• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

AcrobatStance feature - Swimming

Status
Not open for further replies.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
I think that it's great! Giving chi a little bit more support. I also understand how it might not be realistic due to the pressure of the water makes it hard to chiblock accurately. But for the sake of the gameplay, I'm in!

HydroMan

Verified Member
I think that it's great! Giving chi a little bit more support. I also understand how it might not be realistic due to the pressure of the water makes it hard to chiblock accurately. But for the sake of the gameplay, I'm in!
Well, I didn't meant to actually attack underwater, so disregard what I said :p. But it should be logicial for them to have some skills over water, as they primary training is to enhaņced their physical body, which I think swimming should be included as one of all.

PoopMasterPT

Verified Member
I can't understand how would chi blockers be able to do this... It's water. There are particles. How can a chi blocker swim faster. Only if he is a good swimmer. But idk anymore. Things just get weirder every time I come here...

PoopMasterPT

Verified Member
and by the way. If they did this, they would get tired right? I'm in with this move, but only if you add some slowness after. Like idk maybe 5, 8 or 10 seconds?

HydroMan

Verified Member
I can't understand how would chi blockers be able to do this... It's water. There are particles. How can a chi blocker swim faster. Only if he is a good swimmer. But idk anymore. Things just get weirder every time I come here...
If you re-read my post, you'll understand why, but I'm gonna tell you anyway: they are atletic. If they train themselves to run fast, shouldn't they done the same with swimming? In my personal opinion, learning the art of chi blocking for fighting/sparring purposes, they would obviously need to be prepared for every condition, which includes not only land.

HydroMan

Verified Member
and by the way. If they did this, they would get tired right? I'm in with this move, but only if you add some slowness after. Like idk maybe 5, 8 or 10 seconds?
It's minecraft - there is no energy concept. Acrobatstance has a duration thing so once it ends, along with swimming, it will deactive.

PoopMasterPT

Verified Member
It's minecraft - there is no energy concept. Acrobatstance has a duration thing so once it ends, along with swimming, it will deactive.
Yeah but until that happens, we would already be dead. Normaly the water is the only safe place from the chi blockers. If you take that. Where can we go when we want to heal? Even the skies aren't safe anymore... But meh.
What do you think @Taiko the Waterbender ???

PoopMasterPT

Verified Member
And btw I didn't say anything about energy. I only said that a swimer, eventualy will get tired. So, in that case, if you start swift swiming, first of all, it shouln't be as fast as the waterbenders and after the time's over or when you stop swiftswiming or even when you get out of water, you should get slowness, because after swimming, you can get tired and you are not as powerul or quick as you were if you hadn't do it. If slowness isn't added to this thing, chi blockers would ger really op and that would be bad. They don't take any fall damage. They can get invisible, they can dash to the skies (idk how) they can almosy one shot you if they use rapid punch and paralyze or other skills. That's my thoughts tho...

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Yeah but until that happens, we would already be dead. Normaly the water is the only safe place from the chi blockers. If you take that. Where can we go when we want to heal? Even the skies aren't safe anymore... But meh.
What do you think @Taiko the Waterbender ???
That would be a great debuff... Once they get close enough to a waterbender in a lake, per example, once the chi-blocker uses another ability, let's say, RapidPunch, he would have slowness. That would still make it possible for chi-blockers to fight water campers and waterbenders to not be 1 hit killed (by Paralyzing them, them using a vast aresnal of clicking abilities).

HydroMan

Verified Member
And btw I didn't say anything about energy. I only said that a swimer, eventualy will get tired. So, in that case, if you start swift swiming, first of all, it shouln't be as fast as the waterbenders and after the time's over or when you stop swiftswiming or even when you get out of water, you should get slowness, because after swimming, you can get tired and you are not as powerul or quick as you were if you hadn't do it. If slowness isn't added to this thing, chi blockers would ger really op and that would be bad. They don't take any fall damage. They can get invisible, they can dash to the skies (idk how) they can almosy one shot you if they use rapid punch and paralyze or other skills. That's my thoughts tho...
I know you didn't, just saying it is pointless to have get them tiredness system (which I would give approate name to it "energy" to, than calling it "tireness"), when it is not in the game. Not to mention, the tiredness would need to be implant to everyone that swim(in minecraft term) in water, and it shouldn't belong to bending plugin since it isnt relative to the series. I had said in my post that they will be slower than waterbenders, which you can read it, and if you havent i suggest doing it. They do take fall damage, but it takes them too high for them to get it. Don't know what are saying abouth them dashing to sky, unless they are using freerunning to climb up the wall, but that goes to disregardment as it isn't official pk job to fix it. Get invisible? How?

HydroMan

Verified Member
That would be a great debuff... Once they get close enough to a waterbender in a lake, per example, once the chi-blocker uses another ability, let's say, RapidPunch, he would have slowness. That would still make it possible for chi-blockers to fight water campers and waterbenders to not be 1 hit killed (by Paralyzing them, them using a vast aresnal of clicking abilities).
Slowness isnt the best solution, because it has no logic what so ever. Making RapidPunch deal less damage and Paralyze to make it impossible underwater, due to known phenomenon called Archimedes principle.

Green

Verified Member
I have been kind of playing chi lately and I have noticed this issue of water campers and chi blockers having a horrible fight, because the chi blocker won't go in, because they would be dead or the water bender not coming out of the water because they would die. I think this is the perfect solution to this problem.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Looks legit... I'm not kidding. I doubt well fit trainers are generally bad swimmers. We can jump, run, dodge, bounce around, and but slow in water? That's ridiculous! Like HydroMan said: It's dumb! Chi Blockers should have acknowledge every conditions that they might happen to end upp, even when they aren't expecting it. Being forced into water is one of them.

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Going from a canon perspective modern chi blockers actually have electric sticks so falling into water would be a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.