast pace fire jet.

Status
Not open for further replies.