• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

AirDodge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green

Verified Member
The shift function is a lot more useful than you actually think. Things like changing direction midair with Airblast and transitioning between Airscooter and Airblast, it really isn't weird at all.
Oh god, another one........

Please dude read my actual post you can changed direction slightly mid air with this new move..... Besides the shift function doesn't make sense and couldn't have been preformed in the avatar world.

chazpants

Verified Member
Oh god, another one........

Please dude read my actual post you can changed direction slightly mid air with this new move..... Besides the shift function doesn't make sense and couldn't have been preformed in the avatar world.
I don't see how it doesn't make sense. You do realise whilst things are kept cannon, they are not exactly identical to the show. That's actually making it harder to fight because then it takes less skill to change direction midair which not everyone can actually do. It's a very useful utility move and a lot of people would prefer it doesn't just get changed or removed.

chazpants

Verified Member
And really, if you get so upset about people being able to launch themselves with Airblast then why not add a config option to disable launching the player? Much like water flow has the option to stop the player riding it.

Machi

Verified Member
The shift function is also faulty in combat. It's not just midair redirection, it's used to fly infinitely.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I'll think about it :p
But if it's gonna be added to core, i'd rather not make it an addon, ya know?
Sooner the better. If not mistaken, some abilities before they were even introduce into the plugin as official abilities and the combo system they were just custom downloadable stuff from this site.
The shift function is a lot more useful than you actually think. Things like changing direction midair with Airblast and transitioning between Airscooter and Airblast, it really isn't weird at all.
I don't really show how replacing it with airdodge would change much of how airbenders act, except it would be different with Green's suggested knockback value and that an airbender wouldn't be able to push stuff from different angles. How I see it, to me Airbenders always pushed stuff directly from their hands/staff, in a direction they were facing. If they wanted propelled themselves, they used their feet with hands or alon to spring from place to place. Sourcing is indeed weird and to me not that kind of possible ability that airbender's would be able to pull it off.

To my conclusion:
  • Airbenders can only push and pull stuff that are directly facing them (/their direction to be precise)
  • Airbenders bounce off from the ground or vertical surface using their feet, again that was directly facing them.\
  • As said, they can't push/pull stuff from a different angle. (you can proof me wrong with shown evidence)

Green

Verified Member
If you want to push something from a different angle, then get in position to push it at that angle..... Imagin that this sourcing was actually possible, don't you think that it would have been use in a couple situations? But it is impossible to do so it should not even be a config sorry...

Ironraptor3

Verified Member
I think those against airblast remaining the same are missing some sort of integral point.

Airblast is by far, hands down, the most important move for air. I would rather see airswipe and all the combos removed before airblast was taken away.

Air, being based around mobility and not being able to outdamage other elements, make itself armor, or manipulate solid objects around it, would be absolutely worthless without a move that allows it to, essentially, move fast. It was balanced before the addition of random left click damage moves, as if an airbender used it to run, the opponent would be the one to regen first.

To those saying they airbend regularly, and do not feel airblast is important, quit lying.

Also, you are dissing the entirety of the shift part of airblast/airsuction, while praising left click... The only people who spam left click those two are noobs that either do not know they do not deal damage, or trying to rack up kinetic damage. The shift aspect of the two moves allows one to control explicit directions that opponents are launched in, enabling someone to launch an opponent into the air, or to the side, thus avoiding any linear attacks fired off by the opponent. As a recap, the shift version is integral in manipulating the environment, your opponents, and yourself, and most other moves are simply there as a "mix up" (only use on occasion to throw the aim or strategy of the opponent) or as a supplement to this manipulative ability.

Though I do not think air is without faults, every element has a specific aspect to it that can be defined as "op", especially the capacity to run away. Removing this from air while not even attempting to make an argument for the other elements, would simply make air not viable, and completely unused, just as it once was.

Most of these comments just sound whiny and against the use of air in general, not as an attempt to make the bending more "cannon". Not even official avatar games are completely cannon to the show, as balance-based additions must be made on top of the cannon aspects. If games were only based on what is cannon, they would be severely broken.

Seriously though, where are the arguements against other non cannon moves? Most of chi? No earth fall damage? No ice fall damage? Using surge to launch oneself? Every firebender having combustion? Most fire moves in the game only being able to be used during sozin's comet?

And if running was a problem, removing airblast would just make people spam scooter more. If thats what happens, then im sure you will argue to remove that as well, etc etc, until air only has airswipe and a bunch of left click damage moves left.

Consider this before you all say the same things for 6 pages on a forum. Regardless of whether a move is "cannon", if it integral to the balance of the game, whether it is cannon becomes trivial. Additionally, the reasons other than it being cannon are not really thought out. Kthxbai.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
  1. Again, airblast isn't getting a complete removal. All we suggest is remove airblast sneak feature and replace with the one that is said in the original post.
  2. Chi abilities are canon.
  3. Earthbenders with catapult would get r.i.p.
  4. Airscooter spam doesn't sound like a bad idea in my theory.
  5. The plugin is trying to make abilities canon AND well balanced. Far fetch isn't an option for us

Kiam

Verified Member
it is definitely canon for air benders to be able to launch themselves into the air.
When have you seen an Airbender launch themselves the equivalent of 300 feet into the air? The most we've seen air benders do in terms of launching themselves is 15-20 feet using strong blasts of air from their feet.

Green

Verified Member
When have you seen an Airbender launch themselves the equivalent of 300 feet into the air? The most we've seen air benders do in terms of launching themselves is 15-20 feet using strong blasts of air from their feet.
Thank you, thank you, thank you @Kiam !!! Finally someone else besides me and @Meskenas-Chi_Blockeris actually see's my point.

