• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

AirDodge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironraptor3

I said multiple times that airblast is OP, which means it is over powered compared to the other elements, if you didn't know.......

You do notice that there is no point of having airblast because all people do who use it is run away, and they can get way to far way to fast, which is WAYYY over powered. If you want to dodge this ability would be 1000% better because A) it's faster And B) it makes fights with air an actual fight instead of them litterally running way away in a couple seconds.......

And I said you can have an angle on the launch just like catapult, and like it there is a certain limit to what angle you can launch. It's just if that angle is less than 70 degrees then you go straight up...... This is useful for getting to high ground, but not overpowered because there is an angle limit.

Don't you see the A) Airblast's mechanic is wierd an not possible and B) It's way to OP

THIS IS THE PERFECT MOVE FOR QUICKLY DODGING INCOMING ATTACKS AND THEN STRIKING BACK LIKE AIR IS SUPPOSED TO DO!!!
reading the caps first, but airblast already does this... and if you honestly think that the only people who use airblast are noobs who run, you are dead wrong. Also, it takes 1 second to run away? You consider that a fight? What are you speaking from experience of, a server of complete noobs? Where are you getting the statistic of 1000% better? A dodge with a cooldown, whats the point then? The dodge is meant to bait out certain moves, not be baited out, it would defeat the purpose...
Again, why would going straight up be overpowered compared to going straight horizontal? Last time I checked, gravity would quickly negate the vertical move within seconds. "Its op to move straight up, its easier to run if you only move your y coordinate rather than your x or z, even though gravity reverts your y coordinate and not the x or z" I think you mean to say that you wish to make it *easier* to run, if thats the case, by preventing airbenders from blasting straight up to prepare a counter attack.

^ All of that is jumbled and not separated nicely because your response skips around and I cannot really separate the counterargument, sorry.

"Do you notice that there is no point of having airblast because all people who* use it to*is run away"
* = means what you most likely meant, your grammar was incomprehensible

what are you even talking about, if thats the basis of your combat-functionality argument, you have no argument. As i said before, this is THE. SINGLE. MOST. IMPORTANT. MOVE. IN. A. FIGHT. If you think that using it in itself constitutes running, its akin to saying using firejet is running away. Its not. The ability to move itself is not running away.

And for your first point, you said it was op compared to other elements. Why? Shifting and swimming around in 10 block deep water which moves cant hit through is fine, and not running away (especially when using regen), but moving around quickly is unfair??? You are just spouting (hah, get it? Air spout) nonsense to defend your point, but everything you just said either has no basis, is completely untrue, or has no relevance to your actual argument.

You keep saying its op relative to specifications so general, you CAN make the argument its op. Everyone considered a top 10 airbender for all servers throughout all versions of bending plugins all use airblast as their main move. If its integral to the best airbenders, then saying only noobs use it is either completely unfounded or saying that you think air is nooby, introducing your obvious personal bias against it and resulting wish to nerf it.

I will not respond to this again, as I was only responding in the first place because I had free periods in school. I have better things to do than argue against incoherent and fabricated points.

I don't even see why there is a debate over this. The AirBlast isn't realistic at all, not to mention it is not canon. So what is the issue? An airbender has never displayed a hint of abilitiy to create a blast beneath them other than an airjump which comes from their feet rather than their hands like the ability known as "Air Blast" Airbenders are the biggest trolls because of Airblast. The only way to catch one is to be an airbender as well or Avatar. This should really be changed.
The whole argument is that air is completely unusable without it, ask any airbender. Whether its cannon does not matter, its like telling an archer to stop using a bow in combat, yet continue fighting, because its not a traditional knight weapon. Makes absolutely no sense, and to sum up in your own words, what could be the issue with it?

