• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

AirDodge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green

Verified Member
More like one of the stupidest and uncannon thing in the plugin.

Have you EVER seen someone in the avatar world make a weird air ball thing, stand upon it AND THEN launch themselves. No because that would be stupid and a waste of time if it is even possible.

They are getting rid of the shift feature of airblast and airsuction so this is the only thing to add onto airblast that would make sense.

And also I think most of the people commenting on this post now haven't even looked at the post..... All I am saying is to make Airblast's mechanic to be easier and more cannon, and not be so OP. Air is about dodging, not running away from fights like they do now.

TLAalltheway

Verified Member
More like one of the stupidest and uncannon thing in the plugin.
Air is supposed to have over exaggerated mobility; sure the move itself may be canon but what the developer was trying to convey that as an airbender you always have the option to be passive when attacked and make quick getaways. Also, airblast is not just for running it's for dodging as well and maneuvering yourself around your opponent. With this new air move air would be just, bad. I can't believe this will actually be implemented in 1.9. Terrible.

Green

Verified Member
Ok what you just said makes no sense...... You want a move that dodges moves quickly?? Then this is it. ALL I AM SAYING IS MAKE AIRBLAST LAUNCH BE ACTIVATED BY TAPPING SHIFT IN THE DIRECTION YOU WANT TO GO!!!!! All that is really different is it not being an Op mobility move that allows airbenders to excape from combat WAY to easily! It is a dodging and mobility move that isn't Op and can still be used to dodge attacks and to get up to higher places!!!

Green

Verified Member

Oh

My

God

THAT IS WHAT I HAVE GD BEEN TRYING TO TELL YOU PEOPLE!!! ALL I AM SAYING IS TO CHANGE THE MECHANIC AND MAKE IT LESS OP!!! AND IM GETTING COMMENTS LIKE "Airblast is airs main mobility move." WELL NO F'ING S@$T!!! THIS MOVE MAKES IT TO WHERE YOU CAN DODGE FASTER AND YOU CAN STILL LAUNCH YOUR SELF KINDA HIGH BY CHARGING IT!!!

Sorry for being so mad.... I get like that sometimes. :D

TLAalltheway

Verified Member
So this way airbenders finally aren't able to have the ultimate engage / disengage from fights, that and insane mobility, which is currently what makes air the most OP element (at least in my opinion)
Air is overpowered because of the insane amount of damage they can dish out because of ADD ON MOVES.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Air is overpowered because of the insane amount of damage they can dish out because of ADD ON MOVES.
Actually no. Air can survive off of two moves, Airblast and Airswipe. It's been able to do that since Orion's plugin and while it takes still to be able to successfully Airblast at a 10 - 15 degree angle and then airswipe to hit the person immediately after, the reward is amazing. Not only do you cover ground, but you also do damage to the person. Sure, if you time it just right, you may be able to hit the airbender too. But you'll most likely get only about 2 - 4 hits on the airbender, and that's if you're vastly experienced with your element. A master of airbending is much more powerful, especially when facing a master of firebending or a master of earthbending, and so on.

My main message is that airbending with the current airblast right now is far too rewarding once you've become experienced and attuned to. You can't be hit when you're able to airblast the second you land on the ground, your damage output, is actually insane, even though it's one move, the move has a wide range, low cooldown, and combine with your ground speed buff, airswipe alone is a monster in an experienced player's hands.

Airsweep has only given air more power, and air with addons is a nightmare, but here on the PK forums suggestions don't consider addons because they're not apart of the PK plugin.

Green

Verified Member
Omg omg omg OMG omg omg OMG OMG!!!! Yayayayayyayayaayy I can't believe something I suggested is actually going to be implimented!!!! I am so happy!!!! This will make air bending so much better in my opinion.

TLAalltheway

Verified Member
Omg omg omg OMG omg omg OMG OMG!!!! Yayayayayyayayaayy I can't believe something I suggested is actually going to be implimented!!!! I am so happy!!!! This will make air bending so much better in my opinion.
What's your username so that everybody can target you in game?

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
What's your username so that everybody can target you in game?
I like to know yours too, because you're opinion is unnaccetable to my interest. Is that the reason why you like to direct venge to him? How would you like it if PK blacklisted you from their plugin because of liking this plugin's predecessor more, via different opinion? You really have no respect to people that like or don't like on what you dislike/like.

I can agree, airbending addons are cancer (no offense). That's why I prefer to play on after ProjectKorra releases its own official addons, which is likely to be 100% addon free.

Last edited:

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
^^^ Pissed off airbending owner, yeah xD Although they will find a way to get their hands on a updated version without including the upcoming features or just revert them back and adjust to their likings.

BTW, I believe my signature fits in this thread, despite not knowing how this nerf will influence the gameplay experence (good or bad).

Loony

Verified Member
well i guess a lot of servers wont be updating to pk 1.9
Then they can keep using older versions?

I hate how people have no idea what our plans are and are already against it?
Don't take the entire thread as a plan, only assume the ability to 'air dodge' is in development.

[EDIT]: Also don't assume your opinion is the popular one.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I don't blame them, because when you name your doc "finalized"? That word is misleading. But even with that removed or change into, people will still keep going into those assumptions without taking their time to look into the document more and consult with the devs.

Loony

Verified Member
I don't blame them, because when you name your doc "finalized"? That word is misleading. But even with that removed or change into, people will still keep going into those assumptions without taking their time to look into the document more and consult with the devs.
You mean the document PK did NOT share? Therefor it isn't OUR doc??

Status
Not open for further replies.