Airblast's mechanic does not make sense, and it is to OP. This new airblast technique will revolutionize air bending combat, instead of shifting at the ground and going on the source and jumping and clicking you simply shift in the direction you want to go!!! I could find this very useful in a series of ways.

Please look at this from a realistic perpective it's not that airblast launch now is not cannon, it's that it's mechanic would be impossible in the avatar world......

Last edited:

Green

Verified Member
Also hold shift for 3 seconds and let go to be launched 15 blocks, if you are not looking at an angle more than 70 degrees then you will be launched straight up.
I edited this part, if you need more explanation I will be glad to explain it more.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Does it act like catapult? I seen people doing that and it made no god damn sense. While I'm no airbender, I find this a good argument. If this is a real thing how you said it, that definitely needs to have a removal.

Last edited:

Ironraptor3

Verified Member
Thank you, thank you, thank you @Kiam !!! Finally someone else besides me and @Meskenas-Chi_Blockeris actually see's my point.

Airblast's mechanic does not make sense, and it is to OP. This new airblast technique will revolutionize air bending combat, instead of shifting at the ground and going on the source and jumping and clicking you simply shift in the direction you want to go!!! I could find this very useful in a series of ways.

Please look at this from a realistic perpective it's not that airblast launch now is not cannon, it's that it's mechanic would be impossible in the avatar world......
Inb4 you ignore the whole segment of my argument where I state that balance is more important than whether a move was cannon or not.

Plus... you know... the main bulk of the moves in pk still rely on the stock moves, which were balanced for each element specifically at the creation of the plugin. The elements, for this reason, were balanced against one another in some ways, and without significantly changing the entirety of the set of moves that currently exist due to the combat meta, you cannot remove an integral stock ability's main purpose.

Also, if you really have a problem with people using it to go straight up, you must realize that this leaves an airbender wide open without airblasting themselves in midair, which requires their focus to be on timing, and can be predicted if done more than once. If they spam airblast in midair, they might as well be running, therefore allowing you to keep attacking while simultaneously regenerating your hp.

If the ability to run was op, remove firewall, water passives, and earth passives.

Also, you keep saying that it should be changed not because of an imbalance, but because you feel that your ideas will "revolutionize bending". As numerous owners have posted already, it doesnt work.

Finally, another point of the argument you are developing is that this verison will incur simpler mechanics. Although this is true... the whole sourcing of airblast/suction, which I explained before, allows for it to be utilized in a myriad of different combat applications. tapping shift and then jump clicking isn't much work at all, and if you feel that it is sooo terrible, that you wish for a move to lose its ability as an omnitool as sorts, you do not have the experience in gameplay to suggest a change in the overall meta.

Thanks for reading my long winded counterargument~

Green

Verified Member
If the ability to run was op, remove firewall, water passives, and earth passives.

Also, you keep saying that it should be changed not because of an imbalance, but because you feel that your ideas will "revolutionize bending". As numerous owners have posted already, it doesnt work.
I said multiple times that airblast is OP, which means it is over powered compared to the other elements, if you didn't know.......

You do notice that there is no point of having airblast because all people do who use it is run away, and they can get way to far way to fast, which is WAYYY over powered. If you want to dodge this ability would be 1000% better because A) it's faster And B) it makes fights with air an actual fight instead of them litterally running way away in a couple seconds.......

And I said you can have an angle on the launch just like catapult, and like it there is a certain limit to what angle you can launch. It's just if that angle is less than 70 degrees then you go straight up...... This is useful for getting to high ground, but not overpowered because there is an angle limit.

Don't you see the A) Airblast's mechanic is wierd an not possible and B) It's way to OP

THIS IS THE PERFECT MOVE FOR QUICKLY DODGING INCOMING ATTACKS AND THEN STRIKING BACK LIKE AIR IS SUPPOSED TO DO!!!

Sorin

Verified Member
I said multiple times that airblast is OP, which means it is over powered compared to the other elements, if you didn't know.......

You do notice that there is no point of having airblast because all people do who use it is run away, and they can get way to far way to fast, which is WAYYY over powered. If you want to dodge this ability would be 1000% better because A) it's faster And B) it makes fights with air an actual fight instead of them litterally running way away in a couple seconds.......

And I said you can have an angle on the launch just like catapult, and like it there is a certain limit to what angle you can launch. It's just if that angle is less than 70 degrees then you go straight up...... This is useful for getting to high ground, but not overpowered because there is an angle limit.

Don't you see the A) Airblast's mechanic is wierd an not possible and B) It's way to OP

THIS IS THE PERFECT MOVE FOR QUICKLY DODGING INCOMING ATTACKS AND THEN STRIKING BACK LIKE AIR IS SUPPOSED TO DO!!!
I couldn't have said it better my self. The way air can run forever is plain stupid, *Don't even call me bias, I play air as much as I do water*. This change will make balancing airbending less of a challenge, as well as it opens some ways for more damage buffing. If you are really against this idea, please, actually look at the suggestion, and try to comprehend it, because if you can, you'll see that this a re-balance, not a nerf. And for everyone flipping out thinking that airblast would be useless without this, please, just stop, you know it has way more uses than just running.

xNuminousx

Verified Member
I don't even see why there is a debate over this. The AirBlast isn't realistic at all, not to mention it is not canon. So what is the issue? An airbender has never displayed a hint of abilitiy to create a blast beneath them other than an airjump which comes from their feet rather than their hands like the ability known as "Air Blast" Airbenders are the biggest trolls because of Airblast. The only way to catch one is to be an airbender as well or Avatar. This should really be changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.