• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Waterbending Ability- Steam Shroud

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Maybe it should also give them burndamage since steam is extremly hot (try holding your hand for a länger periodof time over a cooking pot).
Burning damage? No. Waterbenders can't control the temperature of their water. (or in this case steam) They can't make this steam extremely hot, hot enough to leave a burn on someone, and I doubt that the steam they produce is hot enough to burn someone.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Lets just hope it's not laggy
And lets make sure people can disabled them, via in the options menu with optifine install. The Only particles I know of are the default airbending ones that aren't turn offable, but adding those to steambending won't differ from airbending. '_'

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Burning damage? No. Waterbenders can't control the temperature of their water. (or in this case steam) They can't make this steam extremely hot, hot enough to leave a burn on someone, and I doubt that the steam they produce is hot enough to burn someone.
I don't think that it is proved...

Waterbenders can alter the state of water by:
1) Manipulating the temperature of the water;
2) manipulating the pressure of the water.

We have seen waterbenders freezing water without changing its volume, so, it's pressure.
We have seen waterbenders evaporating water without boiling water.

Let the games begin.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member

We have seen waterbenders freezing water without changing its volume, so, it's pressure.

Let the games begin.
I don't know. I just don't think waterbenders can alter the temperature to the extreme point of burning someone with steam.

Picture this:
A waterbending making smoke (most likely airbending particles) and then it blinds people and burns them. This is like a water - fire - air - chi move combined in 1 :confused:

HydroMan

Verified Member
Also they don't. One of the reasons We have never seen a waterbender hitting up a liquid without the use of water (except seen for one person, which I really wanna found out that confirmtion)

SuperBower118

Verified Member

Let the games begin.
How about instead of doing an argument over this topic which has been debated in other topics, how about you show me a scene of a waterbender heating water by themselves.

Hero

Verified Member

Let the games begin.
How about instead of doing an argument over this topic which has been debated in other topics, how about you show me a scene of a waterbender heating water by themselves.
Um....
Water evaporates at 100C or 212F; that will give anyone 3rd degree burns. Im fairly sure waterbenders can control the temperature.
So we already know waterbenders can control a water temperature from 32F - 212F or 0C - 100C. Making alittle steam.

What I dont understand is why no one will ever make a steam sub-element. Just because it wasnt seen in the show, it doesnt mean it isnt possible. I even included science into this crap and no one would believe me probably because of canon reasons.

If you are denying a simple sub-element for canon reasons, go away.

Hero

Verified Member

Im not sure if you are trying to prove that steam bending isn't possible or you dont know much about phase changing.

• When water is evaporating, it means it's at/past the boiling. Water boils at 212F; that'll give anyone 3rd degree burns.
  • When water is changing its state of matter, the only thing is changing is the shape. Of course volume isn't going to change. Likes like saying if I melt ice, i'll get more water.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Im not sure if you are trying to prove that steam bending isn't possible or you dont know much about phase changing.

• When water is evaporating, it means it's at/past the boiling. Water boils at 212F; that'll give anyone 3rd degree burns.
  • When water is changing its state of matter, the only thing is changing is the shape. Of course volume isn't going to change. Likes like saying if I melt ice, i'll get more water.
I was just stating that we have seen waterbenders manipulating the state of water in two ways. I haven't said steambending wasn't possible neither I said it was a true fact waterbenders could manipulate temperature. I only used facts seen in the show to prove that waterbenders manipulating temperature in the show is very ambiguous.
This proves that they can change the state of water by manipulating its temperature, its pressure, and, probably, both at the same time.

What does this interfears with the topic in question? Simple: Steam doesn't have to be hot, it doesn't have to burn.

Remember when Katara, Tho and Due, during the invasion, created a fog cover when passing by the Gates of Azulon? No one really seemed to have got a 3rd degree burn.

HydroMan

Verified Member
And the other time Korra bended steam for the diversion and to give Mako cover while he was on attemtp to save Biolin from its bending being removed by Amon. Everyone on the set/stage weren't burning, they only got distracted and hidden by the steam.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I was just stating that we have seen waterbenders manipulating the state of water in two ways. I haven't said steambending wasn't possible neither I said it was a true fact waterbenders could manipulate temperature. I only used facts seen in the show to prove that waterbenders manipulating temperature in the show is very ambiguous.

This proves that they can change the state of water by manipulating its temperature, its pressure, and, probably, both at the same time.

What does this interfears with the topic in question? Simple: Steam doesn't have to be hot, it doesn't have to burn.

Remember when Katara, Tho and Due, during the invasion, created a fog cover when passing by the Gates of Azulon? No one really seemed to have got a 3rd degree burn.
Okay, but my point is that the steam shouldn't deal burn damage. Sorry to tell you, but that feature sounds like something the major waterbending community wants, but really isn't needed. Addon? Sure. But in the Core? No. I don't see how exactly it'd improve waterbending as a whole.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Okay, but my point is that the steam shouldn't deal burn damage. Sorry to tell you, but that feature sounds like something the major waterbending community wants, but really isn't needed. Addon? Sure. But in the Core? No. I don't see how exactly it'd improve waterbending as a whole.
I agree in saying this isn't needed, but steambending should really get some consideration in being implemented or not. Waterbenders have water, ice, plants, healing and blood. Steambending is the only sub-style to be implemented.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
(I see what did you did there.)
Agreed, burning people by using steam is totally out of question, in my opinion.
Freezing, yes, maybe. Another topic to be discussed.
The main problem I see with steambending is the particles- I think a large cloud of air particles could do, however in 1.8, particles lag some people considerably. I think the blindness effect would look strange, though that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.