• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Earth: Reduced fall damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

EndersShadows

Verified Member
Element:
Earth

Basic idea:
Enable a reduced amount of fall damage for earthbenders. Basically cut fall damage in half.

Reasons:
Even Toph was afraid of falling off certain heights. i.e. the airships in TLA's finale. If she or any other earthbender fell such a height, they're likely to break a few bones even if they turned the ground beneath them to sand before they hit.

Other info:
+ Using catapult would not cause fall damage. Seeing how the earthbender will be prepared for a long fall.
+ Earth can receive even less fall damage landing on pre-placed sand.

Pros:
+ Nerf for earth, seeing as how they have a huge ability list.
+ Logical
+ Cannon

Cons:
- Nerf for earth
- Fall damage

I am expecting to receive hate for this. Please, post away. I want to hear your reactions to a very logical addition to the plugin. It doesn't make sense that earth can fall off a mountain on accident and not injure anything.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I quite like this idea, definitely a lot more logical!

Also I don't think Air should get this nerf as they have the ability (in theory) to slow themselves down from a fall.
They did have to control the air though like in the public move airglide.

6tijn

Verified Member
Ive been wondering the same. I totally agree with this. I don't see why air would need the same.... They can prevent falldemage with airglide...

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Ive been wondering the same. I totally agree with this. I don't see why air would need the same.... They can prevent falldemage with airglide...
Then they have to do that, instead of just doing nothing and falling harmless.

David

Verified Member
I like this idea a lot. I feel like it's a good balance movement.

Also, I don't think air should get the same because, unlike Earth Benders, Air Benders are often seen jumping off cliffs without a worry in the world. Airbenders only take fall damage when they are disoriented during their fall, which happens in this plugin. If they're chi blocked or hit by a frostbreath, they take fall damage, which sticks true to the show.

Also, the staff already decided that air should not gain fall damage as it wouldn't fit well in a minecraft environment.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
Hopefully the staff looks at this. I really feel it would make a good addition, help balance out earthbending (which seems to be getting stronger fairly quickly), and provide a better sense of realism. When I suggested this idea to Enders on a server, I wasn't sure it would get this much support. Glad to see nobody's against it so far. Everyone prepare for angry earthbenders!

David

Verified Member
Hopefully the staff looks at this. I really feel it would make a good addition, help balance out earthbending (which seems to be getting stronger fairly quickly), and provide a better sense of realism. When I suggested this idea to Enders on a server, I wasn't sure it would get this much support. Glad to see nobody's against it so far. Everyone prepare for angry earthbenders!
I'm an earthbender and I want this :u

V

Vidcom

Could be good... Thing I'm having trouble determining is that it could be hard to specify what "counts" and what doesn't

paliate

Verified Member
I don't think toph was afraid of going down, i think she was afraid of not being able to feel whats around her when she fell, She could be falling into a volcano for all she knows, And I honestly don't even want to hear about you guys thinking about doing this to air aswell.

Earth already doesn't take damage on earthbendable blocks, i don't see why its necessary that they dont take <as much> damage on all blocks, It just doesn't make sense and for that reason i'm voting this a strong no.

Gold

Verified Member
I don't think toph was afraid of going down, i think she was afraid of not being able to feel whats around her when she fell, She could be falling into a volcano for all she knows, And I honestly don't even want to hear about you guys thinking about doing this to air aswell.

Earth already doesn't take damage on earthbendable blocks, i don't see why its necessary that they dont take <as much> damage on all blocks, It just doesn't make sense and for that reason i'm voting this a strong no.
8/8

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member

I see your point, and why you vote no, but I may have a suggestion that could balance it out a bit.

As @EndersShadows said, you won't take fall damage when catapulting for this reason:
Using catapult would not cause fall damage. Seeing how the earthbender will be prepared for a long fall.
What about this:
When you are falling, you can look down and click with catapult. When you do this, a sand spike of 3x3x(height is configurable) will come up, preventing you from getting fall damage. This would make sure you know you are falling and you don't randomly drop of something. The skilled ones will hardly get fall damage, cause they are concentrated and they know what to do. When you fall on the spike, it gets pushed back into the ground. This is NOT required when you don't want to die by catapult. So when falling from catapult, you don't need to do this.

(This could also be an upgrade for raise earth. Raise a pillar of earth underneath you when falling, and you won't take fall damage)

That's my suggestion. Hope it makes sense and hope you like it :)[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.