• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Water Dome 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

I don't want to necro the first water dome. Water Dome 2.0 failed because (reasons?). So here's water dome 3.0.

Water dome: A master waterbender can collect water from the rain, forming a dome which can be used for both offense and defense. Katara used this to frighten Yon Rha.[19] -http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Waterbending

What is it?
Water Dome is a defensive technique that allows the user to create a bubble around him or her and others close. It will be an add-on to Water Bubble.

What does it do?
Water will come and form a dome around you, essentially acting as a shield all around you. If you use Water Dome in the air, it will form a complete sphere.

How do you use it?
Left click a water source and holding shift using Water Bubble. While holding shift, you can left click again to freeze the dome, making it an Ice Dome. To unfreeze, left click again while holding shift.

Why would you use it?
Same reason why an earthbender would use Earth Grab on itself or an airbender would use its shield, to have complete protection around you-against player(s) or mob(s).

How is it not OP?
It has the same weakness as a normal water shield does; entities can still pass through it if they wish. Lightning will be extremely dangerous and you cannot attack while you are holding the dome. Ice Dome will be slightly different from the standard Ice Shield as attacks can cause it to shatter and break. Holes will not repair itself unless it unfreezes and has time to repair itself.

Notes:
The dome should form quickly but not instantly. I do not see a problem with fixing holes from using the ice dome by unfreezing it and letting it repair itself but that can change. Because it is a complete sphere in the air, if it's possible it would be nice to have it fill any space with water so when the ground is not flat, it won't look like a floating semi-sphere. If necessary, you can make it so you cannot move the ice dome.

Hero

IceBullet, HELLO???!

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt
Do people still use that move? Anyways that's an easy fix.

Because you cannot move while using ice dome, while holding shift, switch over to ice bullet and start rapid clicking.

Do people still use that move? Anyways that's an easy fix.

Because you cannot move while using ice dome, while holding shift, switch over to ice bullet and start rapid clicking.
I use it on my server. Increase the duration of it and it's good to use.

Thought why not make this carrying feature an extention to IceBullet. This would make it less of a redudant slot waster, and according to you, icebullet uselessness would be remedied.

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

Last edited:

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
While this might sound like a different move than what we normally see, I don't see the difference between this and surge's ice shield, except for the fact that Water Dome covers up ALL possible angles of attack, making it more unbalanced and slightly unfair to everyone trying to attack you.

And as Mesk said there is very little difference between this and IceBullet.

Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.