• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Announcing the first ProjectKorra Community Contest - Win up to $20

xNuminousx

You did involve us.
By responding to one person, you involved yourself. By responding to the people who involved themselves, I well... I did just that, I responded to them lol. Not much else to say about that. I responded to one person, two people responded to me, I responded to both of them. I never called anyone out by name or anything. The choice to respond was all yours...

you started giving the complete opposite of constructive criticism.
I'd like to know where the criticism stopped... I'm sure it did stop at some point in this thread, but I'd like to know where YOU think it stopped so that I can respond with why. Again, taken too personal....

You knit pick everything we say, everything we do. Do you know how annoying that is?
I'm sure it is annoying, I have no doubt. If I won't say it, who will? Mesk may, but he'll just get in the same situation I'm in. You want me to just pray to the heaves you'll figure everything out on your own? I can do that, but then what happens to community activity... I guess there's always the suggestions.

The fact that you always so negatively judge us?
Can you point out a time where it wasn't true or when it wasn't just? It may be negative but it's not like I say "You suck" and then run away. I give you solutions and criticism, what you do with that is all you. However, if I see a wrong I plan to speak about it. But every single time I see something wrong and point it out I get all these staffers just getting upset... Is it really too much to just point out an issue and get it solved? Omni was late. Monday is not apart of the weekend. 1 day. Is it a big deal? No, it really isn't. If this was the first or second time they've been late on a deadline, this never would have happened. If I never suggested NOT to give any specifics, this never would have happened. But unfortunately with the way things were handled things seem a bit ignored. I pointed it out so MAYBE, just maybe, fixes and improvements can be made but instead peeps got hurt personally. You made a mistake. Big deal. Just fix it and let's move on.

You are acting as though we have done wrong by you.
By the whole dealine thing? Um no, I'm acting like I've been ignored. By the whole involvement thing? I mean I have been blamed in the past for things that were not my fault involving the whole authority thing. But I know that's not the point of the thread. That became the point when Arch didn't understand what was going on but we got that all solved Simp.
You're victimizing yourself, making us look like bad people.
Bad people for doing what? Again, people make mistakes. I'd just like people to own up to them rather than pass the blame around and dig up more drama. I brought up the deadline issue (because it's been a major issue in the past and apparently things weren't changed) and peeps got hurt.... It's NOT a big deal (in this scenario) so just accept, learn, and move on...

we will stand by our team members that do.
And I don't have a problem with that. I have a problem when the situation is turned to me getting upset at a staff member doing things they don't have the authority to be doing when that's not really what happened. Call this "victimizing" if you like, but it happens. Sue me.

Monday is the beginning of the week, which would make it the end of last week.
I guess our concept of weeks is different. When I read the days of the week out loud I start with Monday and I end with Sunday. Implying Monday is the beginning of the week and Sunday is the end of the week. Of course, at this point it's just really opinionated and for some people Wednesday could be the end of the week. It's completely situational but I assume we're talking generally and this is what I was taught in kindergarten so.

because you were too impatient
How many times must I say that this wasn't started because I was impatient.... Again, you guys are taking EVERYTHING so personal... Please go through the entire argument. I'm sure it'll do justice in this situation.

you decided to be pretty rude about it.
Could you please point out something I said that was rude before post #70? The chore thing was sort of passive aggressive, I agree, but before that it was decently "diplomatic" I skimmed through it, didn't read it all, so I could be wrong. Because of this, I ask for evidence. If there is none, then I'll continue to say how it's funny when people speak the blunt truth their automatically considered rude. Again, this all could have been avoided.

You demand we change what we're doing, but you don't realize we have!
This event says otherwise tbh... But he did say "Expect a post" instead of "There will be a post on X day" so I guess that's improvement. (He = Omni)

First we didn't have a timeframe for a lot of things because our lives get in the way a LOT and they take priority for everybody on the team. But the community didn't like that so we decided to give you all a rough timeframe for betas and other things. Well when we didn't make those the community also complained.
Yea and, as I've said in this argument, the "general" active community members (IE like 3-4 people lol) decided it'd be best if we stuck to vague-ness rather than exact answers. But I'm sure that message was either ignored or unheard by those who needed to hear it. There was a staff member involved in that debate and everything.

Now I'd like you to think, and tell me how that makes any sort of sense.
It doesn't. That's why we had a community discussion on what to do about it and the general consensus was to stay vague... As I've said in this argument and countless others......

