• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Airbending Ability - Strafe

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Ability: Strafe
Class: Air
Subclass: None
Type: Mobility
Cost: 10 Chi
Charges: 2
Cooldown: 10 seconds
Description: Tap left-click to launch the user three (3) blocks to the left. Tap right-click to launch the player three (3) blocks to the right. Tap left and right click together to launch the player three (3) blocks backwards. Can be used in the air.

Philosophy: An ability for quickly dodging enemy attacks or environmental hazards. Two charges give airbenders great mobility, while still punishing them if it is wasted with the long 10 second cooldown per charge and short distance. This can lead players to either save their charges and play it safe, or be more risky and expend them. The lack of a forward dodge is to keep in line with the Airbender theme of passivity, circling around your opponent, dodging and weaving, rather than being hyper aggressive similar to a fire bender.

JettMC

Seems nice for air. When I first saw the name I though it was an offensive ability, which AirBending doesn't really need.
I really like this idea!

OJettO

Description: Tap left-click to launch the user three (3) blocks to the left. Tap right-click to launch the player three (3) blocks to the right. Tap left and right click together to launch the player three (3) blocks backwards. Can be used in the air.
I don't like abilities that has your body move through punching/hand keys. Doesn't feel natural imo. The Player might react slowly than oppose to just tapping or holding spacebar then A & S -ing to the respective side.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
I don't like abilities that has your body move through punching/hand keys. Doesn't feel natural imo. The Player might react slowly than oppose to just tapping or holding spacebar then A & S -ing to the respective side.
Space bar makes you jump so I didn't want to use that, and I dislike using A or S as it could lead to unintentional usage. I think just left or right clicking is simple enough once you get the hang of it and leads to greater outplay potential since you can be walking in one direction, then immediately dodge in the opposite.

If somebody is pressing A and D, obviously their intent to move to their respective defined direction. This is a basically a jump, so why spacebard wouldn't be used. Of course, the player would have to press space bar twice so that it doesn't conflict with a normal non-airbent jump. So, the execution would be: spacebar 2x + [W/A/S/D].

Oh wait, this isn't lunging player upward. My bad..

Gamzee

God Tier Member
If somebody is pressing A and D, obviously their intent to move to their respective defined direction. This is a basically a jump, so why spacebard wouldn't be used. Of course, the player would have to press space bar twice so that it doesn't conflict with a normal non-airbent jump. So, the execution would be: spacebar 2x + [W/A/S/D].

Oh wait, this isn't lunging player upward. My bad..
In my example however, you could be sprinting forward, while using this ability to dodge side to side without breaking pace.

Sobki

Staff member
Lead Developer
Plugin Developer
Yup! Its been a few years though, haha. I found the files to my old server though, so stay on the lookout for something new very soon! ;)
Holy crap that's awesome lol, I was never really religiously following PK back when you posted them but I found your channel later on and enjoyed checking out a few videos haha, would be sweet to see those back :p