• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Octopus form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
haii ppl!

I think (and many others as well) that octopus form is a bit useless. You can use it to fight mobs in the wild, but the problem I always have, is that there are skeletons. They can still get me when I am using octopus form. Here is my suggestion for a bit of an upgrade!

1. Range extending:
Now, I know it's already possible to increase the octopus form hit range, but it would be very cool if the tentacles would actually extend as well! I was on a server with a huge octopus form grab range, but it looked awful because there were no tentacles near me.

2. Grabbing:
This is more of an add-on to Octopus form. It would be cool if octopus form would allow us to grab things/players, instead of just throwing it back. For example, when an arrow is flying towards you, you could click at the arrow to grab it, and click again to throw it back! Same could go for players. You wouldn't be able to throw players up too much. You also can't change the angle of which the object/player was coming from too much.

That's it! Leave suggestions in the comments! :)

- Finn

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
haii ppl!

I think (and many others as well) that octopus form is a bit useless. You can use it to fight mobs in the wild, but the problem I always have, is that there are skeletons. They can still get me when I am using octopus form. Here is my suggestion for a bit of an upgrade!

1. Range extending:
Now, I know it's already possible to increase the octopus form hit range, but it would be very cool if the tentacles would actually extend as well! I was on a server with a huge octopus form grab range, but it looked awful because there were no tentacles near me.

2. Grabbing:
This is more of an add-on to Octopus form. It would be cool if octopus form would allow us to grab things/players, instead of just throwing it back. For example, when an arrow is flying towards you, you could click at the arrow to grab it, and click again to throw it back! Same could go for players. You wouldn't be able to throw players up too much. You also can't change the angle of which the object/player was coming from too much.

That's it! Leave suggestions in the comments! :)

- Finn
I don't think the second part is very possible, but cool none the less.

6tijn

Verified Member
This is suggested so so many times. All forgotten, even though they had a lot support.
You have my support.
Octopusform now in a fight between GOOD benders is just USELESS!!!

owlcool

Verified Member
But also retracting and grabbing something mid-air.
So, Torrent going towards something and then coming back to you like it does when you have a empty bottle. Just replace mob with entity and you grabbed a arrow out of the air.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
So, Torrent going towards something and then coming back to you like it does when you have a empty bottle. Just replace mob with entity and you grabbed a arrow out of the air.
Not so simple. The retraction would be much more complex. Since it would have to go backwards on the same tract. And if you moved would the entire arm move as well? That's seems hard to code. The thing different with torrent is that it is free: this would have to be attached to a certain point, which would cause complications when the point moved.

owlcool

Verified Member
Not so simple. The retraction would be much more complex. Since it would have to go backwards on the same tract. And if you moved would the entire arm move as well? That's seems hard to code. The thing different with torrent is that it is free: this would have to be attached to a certain point, which would cause complications when the point moved.
I thought we were talking about octopus form, xD

owlcool

Verified Member
Complications when the point moved, such as missing the arrow. Seems simple enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.