• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Chiblocking Revamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Verified Member
I find them necesserary. I can't seem to find to point for them to even be binds , if they only all deal some certain of damage and a change of paralysis when punching the target (especally when they all do the SAME THING). I would prefer to be some sort of this thing where you left click warriorstance, which then chances your binds to those five moves and continue on doing those combos you listed of.
That wouldnt change anything because people will go the easy route and just spam moves like normal. This revamp is supposed to make chiblocking more like a real martial art instead of a class.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
Personally, I would not have palm in there. In my class we hardly use them, as they are a mostly defensive technique used in blocks.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
No thanks. Chi Blockers can obviously paralyze people.
Screen Shot 2015-06-17 at 6.17.51 PM.png
If you notice here, in this screenshot from the op, moves have a chance of paralysis. This, however would require a little more technique with Chi-Blocking, rather than just chaining a few attacks to guarantee victory. A change like this seems to me that it would be more fun for both Chi-Blockers and Benders. Chi-Blockers get to whale on a moving punching bag, with a lower chance of paralysis(kind of a boring victory, you know?) and the it's not the end of the world for the Bender if they get hit. In Korra the Chi-Blocking combat was a lot more like this idea proposes it to be.

I also seem to recall somebody rethinking how paralysis would work to make it more interesting for combat. Like instead of just freezing them in place, disabling a function, like shifting, or left clicking, or maybe sprinting. Anybody remember whose idea that was? Like, a link to to that thread possibly would be nice. I want to give proper credit for where ideas come from. Maybe we could incorporate it into this suggestion, with their permission, of course.

Last edited:

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
Just for reference. Also these are the teikwondo versions of the moves. You might be thinking of kick boxing or just boxing.

Jab

Punch (aka Reverse Punch)

Knee Strike

Roundhouse Kick

Hero

Verified Member
Just for reference. Also these are the teikwondo versions of the moves. You might be thinking of kick boxing or just boxing.

Jab

Punch (aka Reverse Punch)

Knee Strike

Roundhouse Kick
More or less

This was inspired from my brawler concept. When I ment Jab, I mean like striking witb your hands straight and not in a fist.

Last edited:

Hero

Verified Member
Then lets remove rapidpunch altogether. Why needing it, if we can spam punch.
Because punch by itself does almost no damage. Im trying to make it so when you do a combo, something different happens. Crushing Blow can cause slowness and nausa while rapid punch can disable bending for a moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.