Literally, we can't make you happy.
I gave you the key to happiness tho... It was just thrown away...

I bet if we got something out on time we'd still get shit on
Actually I'd congratulate you on your punctuation improvement. If I would "find something to shit on" really depends on the content you release. If it was a Core/Beta release I'd thank you for your work (Like I usually do) and then wait a few days before I test it and give feedback (Like I usually do).

It is frustrating and annoying.
Imagine repeating yourself over and over :/

Now don't take this as me being hostile or attacking you. I've done nothing but state facts as they are.
That's what I've done but yet I'm still "hostile" and "attacking" the entire staff team apparently....

Don't demand from us.
I don't demand. I suggest. Whether you take it or not, that's up to y'all. However, when I see that I could have been right, that's when there's a moment of "I told ya so" and people tend to get butt hurt.

So everybody hope you learned something today. Don't give them criticism, just seems like bad news... If there's an issue they'll figure it out eventually I guess. Good luck guys.

"this is some pretty good reading material"

Some relevance with the date thing: I always notice some calendars have Sunday as a startpointing and some don't. Minor thing, but I think it fits. It's all up to how people perceive.

Now with this all fight going on. Don't know where to start. Earlier I was bother about the date thing, but I just got over it and I'll just take with grain of salt.

I honeslty don't think there's really a point to complainingg @xNuminousx. They manage to (almost) release it in time. Being one day late isn't the end of the world, lol. I have to side with PK on this one. They got it pretty much it done as they promise, with a lee bit late taken deadline. Try encouraging for taking the action sooner instead "arghh, yoou guys!! rly?!", instead of pulling 'em down (even If it isn't your intention). Like @Loony said, you can't please the two sides of people who are "critizing" (which is actually complaining) who like to hear release dates and those who (us) wanna hear vague release time periods. Just give pick some time to work this out :) . Maybe they're already resolving this flaws that you're addressing, considering they manage to do something sooner: with something planned on this last friday, but happen on saturday instead (If my calculations are correct) and the deliberation thing on sunday, but happen on monday.

Secondly, I do not think this was the best place to start this heated convo. You could have taken or elsewhere, because this thread is not the place to do so. People (probably myself included) go to off-topic often in irrelevant threads, especally the annouced/news by the plugin department itself officially.

I think that's all my two cents. *Meskenas - out!*

And those who don't like reading, TL; DR version: Let's give/cut e the team some slack, shall we and will ya!

xNuminousx

Mesk, you have some pretty good points. I also agree this 1 day thing isn't a big deal, I've said that several times. I also agree they deserve a break, they do work very hard. However, as Loony said, I mainly brought this up in the beginning because they were repeating the same mistakes, even after given a solution. The general repetition/argument got heated up when people started taking things too personally. Now to the quotes! Rip

I honeslty don't think there's really a point to complainingg @xNuminousx.
I simply brought it to light that the same mistake has been made yet again. Yea, it was on a small scale. But regardless, it was the same mistake. I wasn't crying or anything, just brought it up.

Being one day late isn't the end of the world, lol.
As I've said many times in this thread.

Try encouraging for taking the action sooner
This has been discussed several times, AKA they HAVE been encouraged to take action sooner. But as Loony said, it's up to the administrators so no one but them gets a say.

Like @Loony said, you can't please the two sides of people who are "critizing"
Understandable, but they seemed to have chosen the minority choice rather than the majority. Again, I've brought up the discussion where vague-ness was a more reasonable decision. But as I've already said before in this thread, the administrators probably didn't get the memo of that debate.

who like to hear release dates and those who (us) wanna hear vague release time periods.
Yea, I would LOVE to hear exact release dates. It would save a lot of worry and concern. But I believe if they have as much time trouble as they have, vague-ness is the best solution. When they were originally being vague, I'm sure those who were complaining didn't understand the time issue and pleaded for exact answers. Exact answers are awesome to hear, but they may not be the best thing to hear. I've already said, who ever has an issue with the vague answers send them to me.

Just give pick some time to work this out :)
*like*

Maybe they're already resolving this flaws that you're addressing
Possibly

Secondly, I do not think this was the best place to start this heated convo
I didn't either at first. If you read my original long post I was going to send it in PM. But I added some emotional stuff that I felt the community needed to hear so I posted it here. All the responses and hurt people responded to it here. After that point, yea I could have taken it else where. But I just don't want people to think it's all my fault that it's here. Partially mine, yes, but I'm not the only one in this argument.

