• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Torrent Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green

Move: Torrent
Element: Water

What it does:
Adds on a new feature to torrent which when you shift on a water source a 4 block long "stream" of water will come out of the water a block and rush very fast in the direction clicked. Since this shoots much faster than the regular torrent it will do less damage.

It will not be redirectable and will be able to be frozen when left clicked, this will only freeze the 4 blocks of water shot.

2016-05-02_18.16.39.png 2016-05-02_18.18.36.png 2016-05-02_18.20.20.png

Last edited:
For the replacement - circling torrent left click option would have to be removed. There isn't any good reason to have 2 alternative ways to launch away the same projectile which inflicts same damage and affect.

I still can't imagine who would want a different torrent version ability, that has a minus of not dealing bigger damage (what waterbender would really want that??) and that can be redirectable (and who want their attack to be sent back against themselves). I don't get how this would become benefical technique to the user, than the current torrent's projectile technique.

Green

I still can't imagine who would want a different torrent version ability, that has a minus of not dealing bigger damage (what waterbender would really want that??) and that can be redirectable (and who want their attack to be sent back against themselves). I don't get how this would become benefical technique to the user, than the current torrent's projectile technique.
Um you obviously have never played with water against an airbender because you have no time at all to wait for torrent to circle around you. And they will just see you making the torrent so they can easily dodge it. I have had this problem many times, it is that torrent takes to long to be used in a fast paced fight.

It takes 1, or half if not a second to circle it. If that still troubles you despite what I said, than use another damaging move that doesn't require it. Airbenders aren't the only people who can dodge torrent fairly easy. Just look what firebenders do when they have avoid an attack - they just FireJet. And there is Catapult for Earthbenders.

If you find a certain limitation in a specific ability, there is no need to make a copy of it in as a second technique for the same ability, but rather change that one into your own likings. Otherwise, it would be just a waste of time making it, which wouldn't bring anything interesting new to the waterbender's arsenal.

Charge abilities have one notable cons that makes it powerfull, but fair - it takes time to use its deadly blow. For instance, like bows, you can easily people that aren't aware of being hit by one. If we just made torrent

This is too close to WaterManipulating. On second thought, this is close to WaterArms spear. Why not use that? This technique is combination of both of these abilities, so I find it still un-necessary.

Last edited:

Hero

I actually like this alot. The reason behind it was "Eh" but the idea is great. I don't really see the problem here. You could either left click and shift to aim with Torrent or shift and left click to shoot it from the water. The only thing I thing it would change is if you cannot redirect it so it can be alittle faster.

Loony

For the replacement - circling torrent left click option would have to be removed. There isn't any good reason to have 2 alternative ways to launch away the same projectile which inflicts same damage and affect.
I agree, there isn't a reason to have two ways to do the same thing, that's why I'm denying this suggestion because the way Torrent works now is better and works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.