Green

First of you can tap shift in any direction and you will be launched 8 blocks in that direction, then while still in the air you can tap shift in any direction again and be launch 3 blocks in the direction looking. YOU CANNOT LAUNCH STRAIGHT FORWARDS YOU HAVE TO ATLEAST BE LOOKING AT A 20 DEGREE ANGLE OR MORE, IF ITS ANY LESS YOU WILL BE LAUNCHED STRAIGHT UP. You can use this on a wall if you are falling or something, this can launch you any direction but straight up or down. This will have a 3 second cooldown.
Edited :)

Green

I swear.....

Horizontal means farther away from someone....... Vertical would be used to get to higher ground, if you want an ability to transport yourself use airscooter....... Besides you have to have enough ground to push off of to launch anyways and if you are going directly horizontal you wouldn't get that far because you would be pushing air with air, you might get a couple blocks......

So you are just butt hurt because you want to have your precious airblast launch to run away from all the fights you can't fight..... If you want to run airscooter out of there or just don't be air because you can't put up an actual fight!

*Drops Mic

Green

And have you recently looking at my thread? I already changed the cooldown to 3 seconds a couple days ago so.....

xNuminousx

If you become disabled because airblast was replaced with something more realistic then that is really upsetting. This proves that airblast is over used for it's power of escaping and evading. I am an airbender if any. Air is my main element. To use as modes of escape or transportation I can use airbreath, airglide, airscooter or other addon abilities. If you become dsiabled because airblast removed, that means it was so heavily depended on which could be seen as it being OP and people taking advantage of how OP it actually is.

Sorin

reading the caps first, but airblast already does this... and if you honestly think that the only people who use airblast are noobs who run, you are dead wrong. Also, it takes 1 second to run away? You consider that a fight? What are you speaking from experience of, a server of complete noobs? Where are you getting the statistic of 1000% better? A dodge with a cooldown, whats the point then? The dodge is meant to bait out certain moves, not be baited out, it would defeat the purpose...
Again, why would going straight up be overpowered compared to going straight horizontal? Last time I checked, gravity would quickly negate the vertical move within seconds. "Its op to move straight up, its easier to run if you only move your y coordinate rather than your x or z, even though gravity reverts your y coordinate and not the x or z" I think you mean to say that you wish to make it *easier* to run, if thats the case, by preventing airbenders from blasting straight up to prepare a counter attack.

^ All of that is jumbled and not separated nicely because your response skips around and I cannot really separate the counterargument, sorry.

"Do you notice that there is no point of having airblast because all people who* use it to*is run away"
* = means what you most likely meant, your grammar was incomprehensible

what are you even talking about, if thats the basis of your combat-functionality argument, you have no argument. As i said before, this is THE. SINGLE. MOST. IMPORTANT. MOVE. IN. A. FIGHT. If you think that using it in itself constitutes running, its akin to saying using firejet is running away. Its not. The ability to move itself is not running away.

And for your first point, you said it was op compared to other elements. Why? Shifting and swimming around in 10 block deep water which moves cant hit through is fine, and not running away (especially when using regen), but moving around quickly is unfair??? You are just spouting (hah, get it? Air spout) nonsense to defend your point, but everything you just said either has no basis, is completely untrue, or has no relevance to your actual argument.

You keep saying its op relative to specifications so general, you CAN make the argument its op. Everyone considered a top 10 airbender for all servers throughout all versions of bending plugins all use airblast as their main move. If its integral to the best airbenders, then saying only noobs use it is either completely unfounded or saying that you think air is nooby, introducing your obvious personal bias against it and resulting wish to nerf it.

I will not respond to this again, as I was only responding in the first place because I had free periods in school. I have better things to do than argue against incoherent and fabricated points.

