• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete WaterSeal

Possible to make this move?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sketz

Verified Member
Octopusform is more or less useless unless the opponent is trapped and cannot fly: it is slow and the knockback counteracts this - no idiot will willing comely near an octopusform when they can easily outrun, even walk, it. It also does not block attacks so it would only be ever considered as a "shield" against actual people (hand to hand combat) otherwise no.

^

astraelis7

Verified Member
That, of course, is not to say Octo isn't useful or effective when used strategically, but that requires a certain scenario which most other benders can avoid...

Sketz

Verified Member
Yes, but
That, of course, is not to say Octo isn't useful or effective when used strategically, but that requires a certain scenario which most other benders can avoid...
really, i don't think, octopusform, will be any similar to this move, nor be like it, in anyway, Yes it covers you on all ends, but that is basically, saying: "Torrent" again. as torrent coves your -roundly-, but that isn't a good defense,

I'd say:
WaterSeal - Defense (mostly)
Torrnet - offense
OctopusForm - offense

:)

astraelis7

Verified Member
Yes, but

really, i don't think, octopusform, will be any similar to this move, nor be like it, in anyway, Yes it covers you on all ends, but that is basically, saying: "Torrent" again. as torrent coves your -roundly-, but that isn't a good defense,

I'd say:
WaterSeal - Defense (mostly)
Torrnet - offense
OctopusForm - offense

:)
I agree :3

owlcool

Verified Member
Okay, in Waterbending defense goes to offence, can someone request something that will also make this a offensive move? I would think somthing like airburst or fireburst, but instead of doing tons of knockback, does like 3 hearts on each entity it hits, and it knocks them back a block. To make this happen, you could click to have this change into a charge for the move, and it will remove the shield. Makes sense? Waterbending is a pretty dynamic bending art, and it should be embracing that.

Sketz

Verified Member
Okay, in Waterbending defense goes to offence, can someone request something that will also make this a offensive move? I would think somthing like airburst or fireburst, but instead of doing tons of knockback, does like 3 hearts on each entity it hits, and it knocks them back a block. To make this happen, you could click to have this change into a charge for the move, and it will remove the shield. Makes sense? Waterbending is a pretty dynamic bending art, and it should be embracing that.

WaterSeal being offense? That could be possible, because like i was saying to, astraelis7 on his water post idea,
i said:
Very Sorry, I probbably pictured it differently in my head, Where, waterseal, when you shift to put it up, you can the clik to freeze it, and it will stay frozen untill you click again, so, with this, i thought, when holding shift on the waterseal(ice) you can click at the target, (inside waterseal), and the ice shoots off of the bubble at the player, slowly damaging him, and backing him away. :)
-Skitz

if you look at,
Surge Shield Attack <--

Sketz

Verified Member
Mmmm.... I'd like to try to make an add on to this move, making WaterSeal, offense & defense. Mostly defense though.

When freezing the waterseal, it stays untill you click it again, to make it water, with this, i think that (Also in the video) Is that you could make it where, when someone is infront of the waterseal, and you're inside of it still, having it being (ice) not water, where you can click (right click), at the player in the waterseal, and ice spikes will launch off of the bubble, at the player, not doing a lot of damage, but backing them away, untill the waterseal pops.

This is like adding the move he did with the water around him, i think it would be cool, but some might say, this is
just replacing icespike, or we have icespike for this, when benders can do more than 1 move, with another move added to it, like he did in the video.... >.>

Zafkiel

Verified Member
Mmmm.... I'd like to try to make an add on to this move, making WaterSeal, offense & defense. Mostly defense though.

When freezing the waterseal, it stays untill you click it again, to make it water, with this, i think that (Also in the video) Is that you could make it where, when someone is infront of the waterseal, and you're inside of it still, having it being (ice) not water, where you can click (right click), at the player in the waterseal, and ice spikes will launch off of the bubble, at the player, not doing a lot of damage, but backing them away, untill the waterseal pops.

This is like adding the move he did with the water around him, i think it would be cool, but some might say, this is
just replacing icespike, or we have icespike for this, when benders can do more than 1 move, with another move added to it, like he did in the video.... >.>
have you think about the way to select the source of water ? but i think that we should be partially submerged in water or else have a source of water hight of 2 block or more behind us . What are you thinking about that ?

Sketz

Verified Member
have you think about the way to select the source of water ? but i think that we should be partially submerged in water or else have a source of water hight of 2 block or more behind us . What are you thinking about that ?

I think i said the waterseal's source would be, Plants,Water, and Bottles, maybe..., Takes like 1 plant/water/bottles, to run the waterseal, the effect of running the waterseal, would be like.... if possible, Water going around you like torrent only a lot better, where it forms a bubble around you. This move looks so cool in my head, idk if it's completly possible xD, Just putting it out there.
:D

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
As a waterbender, I can say that a torrent bubble certainly does not do the best job at defense. it can be melted by other waterbenders, and destroyed by other benders. As for surge, it does not protect against every move, and not everyone's reflexes are skilled enough to move it in time to block attacks, especially quick ones.

xXturbokidXx

Verified Member
What about a source? So you can magically produce water out of air?
Yasssss. Hama was proficient, creative, and resourceful enough to manipulate and extract water from grass, flowers, and even trees to fuel her bending in combat or for other purposes. She could even pull water out of the air, making her a formidable opponent. This resourcefulness allowed her to use her waterbending even when deprived of an obvious and significant water source.

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
Yasssss. Hama was proficient, creative, and resourceful enough to manipulate and extract water from grass, flowers, and even trees to fuel her bending in combat or for other purposes. She could even pull water out of the air, making her a formidable opponent. This resourcefulness allowed her to use her waterbending even when deprived of an obvious and significant water source.
I agree, I hated how Hama ended up being evil (and for a Southern Waterbender too), but I LOVED how resourceful she was. She learned how to bend the water out of the air, out of plants, and even in other living, breathing, creatures! (but not sweat. That was all Katara :)) However, bending the water out of the air could be a bit OP. Perhaps it could be done when it rains? Wait, but then again, all the other elements can bend practically anywhere, so its not that OP. I support this.

CaptainSnickerz

Verified Member
this would be amazinggggg ommmgggg like a ice/water shield maybe without the ice but its a cool idea wow + apart from surge water doesnt really have a great shield

Sketz

Verified Member
this would be amazinggggg ommmgggg like a ice/water shield maybe without the ice but its a cool idea wow + apart from surge water doesnt really have a great shield

If you wouldn't mind clicking a vote button that would be nice&helpful c:

o-o?

Status
Not open for further replies.