• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Catapult > Don't Shockwave please I beg of you and thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
For what this is?
Either for Catapult or ShockWave

What this will do?
This will be a config option, with a intregar that can be change by the person, which determines how many times will shockwave work with each catapult. (After those tries are finish, the bender will be able to catapult + shockwave again in 20 seconds)

Setting to 0 will prevent the earthbender from using shochwave that is caused by the catapult's landing, permanently.

Why would anyone need this
This tactic is not stradegic anymore, but it is annoying. Catapult itself isn't op, but when someone uses inconjudtion with shochwave, you can't really prevent soneone from realising this powerful earthquake attack, because you can land a blow to hit them while they're flying really fast.

Last edited:

Green

Verified Member
YES THIS IS NEEDED!!! It is the most annoying thing when earth benders spam catapult and shockwave. I love this.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
The catapult+Shockwave was used by earthbenders several times through out the series of both ATLA and TLOK, so I don't think removing it is necessary (I know this isn't about removing the option). I think, instead, there should be an overall cooldown option for schockwave that is applied when used in this manner. So if you charge shockwave, the cooldown is applied. And when you fall from a height and use shockwave, the cooldown is applied there. The cooldown, as in all other abilities, will symbolize the amount of physical ability it takes to use the move. The cooldown for charging and the cooldown for falling should be seperate. Because it would take more force to create the shockwave with no momentum, whereas falling would be a bit easier to achieve. I do understand that this is annoying but I think a cooldown would be best and it should be editable in the config for server owners to decide. Default cooldown, in my opinion, should be a long one.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
It is not necessary, because Shockwave has a cooldown equal to 6 seconds.
The catapult+Shockwave was used by earthbenders several times through out the series of both ATLA and TLOK, so I don't think removing it is necessary (I know this isn't about removing the option). I think, instead, there should be an overall cooldown option for schockwave that is applied when used in this manner. So if you charge shockwave, the cooldown is applied. And when you fall from a height and use shockwave, the cooldown is applied there. The cooldown, as in all other abilities, will symbolize the amount of physical ability it takes to use the move. The cooldown for charging and the cooldown for falling should be seperate. Because it would take more force to create the shockwave with no momentum, whereas falling would be a bit easier to achieve. I do understand that this is annoying but I think a cooldown would be best and it should be editable in the config for server owners to decide. Default cooldown, in my opinion, should be a long one.
It's a config option, so it's there for people who want it. Personally, I'm all in for this, because Shockwave already does a lot, and now with EarthSmash, Earth can get you pretty low if they hit just one ESmash and Shockwave.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
It's a config option, so it's there for people who want it. Personally, I'm all in for this, because Shockwave already does a lot, and now with EarthSmash, Earth can get you pretty low if they hit just one ESmash and Shockwave.
It's only a config option when the move is charged. I want it to be used regardless of charged or fall.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
@Andrey_Frolov, the thing is, this is kind of a first world problem (or second, if thats how you like to think) for me: I don't wanna change the cooldown of shockwave, but I do want to change it for catapult AND shockwave when used in a sequence.

Of course, the integer could be the number in seconds as cooldown, but then there will a separate option so that I can disable this annoying tactic for good.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Personally, I disagree with this, I think it would be cooler if instead of the shockwave being the same, the surge grows taller and goes for less of a distance like it would if you look in this picture, the middle raises higher once if you drop onto it. It would be cool if shockwave with catapult worked like this. It would make more sense. than if the same shockwave if you charge and catapult.

TheWaterChief

Staff member
Bug Tester
Verified Member
@Andrey_Frolov, the thing is, this is kind of a first world problem (or second, if thats how you like to think) for me: I don't wanna change the cooldown of shockwave, but I do want to change it for catapult AND shockwave when used in a sequence.

Of course, the integer could be the number in seconds as cooldown, but then there will a separate option so that I can disable this annoying tactic for good.
I disagree with this, because you didn't agree with my config option. You found my config option is not needed, and I believe this senseless too.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I disagree with this, because you didn't agree with my config option. You found my config option is not needed, and I believe this senseless too.
Well, fine have it your way. If you can't take anyone criticism, what's your point in being in this forum? To be biased because you didn't receive full-of-bunny-rainbow-and-everything-nice-comments? Well I'm sorry, but I'll tell you that I disagree with you because that's my view towards your idea and I didn't do it for not liking you or anything like that.

BryanPlays

Verified Member
I see it this way, it is very easy to dodge as every element even chi. As chi you just highjump or wallrun. Air air you airblast airsuction airspout tornado airscooter many things. As earth you catapult earthgrab raiseearth. As water you just run into the water to spout etc or phasechange it to walk on it (as shockwave only travels on earth. As fire, firejet.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I see it this way, it is very easy to dodge as every element even chi. As chi you just highjump or wallrun. Air air you airblast airsuction airspout tornado airscooter many things. As earth you catapult earthgrab raiseearth. As water you just run into the water to spout etc or phasechange it to walk on it (as shockwave only travels on earth. As fire, firejet.
Here's the thing. Fire NEEDS firejet to actually have a chance in battle. Using firejet is a crucial moment in any fight that involves a firebender, and sometimes, this falling shockwave can hit us when FJ's on cooldown.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
You could argue that waterbender can kill or almost kill them by timing in the right moment - creating ice in there where they are about to fall. Although that greats, but it is still pain in ass for other 3 type benders suffer the "fly and fight' tactic.

BryanPlays

Verified Member
Here's the thing. Fire NEEDS firejet to actually have a chance in battle. Using firejet is a crucial moment in any fight that involves a firebender, and sometimes, this falling shockwave can hit us when FJ's on cooldown.
Then that is the bender's fault.

This issue with the spamming of shockwave and catapult is fixed based on the config. If it is spammable on the server you play on ask the config editor to change it. Do not make a post every time there is something that you think is spammed when it can be fixed by a simple config change.

Status
Not open for further replies.