I think that's all my two cents. *Meskenas - out!*
Thanks Mesk xD Very diplomatic response, and pretty reasonable. <3

Loony

Oh boy, please just let it die now. There was no delay, there was no mistake. It was a simple miscommunication; As Omnicypher said before, he considered the end of the week to be early Monday. Let it end.

Ironicly enough, to bring the topic back: When will the poles be up and when can we vote? xD

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

xNuminousx

Ironicly enough, to bring the topic back: When will the poles be up and when can we vote? xD

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt
I agreed because I assumed you meant voting about being vague or to give estimates but then I realized I didn't remember someone saying anything about a poll so I ask: what are you wanting a poll over?

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
I agreed because I assumed you meant voting about being vague or to give estimates but then I realized I didn't remember someone saying anything about a poll so I ask: what are you wanting a poll over?
There was a tie for winners. So to pick one final winner there will be a vote by the community.

xNuminousx

Question: The title says "Win up to $20" so does this mean the actual price may vary?

Question: Has the winner been given their prize yet?

Question: In the post Mist says "Precipitants" plural. Does this mean more than 1 person will be rewarded?

Result: Confused.

Madocean

I wish everyone luck in this contest. I won't be participating since I have no skill in Java/ will to succeed, but I do have an extremly large list of ability suggestions for other projects that I have not released on PK. If you need some inspiration, hit me up.
Hey I have a couple giant lists myself, I'd really like to exchange ideas.
Contact me on discord @madocean#2620 or just pm me if ya like

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
Hey everyone, sorry for the wait. Finals are around the corner and the pressure from my professors has really set in.

As you guys may know we actually had a tie between two of the entries. We let you, the community, decide who would be the winner by popular vote which resulted in @Loony coming out on top. The in-depth info given on that poll can be found here. Congratulations to @Loony, @Brainwave, @ArchBear_Vega, and @TheLegend27 for participating.

For those of you wondering, here is a little information about each entry! All abilities have been uploaded for download so you can test them out yourself!

Spiritual Projection: @Loony

Spiritual Projection is a multiability that allows the user to channel spiritual energy to perform a wide variety of tasks. These include phasing through walls, firing spiritual blasts, and draining the energy of other benders.
Dig: @Brainwave

Dig picks up some of the slack other moves like EarthTunnel don't allow for. Aimed at terraforming and resource collection, Dig allows you to permanently alter the terrain around you and pick up earthbendable blocks without needing to mine.
Plasmolysis: @ArchBear_Vega

Plasmolysis allows its user to drain the water from multiple surrounding plants causing them to die. The move, if completed, was meant to allow this water to be used as sources for other moves like Torrent, Water Manipulation, and Surge.

Avatar Sphere is a multiability that encases the user in particles representing the four elements. It allows them to use a move from each element, AirBlast, FireBlast, and two custom moves, Water Blast, and Earth Slice. Sorry for the lack of a gif on this one. One was not provided.

Again, thank you to everyone who participated and to our judges. Also, thank you to the community for bearing with us, this was our first attempt at a contest like this, we ironed out a few issues and hopefully will have another one soon. If you have any suggestions please feel free to make one here.

Attachments

xNuminousx

Plasmolysis: @ArchBear_Vega

Plasmolysis allows its user to drain the water from multiple surrounding plants causing them to die. The move, if completed, was meant to allow this water to be used as sources for other moves like Torrent, Water Manipulation, and Surge.
I'm confused, why would a bender chose this ability over the sourcing Pk already has? Not trying to hate or be negative, I'm just trying to figure out what makes this move a better alternative because from the description it sounds like a rework in sourcing..... Could I use the source multiple times? If I install this would it make Pk sourcing more logical? #Confused.

Loony

I'm confused, why would a bender chose this ability over the sourcing Pk already has? Not trying to hate or be negative, I'm just trying to figure out what makes this move a better alternative because from the description it sounds like a rework in sourcing..... Could I use the source multiple times? If I install this would it make Pk sourcing more logical? #Confused.
The move wasn't finished in time, it doesn't really work.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
First of all, you don't need to read into this, there is no reason for why someone would choose this over sourcing UNLESS You have no water around.

xNuminousx

Because you said there'd be no water around. I quoted it... Thought it'd be obvious...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Madocean

I mean I think Numi had a valid question, does it improve the logic of current sourcing? I'm no joke very interested to know. I might download the ability.

Last edited: