• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Blue fire

Would you like to see blue fire added?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
"Exception: When name is reddust, mobSpell, or mobSpellAmbient and count is 0 or not specified, specifies the color of the particle in RGB format offset from the particle's default color (reddust's default is a near-red (a random red tint between 0.8 and 1.0), while the others default to black). For example, with reddust, 0 0 0produces a red particle, -1 1 0 produces a green particle (red is reduced to 0 and green increased to 1), 0 0 1 produces a purple particle (blue is added to the original red), etc. With mobSpell or mobSpellAmbient, 0 0 0 produces a black particle, 0 1 0 produces a green particle, 0 0 0.5 produces a dark blue particle, etc. If count is greater than 0, colors are randomized."

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Commands#particle

I have no idea what this is talking about but it sounds like you can change the color of some particles. Could that work?

Chen

Verified Member
As far as I'm aware I don't think you can change the color of particles with out a texture pack.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
I think the article implies that you can. With reddust, mobSpell, and mobSpellAmbient only though. I don't know, maybe one of the developers can understand what the article is saying.

Edit: With further research it appears reddust is red stone dust particles, mobSpell is potion particles, mobSpellAmbient are potion particles from a beacon. So only reddust would really work but I do not know if it would like good.

Last edited:

NinjaK

Verified Member
I don't see any reason why we shouldn't just replace the firebending particles with the light-blue firework particles and give a damage boost (to those who have this ability).

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
I don't see any reason why we shouldn't just replace the firebending particles with the light-blue firework particles and give a damage boost (to those who have this ability).
Apparently fire work particles cause lag. I don't know myself that is just what I heard.

NinjaK

Verified Member
Apparently fire work particles cause lag. I don't know myself that is just what I heard.
In that case, the developers could just try what you're saying to change the color of the fire particle. If that doesn't work, we can just try the firework particles to check for lag. Wouldn't hurt to try. Or we could just go straight for trying light-blue firework particles since that's the easier option.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
In that case, the developers could just try what you're saying to change the color of the fire particle. If that doesn't work, we can just try the firework particles to check for lag. Wouldn't hurt to try. Or we could just go straight for trying light-blue firework particles since that's the easier option.
I didn't say they could change fire particles. Only redstone dust and potion particles.

Shadowx329

Verified Member
Guys your not changing the what the particle looks like, You cant make the current mobspawning particles look bluish. You swap out the particle. Also I doubt it would lag that bad. airbending for example,has a lot of particles yet functions pretty good.

NinjaK

Verified Member
Guys your not changing the what the particle looks like, You cant make the current mobspawning particles look bluish. You swap out the particle. Also I doubt it would lag that bad. airbending for example,has a lot of particles yet functions pretty good.
I agree with Shadowx.

guy057

Verified Member
I would love for this to be added as it can start fights for range vs damage. And i would prefer if it were a donator thing as noob firebenders would win over pro firebenders because of the damage of the attack and fire damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.