• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Important A note about inactive forum accounts

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Hi everyone! Wanted to roll out a couple of changes to the forum I’m making today to help in our fight against spammers. If you’ve been on the forum recently you may have noticed a lot of spam being cleaned up. I’ve upped our systems / changed Captcha settings as is recommended to do every so often as bots get smarter to figure these things out. In addition to that, I’ve made the decision to batch delete a lot of users that meet the following criteria:

• Account created more than 6 months ago; AND
  • Has not signed on to the forum within the last 365 days; AND
  • Has 0 posts; AND
  • Has liked 0 posts; AND
  • Has a reaction score of 0; AND
  • Has not downloaded a resources; AND
  • Has not been banned (essentially keeping banned users/spam accounts/IP addresses banned)
The objective here is to purge inactive accounts to clear up space. We’ve found that a lot of the spam coming in comes from accounts registered a while ago when criteria was less strict. Our hope is that spam will be reduced (never fully eliminated, of course) by getting rid of inactive accounts.

Another request I get a lot in DM’s is requests to change usernames to match Minecraft usernames. I’m currently exploring ways to make this possible to reduce the need to register unnecessary accounts on the forum. As of the time this was posted, this is set to impact 10,279 inactive accounts on the ProjectKorra forum.

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Great work. Would love a new theme / updates too!
Stay tuned... cleaning up the forum has been a little pet project of mine over the last week or so while I've had a little bit of downtime.

Revival of the forums? Yes please.
I'm trying! Discord is fantastic, but I tend to sit on the forum more and hated seeing it overrun. While we probably wont be 100% without spam I'm hoping it at least looks a bit cleaner. I deleted no less than 8000 spam threads yesterday oops.

Loony

Stay tuned... cleaning up the forum has been a little pet project of mine over the last week or so while I've had a little bit of downtime.

I'm trying! Discord is fantastic, but I tend to sit on the forum more and hated seeing it overrun. While we probably wont be 100% without spam I'm hoping it at least looks a bit cleaner. I deleted no less than 8000 spam threads yesterday oops.
Looking forward to it!

With Discord being the number 1 for gaming communities it has rendered a lot of forums useless in my opinion (not just this one) so websites have mainly become a place to get information/downloads / post updates rather than discussion.Would like the website to represent that a little more with new updates page, different download page for PK downloads / plugins etc.

Agreed to Loony. During the infestation of bots, staff have shifted their focus over the Discord Server and no longer really contributed to threads that were about technical issues needing guidance. That PR has now moved over to discord, so it be best to just keep the site as a place for Downloadable Resource and Annoucements pertaining to the whole PK project things. While I kinda wish suggestions were keep only in the forum for discussing, I don't see much of Staff devoting their attention here when most of time they vibing in the discord server. Besides, bots start coming again to due to neglect.