• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

[CHIBLOCKING] [TWEAK] Paralyze vs. Bending Take Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Verified Member
Lets go into chiblocking for a second. Chiblocking is a martial art that involves striking a victim's pressure points. When a bender is struck at certain points, it could either take away bending skills and still allow them to move for a short amount of time. Or take away all movement for only a short amount of time. It's been said that after a person regains movement, they feel weak. Why am I making this suggestion? To tweak the three main moves and to make chiblockers less OP. Keep in mind I am a chiblocker myself. http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Chi_blocking

Rapid Punch -
I believe that rapid punch should do the same amount of damage, but doesn't take away bending, but makes the victim feel weak. Weakness 1 for configurable amount of time.

Quick Strike - I think quick strike should deal some more damage, (About swift kick normally) but takes away bending longer. I think 3 seconds is good.

Swift Kick - Swift kick instead of taking away bending, it should slow the victim down for a configurable amount of time. It will do the same amount of damage normally.

ADD: Paralyze - Slowness 1 and weakness 1. Paralyze nows lasts shorter amount of time.

Last edited:

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Rapid Punch - I believe that rapid punch should do the same amount of damage, but doesn't take away bending, but makes the victim feel weak. Weakness 1 for configurable amount of time.
Weakness is completely worthless in a bending situation...
Paralyze - It should stay the same, but add slowness 1 and weakness 1.
If they're frozen, why would you slow and weaken them? They can't do anything during that time.. Unless you mean afterwards...

Hero

Verified Member
Weakness is completely worthless in a bending situation...

If they're frozen, why would you slow and weaken them? They can't do anything during that time.. Unless you mean afterwards...
Weakness effects bending and afterwards.

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't chiblockers have a configurable chance to block some ones chi and disable their bending ? From what I know this doesn't happen every time they use rapidpunch or any other moves for that matter.

Hero

Verified Member
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't chiblockers have a configurable chance to block some ones chi and disable their bending ? From what I know this doesn't happen every time they use rapidpunch or any other moves for that matter.
Thats true.

Loony

Verified Member
"Looking Into"
''Looking Into'' doesn't mean much.
Being looked into doesn't certify that it will be implemented. Nor does it mean they agree with you that it's making Chi less OP, It could be looked into because they're thinking about changing the way Chi moves work. Like how you suggested about giving de-buffs to player's from Chi moves, they could be doing that instead of Chi doing damage.

You kept everything the same and gave some moves buffs, I really don't understand how it makes it less OP.

Hero

Verified Member
''Looking Into'' doesn't mean much.
Being looked into doesn't certify that it will be implemented. Nor does it mean they agree with you that it's making Chi less OP, It could be looked into because they're thinking about changing the way Chi moves work. Like how you suggested about giving de-buffs to player's from Chi moves, they could be doing that instead of Chi doing damage.

You kept everything the same and gave some moves buffs, I really don't understand how it makes it less OP.
Do you see a staff saying its op, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.