• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Earth: Reduced fall damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

EndersShadows

Verified Member
I don't think toph was afraid of going down, i think she was afraid of not being able to feel whats around her when she fell, She could be falling into a volcano for all she knows, And I honestly don't even want to hear about you guys thinking about doing this to air aswell.

Earth already doesn't take damage on earthbendable blocks, i don't see why its necessary that they dont take <as much> damage on all blocks, It just doesn't make sense and for that reason i'm voting this a strong no.
I appreciate your feedback. However I think it makes a lot of sense that earth might take some minimal damage on blocks. One reason is that they already have two, and possibly a third, sub elements to go along. Meaning earth's style could match all of air, water, and fire. Which is pretty unfair in my opinion.

This nerf, small as it is, is only to help balance things out. Keep in mind though, earthbenders rarely ever fall off great heights unless they are using catapult. Which disables the fall damage anyways.

paliate

Verified Member
nuh uh' bae.
dont pull me into this @finnbon

But to be honest that does seem like a good idea (your suggestion) but it seems too complicated not to be made a combo out of. And for that to be a thing they'd probably remove catapult all together and then just make a combo out of it, so that's why i vote no on your suggestion.

Just my thoughts.

David

Verified Member
I don't think toph was afraid of going down, i think she was afraid of not being able to feel whats around her when she fell, She could be falling into a volcano for all she knows, And I honestly don't even want to hear about you guys thinking about doing this to air aswell.

Earth already doesn't take damage on earthbendable blocks, i don't see why its necessary that they dont take <as much> damage on all blocks, It just doesn't make sense and for that reason i'm voting this a strong no.
I believe you have mistaken this suggestion.

The suggestion is to remove Earth's vulnerability of fall damage on earthbendable blocks, and make it a decreased amount of fall damage (only on earthbendables).

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
If anything we can add configurable options to work with fall damage reduction similar to how we handle chi. (Air would start at 1 (100% reduction)), etc.

Janny

Verified Member
I feel so ashamed because i dont think this is a good idea ;-;. Think about it, Toph was scared of falling from the airship, thats true, but she has fallen from great hights before and not a single scratch. Airbenders have the power to not take fall damage because they are masters of air and are one with air. If airbenders can control the air, how is it possible that they could die from fall damage if they are ALWAYS surrounded of it.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
I feel like this would really take away from the feeling of being an earthbender. I always fall as an earthbender (cliffs, trees, etc) and the passive extreme useful. There is nothing really OP about it, so it should not be nerfed, Earth has a substantial move list (only by a few moves, take in mind that there are three non-combat moves) but should not suffer a huge nerf from it.

Janny

Verified Member
I feel like this would really take away from the feeling of being an earthbender. I always fall as an earthbender (cliffs, trees, etc) and the passive extreme useful. There is nothing really OP about it, so it should not be nerfed, Earth has a substantial move list (only by a few moves, take in mind that there are three non-combat moves) but should not suffer a huge nerf from it.
I completely agree with you Bear, there is nothing OP about not taking fall damage :/

EndersShadows

Verified Member
Earthbenders are only human. They can't fall several miles and shake it off with a little sand. If I follow this logic, waterbenders could also receive a slight reduced fall damage when falling on snowblocks/snow.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Earthbenders are only human. They can't fall several miles and shake it off with a little sand. If I follow this logic, waterbenders could also receive a slight reduced fall damage when falling on snowblocks/snow.
I agree with that! I think that it is a tiny tiny tiny bit of ILOGIC if you fly up to 300 blocks then you fall on a tiny blanket of snow and survive! I think that earthbenders should take damage on earth, even if it is a small damage; waterbenders should take damage on ice/snow; airbenders should take the same fall damage, but in everyblock (you can prevent this by gliding or airspouting. Im a waterbender, dont jugde me); firebenders are ok with this because they can always use firejet (desire and will... Uhu *-*)
I already know your opinions about this, so we dont need to spam the thread.
*-* fall damage ftw

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
You wanna know what would solve this problem?
Take away fall damage for all elements, then everyone is happeh :p

Here is where I see it from:
Earth: Has the most moves, but is the only element/fighting style that doesn't have (a) combo(s). For this reason, I would say no. There is nothing op about this passive ability, same with air and water. This is Minecraft we are talking about, physics aren't all that just yet. I believe that it is an unnecessary nerf that is just to put earth another foot in the grave. The ground is the earthbenders territory, they shouldn't be harmed by it.

I retract my first comment on this thread because there have been new, oh what's the word, infuential factors in my decision of stuff. Just my opinon though. Configurable would be ok.

6tijn

Verified Member
Well, ice and packed ice ok. But snow is soft. Wait it doesn't even matter because waterbenders can easily block fall damage by spouting before falling.
I think I agree, I think o-o

Status
Not open for further replies.