• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Why deiny everything make it better

Verified Member
Honestly I hate it when people deiny things that are actual good ideas and give no reason why or give them a chance to change it *cough**cough* loony Denys everything *cough**cough* like I personally got sand dome denyed so I changed it and reposted it and loony acused me of spam and its not just me its others to like entangle and ice crush so I think people should get a 2 day warning befor something is permently denyed so they can change it and improve it

Hero

Verified Member
Honestly I hate it when people deiny things that are actual good ideas and give no reason why or give them a chance to change it *cough**cough* loony Denys everything *cough**cough* like I personally got sand dome denyed so I changed it and reposted it and loony acused me of spam and its not just me its others to like entangle and ice crush so I think people should get a 2 day warning befor something is permently denyed so they can change it and improve it
I feel the same way sometimes, but if a CD deny things, then its not meant to be, ya know?
I would look at it, improve on it and make something more of it. :)

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Keep in mind that if a CD denies something, it is not personal! They are just doing their job, and I agre, it's annoying if they do not put a good reason. It's hard to get a suggestion through, but if you really want it, you will eventually come up with something great! :)

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
OK so, suggestions: They are denied not for personal reasons, as Loony has said before he has had to deny suggestions that he liked. The plugin is going in a certain direction, do not take it personal if suggestions get denied because you think they are good ideas, but in reality to other people they may not be good. If you think something is good, great for you. But unfortunately, the majority in suggestions has no effect on what is and isn't added. Also, you got a lot of moxie calling out a staff member.

Verified Member
Keep in mind that if a CD denies something, it is not personal! They are just doing their job, and I agre, it's annoying if they do not put a good reason. It's hard to get a suggestion through, but if you really want it, you will eventually come up with something great! :)
OK so, suggestions: They are denied not for personal reasons, as Loony has said before he has had to deny suggestions that he liked. The plugin is going in a certain direction, do not take it personal if suggestions get denied because you think they are good ideas, but in reality to other people they may not be good. If you think something is good, great for you. But unfortunately, the majority in suggestions has no effect on what is and isn't added. Also, you got a lot of moxie calling out a staff member.
Ok yes I know he is a human and I'm not trying to single him out (he was the only one I could think of at the time sorry loony) but I also agree that it's annoying that some times they deny things with out reason. So just to clear it up loony not you it's me and people who deny with out reason please stop.

Hero

Verified Member
Yeah, calling out staff takes guts. Im passive-agressive, so I wont directly name someone.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Ok yes I know he is a human and I'm not trying to single him out (he was the only one I could think of at the time sorry loony) but I also agree that it's annoying that some times they deny things with out reason. So just to clear it up loony not you it's me and people who deny with out reason please stop.
I highly doubt staff deny things without a reason... I personally think that your SandDome Idea was pretty pointless because of the charge up time, and the fact that it was SAND protecting you. Not sandstone, SAND... Even though sand in a great quantity can have a substance, I highly doubt a sandbender could create an entire dome out of sand that's strong enough to protect him from flying rocks, explosive blasts of fire, and streams of water.

Loony

Verified Member
^ This.

Also, if you're writing a suggestion, I expect that you wrote that suggestion to the best of your ability. I'm not waiting for you to improve it..

I don't deny everything. I deny things that are unbalanced, don't make sense, aren't cannon and things that aren't right for the plugin.
You barely changed your post which is why it was denied.

I always give a reason whenever I look into or deny. I know, not all staff do, and I've asked them to, but they don't. It annoys me too.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
I feel like sometimes a suggestion that just needs a bit of balancing, but is good, gets denied, but a majority is just bad ideas.

Janny

Verified Member
I don't think a Concept Designer should automatically deny a suggestion.
I think there should be a poll attached to every suggestion ever made and it will have 2 choices:

1. "Should this thread be denied"
2. "Should this thread be looked into"

This would actually improve the suggestion system so that a suggestion doesn't get denied because of the opinion of just 1 Concept Designer.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I don't think a Concept Designer should automatically deny a suggestion.
I think there should be a poll attached to every suggestion ever made and it will have 2 choices:

1. "Should this thread be denied"
2. "Should this thread be looked into"

This would actually improve the suggestion system so that a suggestion doesn't get denied because of the opinion of just 1 Concept Designer.
No. This would be ineffective as people as a whole are more bias than a single person, and are more likely to fall into the pressure of selecting the correct one. Also, if a concept designer denies something, it's not their opinion. It's their official look on the matter.

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Concept Designers don't just go through and deny suggestions. They tend to have a reason as to why they deny it. (Did you know, if we implemented every single thing suggested, the plugin would be absolute garbage?)

Sorin

Verified Member
aren't cannon
That makes suggesting things so so so limiting, like there are only so many move in the show, why limit our self's to this? I mean sure cannon can be guide lines, so we don't end up with cookie bending, but like are you gonna deny a fire move cuz it wasn't in the show? If so that would honestly be sad.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
That makes suggesting things so so so limiting, like there are only so many move in the show, why limit our self's to this? I mean sure cannon can be guide lines, so we don't end up with cookie bending, but like are you gonna deny a fire move cuz it wasn't in the show? If so that would honestly be sad.
I have seen some people say that whether something is canon or not doesn't matter, but then I see staff and some other people say that whether something is canon or not matters... I'm confused... but I don't think whether something is canon nor not should greatly effect whether a suggestion gets denied or not- you just have to make sure that the move is something that a normal bender could perform.

promancer

Verified Member
I highly doubt staff deny things without a reason... I personally think that your SandDome Idea was pretty pointless because of the charge up time, and the fact that it was SAND protecting you. Not sandstone, SAND... Even though sand in a great quantity can have a substance, I highly doubt a sandbender could create an entire dome out of sand that's strong enough to protect him from flying rocks, explosive blasts of fire, and streams of water.
Sorry to do this, but his idea was based on common logic. Earth is the element of substance, meaning matter more or less. It would make sense that earth would be about being more connected and greater control over your element as all of earths subs focus on this. Controlling sand would make great sense as earth focuses less on movement and dmg and more on control. Plus, sand benders could make whirlwinds strong enough to push a craft, and Toph (little experience sandbending) could harden the sand in a really wide radius around herself. Anyway, sandbending may not be a strong sub element, but that's only because sandbending wasn't shown often. The logic is there, you just have to look closer.

dookoo782

Verified Member
If you're super-desperate to have an ability in the game, you can always utilize the PK API and make the ability yourself or pester some add-on developers till they collapse. ;3 If not, then just respect the PK Staffs' decisions on denying suggestions. ;P

P.S. You got some sweet quotes @promancer :p

promancer

Verified Member
If you're super-desperate to have an ability in the game, you can always utilize the PK API and make the ability yourself or pester some add-on developers till they collapse. ;3 If not, then just respect the PK Staffs' decisions on denying suggestions. ;P

P.S. You got some sweet quotes @promancer :p
Thanks

promancer

Verified Member
If you want something added, you basically have to follow and main 1-2 of these catergories: canonness, logic based on the real world, and following the direction the devs and Con devs want pk to go.