The whole argument is that air is completely unusable without it, ask any airbender. Whether its cannon does not matter, its like telling an archer to stop using a bow in combat, yet continue fighting, because its not a traditional knight weapon. Makes absolutely no sense, and to sum up in your own words, what could be the issue with it?
If only you'd read the suggestion. This is a replacement for the current airblast mobility, not getting rid of it completely.

xNuminousx

I would also like to add that airblast, and catapult because they are similar, cannot be compared to other mobility moves because of how much range they actually have. Firejet does not go that far or that fast (by default) and you must use a combo to go further, which still isn't has far or high as airblast. Swimming fast cannot compare to to airblast simply because you need a BODY of water. You could use a river but it is pretty pointless because if it's just a shallow river you are basically stuck. You don't have many options. Airblast, and catapult, exceed other mobility moves and this is what gives airbenders such an advantage. It is not realilstic or balanced for an airbender to shoot them selves 100+ blocks in the air with no cooldown or restriction. It is incredibly unbalanced for air to be able to shoot themselves so far with NO limit while others are so disabled. Yea they are air and they are supposed to be a mobile element. But, that is to an extent. With the current airblast, being an airbender is way easier than it should be. This thread has opened my eyes to how easy it is to be an airbender just simply with the airblast move.

IN ADDITION
I would like to say that Air Jump or Air Launch or what ever you wanna call it, would be a great alternative to airblast. It's realistic, canon and NOT over powered. Of course, the over powered-ness depends on how the server owner or developer defines it in the configuration.

Last edited:
Don't remember exact reason for why they don't want it, but I assume that it would equivalent to the "dislike" rating, with the same reason as why that too doesn't exist.

Ironraptor3

If only you'd read the suggestion. This is a replacement for the current airblast mobility, not getting rid of it completely.
But I did... I'm saying the point of airblast is mobility... And that getting rid of that aspect of it is equivalent to removing it entirely, if only you'd read my response. You really think that I would say that left click airblast was pivotal to airbending?

Green

But I did... I'm saying the point of airblast is mobility... And that getting rid of that aspect of it is equivalent to removing it entirely, if only you'd read my response. You really think that I would say that left click airblast was pivotal to airbending?
Look at catapult it can be used as mobility, besides it was never show them launching like that all the time or they would get places a lot faster..... Use airscooter and use this to dodge and get high places.

xNuminousx

Airbreath, AirJump and Airscooter are amazing alternatives to Airblast. They are quick to use in combat and can discombobulate your opponent just the same as Airblast. With a pinch of balanced combat thrown in.

Sorin

Airblast has more uses to it than just mobility. You can use it to throw people into walls, you can use it to push people away to give your self some space. If you really only use AirBlast for mobility, you must be one of the airbenders that constantly run, Sorry, not sorry. The fact that so many people need it for mobility WHEN there are two other forms of mobility(More than that if you want to count Addons that most servers have) is honestly sad.
Also hold shift for 3 seconds and let go to be launched 15 blocks, if you are not looking at an angle more than 70 degrees then you will be launched straight up. Then you can tap shift in any direction while in the air to be launched 3 blocks. This will have a 10 second cooldown.

THIS DOES MEAN THE SHIFT FOR AIRBLAST AND AIRSUCTION WILL BE DELETED BECAUSE IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!
^ This here bub, is a balanced version of the AirBlast launch function. The only possible reason you could be against this is because you wont be able to adapt your fighting style, and that my friend, is un-skillful. If this suggestion really cripples you as an airbender, you should look for a new element, because airbending is not for you.

xNuminousx

I personally think the shift for airblast and airsuction should be removed. Then an airbender will have to rely on Airscooter, Airbreath and airspout as modes of transportation just like EVERY airbender in the series. I never saw airbenders blasting everywhere when they didn't want to walk in the series to be honest.

Airblast should have never been created as a form of mobility. It is very unrealistc and gives too much of an advantage in PvP. Yes, I love my dear airblast, but I don't think using it as a mobility move is logically correct.

Last edited:

Green

I personally think the shift for airblast and airsuction should be removed. Then an airbender will have to rely on Airscooter, Airbreath and airspout as modes of transportation just like EVERY airbender in the series. I never saw airbenders blasting everywhere they didn't want to walk in the series to be honest.

Airblast should have never been created as a form of mobility. It is very unrealistc and gives too much of an advantage in PvP. Yes, I love my dear airblast, but I don't think using it as a mobility move is logically correct.
YES THANK YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.