• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Chiblocking Revamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Of-Topic, but anyone thinks it is time to begin adding new combos and details to pre-existing abilities for the bending, has it pretty much ran out of slot spaces ?

Hero

Verified Member
Of-Topic, but anyone thinks it is time to begin adding new combos and details to pre-existing abilities for the bending, has it pretty much ran out of slot spaces ?
I try to think of combos all the time.
But lets keep this about chi ;)

Hero

Verified Member
View attachment 1481
If you notice here, in this screenshot from the op, moves have a chance of paralysis. This, however would require a little more technique with Chi-Blocking, rather than just chaining a few attacks to guarantee victory. A change like this seems to me that it would be more fun for both Chi-Blockers and Benders. Chi-Blockers get to whale on a moving punching bag, with a lower chance of paralysis(kind of a boring victory, you know?) and the it's not the end of the world for the Bender if they get hit. In Korra the Chi-Blocking combat was a lot more like this idea proposes it to be.

I also seem to recall somebody rethinking how paralysis would work to make it more interesting for combat. Like instead of just freezing them in place, disabling a function, like shifting, or left clicking, or maybe sprinting. Anybody remember whose idea that was? Like, a link to to that thread possibly would be nice. I wanna give proper credit for where ideas come from. Maybe we could incorporate it into this suggestion, with their permission, of course.
About them getting disabled instead of freezing in place, thats kind of a thing already in Pk. Its from the chances of paralysis.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
About them getting disabled instead of freezing in place, thats kind of a thing already in Pk. Its from the chances of paralysis.
But that's different. When it happens, Paralysis still freezes you in place, it just has a lower chance of doing it. Finding some other way to slow a bender down, like a chance of either disabling left clicking, disabling crouching, or disabling sprinting is different and more dynamic for combat.

Hero

Verified Member
But that's different. When it happens, Paralysis still freezes you in place, it just has a lower chance of doing it. Finding some other way to slow a bender down, like a chance of either disabling left clicking, disabling crouching, or disabling sprinting is different and more dynamic for combat.
Eh, thay seems like too much. Right now, im trying to get combos that do what you are asking for.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
Check out the new combo, Brutal Combo!
I need help coming up with a name!
@Gamzee @HydroMan
Flying Kick. Also I would remove the first jab. Two jabs in a row irl is really awkward and not effective, as a jab works to catch a person off-guard most of the time, but off course this is Minecraft so I guess it is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.