• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Chi: Free-running + Climbing

Status
Not open for further replies.

6tijn

Verified Member
Freerunning + Climbing

We have all seen how chiblockers in both TLK and TLA where able to flexibly jump and run around things. Using walls as weapon, confusing benders by changing their location the whole time., making it harder for them to hit them.

Now, I have noticed that Chis are kinda easy to hit. They have a speed boost and a higher jump, but because so many moves have redirection, evading begins to get nearly impossible. I think, this could be changed by giving Chi more mobility. I think they should be able to 'free-run'. What I mean with that is that they should be able to jump over walls, climb them, etc.

Wall Jumping:
Chis would be able to jump to a wall (with HighJump), and when they hit the wall, they could grab themselves on that wall by holding shift with HighJump. Then they could turn around and left-click with HighJump to launch themselves away from the wall.

You could only wall jump 3 times in a row.
There would be a cool down.

Double Jump:
It is what it says it is. When you jumped (Highjump) for example, you can double tap space to go 1-3 blocks higher.

Climbing:
They could also climb walls by going to the HighJump slot. They grab the wall by holding shift and can then go upwards or in any other direction on that wall. Some walls would not be climbable if made from: Ice, Snow, Sand, and other slippy, or not very solid blocks. Chis could also climb vines upwards. (the ones with no block behind it.) Some blocks would have no height limits like fences and iron bars.

There are height limits as well (configurable)
There would be a cool down, to prevent chis climbing insane heights etc.

An addition to this is when you are falling next to a wall, you can hold shift and grab the wall. You would slowly slow while grabbing the wall. (similar to the catapult addition.) It's like how Azula prevenetd ther fall by grabbing the rock when she fell at the Eastern Air Temple.

With this, they could make more confusing among the bender they're attacking. They jump around acrobaticly to confuse the bender and making it harder for him to aim better with his/her long-ranged, redirect able, wide attacks.

The HighJump cool down would also be slightly less long. I think it's very long now, so it's harder to dodge any redirect able bending attacks. This is maybe not necessary (Acrobatic Stance...)

2014-11-20_18.36.16.png 2014-11-20_18.36.30.png 2014-11-20_18.22.00.png

Lemme know what you think of it or if it needs improvement or anything. I don't want this to be OP.

Last edited:

Kwesi

Verified Member
I don't think this is OP in terms of comparison to the other elements (airblast, airspout, waterspout, catapult, firejet, etc).

I honestly thought up the same mechanics in my head for chiblocker free running, so it sounds pretty good to me. :)

Adam

Verified Member
And another well-thinked chi ability!
Chi suddenly got a suggestion surge!
It's my time to write an idea too!

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Gotta say it again: I love it! I'm a forerunner myself and it would be awesome to see it implented! But I got some suggestions to add more freerunning. One of my favorite leaps is the monkey leap. I would love to see it implented!:) Maybe when you click while above something, you can blast forward a few blocks? Or when you shift?
This is a GIF of a monkey leap:

David

Verified Member
Freerunning + Climbing

We have all seen how chiblockers in both TLK and TLA where able to flexibly jump and run around things. Using walls as weapon, confusing benders by changing their location the whole time., making it harder for them to hit them.

Now, I have noticed that Chis are kinda easy to hit. They have a speed boost and a higher jump, but because so many moves have redirection, evading begings to get nearly impossible. I think, this could be changed by giving Chi more mobility. I think they should be able to 'free-run'. What I mean with that is that they should be able to jump over walls, climb them, etc.

How would this work? Chis would be able to jump to a wall (with HighJump), and when they hit the wall, they could grab themselves on that wall by holding shift with HighJump. Then they could turn around and left-click with HighJump to launch themselves away from the wall.

You could only walljump 3 times in a row.
There would be a cooldown.

They could also climb walls by going to the HighJump slot. They grab the wall by holding shift and can then go upwards or in any other direction on that wall. Some walls would not be climbable if made from: Ice, Snow, Sand, and other slippy, or not very solid blocks.

There are height limits as well (configurable)
There would be a cool down, to prevent chis climbing insane heights etc.

With this, they could make more confusing among the bender they're attacking. They jump around acrobaticly to confuse the bender and making it harder for him to aim better with his/her long-ranged, redirect able, wide attacks.

The HighJump cool down would also be slightly less long. I think it's very long now, so it's harder to dodge any redirect able bending attacks.

View attachment 382 View attachment 383 View attachment 384

Lemme know what you think of it or if it needs improvement or anything. I don't want this to be OP.
Yes. YES. ASSASSINS. CREED. YES.

6tijn

Verified Member
The gif doe
Gotta say it again: I love it! I'm a forerunner myself and it would be awesome to see it implented! But I got some suggestions to add more freerunning. One of my favorite leaps is the monkey leap. I would love to see it implented!:) Maybe when you click while above something, you can blast forward a few blocks? Or when you shift?
This is a GIF of a monkey leap:
sn't move? :eek:

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member

The jump isn't part of the Monkey leap, just the way he lands. You run, make a dive, and launch yourself off with your arms. <3

6tijn

Verified Member

The jump isn't part of the Monkey leap, just the way he lands. You run, make a dive, and launch yourself off with your arms. <3
Yeah, that would look pretty cool! Would you also use the HighJUmp slot for this?

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
I love the wall jumping. There is the ability WallRun by jedk1 that you might want to check out if you haven't.

Kwesi

Verified Member
I love the wall jumping. There is the ability WallRun by jedk1 that you might want to check out if you haven't.
I've seen WallRun and I really like it, but not for a chiblocker; I think the ability would be a suitable extension for an airbender's AirScooter and chiblockers have something less potent.

Status
Not open for further replies.