• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

1.9 is out, what now?

runefist

Yup, that's correct. However that means there will only be less lag client side (fps on your minecraft), since the server is still sending the same amount of information (I think).

Correct me if I'm wrong someone but I'm pretty sure it's like that.
Since it is not sending entity data anymore but only 1 single line of data, it is less usage for the server.
The client itself needs to visualize the particles and show them ANYWHERE on the screen, but within the borders given by the server.
Before 1.9 the server send for every single particle the location.

I hope that clarified it a bit :)

jedk1

Since it is not sending entity data anymore but only 1 single line of data, it is less usage for the server.
The client itself needs to visualize the particles and show them ANYWHERE on the screen, but within the borders given by the server.
Before 1.9 the server send for every single particle the location.

I hope that clarified it a bit :)
Yeah totally optimised... Especially when lots of people on low end pcs are crashing when trying to join a game with mc, unless they increase the ram they dedicate to MC. "great" optimization there.

jedk1

Yeah totally optimised... Especially when lots of people on low end pcs are crashing when trying to join a game with mc, unless they increase the ram they dedicate to MC. "great" optimization there.
@runefist how can you disagree with my post, when i have had to actually help people increase their ram in order for their game not to crash as soon as they load single player OR multiplayer? Your logic doesnt make sense here...?

Matt

It's actually kind of sad to see how little 1.9 brought us as far as API and development features. And in the time it took for them to release it aswell!

StrangeOne101

Staff member
Plugin Developer
One thing I did find out today with 1.9: Hay bales now reduce fall damage by 80%. To put that in perspective, it's possible to fall 100 blocks with no armor (on full health) and still survive with 1/2 a heart. Pretty interesting xD

The other thing is loot tables. Map makers can now make legitimate RPG maps that make mobs drop their own form of currency xD

Pretty neat, if you ask me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I feel like we need new sounds, specially for Airbending. The Elytra sounds could be used instead of the creeper ones, once 1.9.1 is out. (I was thinking in using squid sounds for waterbending, but would it sound well?)
To me, this update was great! I mean, yeah, no new biomes, no new redstone stuff, but a dimension got expanded! The player can fly now! Walk on water! All brewing as been changed. Squids have sounds. Squids. Idk, but I liked it.
I never new that squads got a new sound.

Hm, maybe they can do something with the glowing effect, maybe a move that tags the player? or maybe a move that when the enemy is damaged, they get tagged and I dont really think elytra can benefit bending.

I feel like we need new sounds, specially for Airbending. The Elytra sounds could be used instead of the creeper ones, once 1.9.1 is out. (I was thinking in using squid sounds for waterbending, but would it sound well?)
To me, this update was great! I mean, yeah, no new biomes, no new redstone stuff, but a dimension got expanded! The player can fly now! Walk on water! All brewing as been changed. Squids have sounds. Squids. Idk, but I liked it.
They should really change the sounds to that, or wait I think we have the option to change the sounds by our own :s

Matt

Hm, maybe they can do something with the glowing effect, maybe a move that tags the player? or maybe a move that when the enemy is damaged, they get tagged and I dont really think elytra can benefit bending.
Sadly we have absolutely no way to check if the Elytra is in use, so nothing can be done with it at this moment

Incomp

Sadly we have absolutely no way to check if the Elytra is in use, so nothing can be done with it at this moment
First post! :D
I just saw this post and decided to make an account just to tell you how you can check if a Player is using an Elytra. Because why not?

Anyway, get the EntityPlayer of said Player with these steps:
  • Get the Player's CraftPlayer instance by casting it, so CraftPlayer craftPlayer = (CraftPlayer) player;
  • Get the EntityPlayer instance of the CraftPlayer, so EntityPlayer entityPlayer = craftPlayer.getHandle();
  • Get a boolean by calling entityPlayer.cB(). This boolean tells you whether or not that player is actively using an Elytra.
Needless to say, this uses NMS, so play it smart. It's tested. Obfuscation sucks, doesn't it?

Last edited:

jedk1

First post! :D
I just saw this post and decided to make an account just to tell you how you can check if a Player is using an Elytra. Because why not?

Anyway, get the EntityPlayer of said Player with these steps:
  • Get the Player's CraftPlayer instance by casting it, so CraftPlayer craftPlayer = (CraftPlayer) player;
  • Get the EntityPlayer instance of the CraftPlayer, so EntityPlayer entityPlayer = craftPlayer.getHandle();
  • Get a boolean by calling entityPlayer.cB(). This boolean tells you whether or not that player is actively using an Elytra.
Needless to say, this uses NMS, so play it smart. It's tested. Obfuscation sucks, doesn't it?
We try not to use any nms in project korra, with the exception of the particle library.

Incomp

We try not to use any nms in project korra, with the exception of the particle library.
Looks like you'll have to add another exception or wait until Spigot adds a method into its API to check for that.

(assuming that you really want to add something that relies on whether or not a player is using the Elytra—this exception is totally superfluous if you wonderful folks haven't already decided on that!)

Last edited:

Nin01

This definitely can be a game changer. Especially since the pvp nerf will make benders/blockers resort to more bending instead of sword fight.

Incomp

Double post all the way.

Spigot has added a method to check for whether or not a Player is flying. Surprisingly enough, that method is Player.isGliding(). You can also use Player.setGliding(boolean) to directly modify the gliding state, but if you set a player to glide and they don't have an elytra on, the server will immediately stop them from gliding, but you can stop it from doing that.

Could make for some pretty cool stuff. If you don't know what I'm getting at, I'll give one more hint, but this one's the most vague of them all.

Double post all the way.

Spigot has added a method to check for whether or not a Player is flying. Surprisingly enough, that method is Player.isGliding(). You can also use Player.setGliding(boolean) to directly modify the gliding state, but if you set a player to glide and they don't have an elytra on, the server will immediately stop them from gliding, but you can stop it from doing that.

Could make for some pretty cool stuff. If you don't know what I'm getting at, I'll give one more hint, but this one's the most vague of them all.
I already made a model for the gliderIMG-20160318-WA0010.jpg

runefist

@runefist how can you disagree with my post, when i have had to actually help people increase their ram in order for their game not to crash as soon as they load single player OR multiplayer? Your logic doesnt make sense here...?
Since I was talking about server usage and yet you whine about 1 wrong usage of java. (Like I've said, maybe do research before flaming) But well knowing you didn't even know
Double post all the way.

The setGliding(boolean) didn't exist tells me enough, but well get your fanclub again to support you :)