• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Looking Into Watermanipulation addition

Madocean

Kya's version of torrent-iceblast suits more.

Icebullet needs to removed or improved with the following changes:
  • Activation should be 'Surge (shield up) => WaterBubble (shapes it into sphere: sneak) => PhaseChange (optional, but freezes it) => Iceblast
  • Needs to have longer duration by default.
  • ???
  • Lol k bye.
Ooooo Sounds dope

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
I like this idea. It could provide some useful utility for water manipulation and lessen reasons for waterbenders to camp in water.

Looking Into!

Original poster literally suggested WaterArms Punch alternative.

A technique that has "slight" difference -> nah, better deny it. A technique that is like waterarms - LOOKING INTO! So apart from the fact that is literraly an exact copy of Water Addition usage, so far you have gave nothing to differentiate it from a waterarms punchh except for the it being present in WaterManipulation bind.

What Happens If you copy Concept Designers denying reason and change a few words to fit the respective Suggestion said:
So apart from the fact that is literraly an exact copy of WaterArms Punch usage, so far you have gave nothing to differentiate it from a waterarms punchh except for the it being present in WaterManipulation bind.

This suggestion as it currently is is nothing more than waterarms punch used only twice , it provides no special reason for it to exist.
I'm not being salty that my suggestion was rejected. Though I would be to anyone's that got rejected unfairly. Don't you know how above sounds silly? Make up your mind on what things you guys gonna cchoose and dismiss with your reasoning descriptions.

Regards

Last edited:

NickC1211

A technique that has "slight" difference -> nah, better deny it. A technique that is like waterarms - LOOKING INTO! So apart from the fact that is literraly an exact copy of Water Addition usage, so far you have gave nothing to differentiate it from a waterarms punchh except for the it being present in WaterManipulation bind.

I'm not being salty that my suggestion was rejected. Though I would be to anyone's that got rejected unfairly. Don't you know how above sounds silly? Make up your mind on what things you guys gonna cchoose and dismiss with your reasoning descriptions.

Regards
Wait I'm confused is this @me or Arch. Also I agree that some suggestions should get more consideration and not just denied for being too similar, but this isn't like waterarms.

I don't see why his arguments should have a legitimacy in it If the person himself doesn't stick to his words/reasons that are held as a rule. I honestly right now would accept a simple "I don't like it" than hearing a contradiction to his response in another suggestion when making a collerating connection.

NickC1211

I don't see why his arguments should have a legitimacy in it If the person himself doesn't stick to his words/reasons that are held as a rule. I honestly right now would accept a simple "I don't like it" than hearing a contradiction to his response in another suggestion when making a collerating connection.
I see both sides of the argument. On the one hand it seems like he's denying everything that comes his way especially moves that can better the sub elements. On the other hand he can't accept every single idea and just because it is denied for core doesn't mean it's not a great idea for a custom ability.

I was talking about Water Gimbal and this though.

I do still like your ability though. Before Water Reusement becomes a thing, this would be a nice start to support antiwatercamping (- not just camping and spouting in water)

I do still like your ability though. Before Water Reusement becomes a thing, this would be a nice start to support antiwatercamping (- not just camping and spouting in water)
Than again, I probably supported this only because for animation. Having a watermanipulation be pulled from the source as you run away from a sourcingrange-maxdistance would look cool.

If it was decided to bring a new function, selecting two source (clicking a third one will reset back to one) will trigger the animation and two-projectile shots.

NickC1211

Than again, I probably supported this only because for animation. Having a watermanipulation be pulled from the source as you run away from a sourcingrange-maxdistance would look cool.

If it was decided to bring a new function, selecting two source (clicking a third one will reset back to one) will trigger the animation and two-projectile shots.
I too like the idea of moves activated by running it reminds me of when katara was fighting azula and made that huge. wave

I too like the idea of moves activated by running it reminds me of when katara was fighting azula and made that huge. wave
I had that in mind for a custom ability. Being able to drag a 1x1 stream of water and pass it onto waterbenders (they pick it with sneak) like what Tonraq did with his waterbending force on the chi hidden camp. Left Clicking could send it like an air stream, but much nerfed (sending players only across the ground), and switching to Surge slot would deal devastating washing-away attack upon hit

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer

//THE ONE THAT WAS HERE

Regards

xNuminousx

Unless you're asking how this relates to something else...

Because you denied Mesks WaterGimbal suggestion because it was too similar to torrent yet you marked this looking into when it's very similar to WaterArms Punch feature (according to previous comments).

If that's not what you're talking about then idk

Vahagn

Staff member
Plugin Developer
WaterManipulation is currently the most basic water move with 0 extra functionalities other than redirection. This suggestion however makes WaterManipulation unique. WaterGimbal on the other hand, doesn't describe a unique ability with unique features. It provides 0 differentiation and is a steaming hot mess ready to happen.

It uses the exact same usage as Torrent, so if someone accidentally clicks with torrent twice then tries to use it it will go into combo mode. It has minimal actual use since Torrent is so similar in its functionality as well. Its only unique feature and addition to torrent is that it breaks blocks instead of creating. It also goes in a straight line, yippee! We should totally copy AirSwipe, turn it so its horizontal, and make it go 40 blocks and stop its arc. Oh wait someone already did that its called AirBlade, and there is a reason we haven't added it to Core.

While other suggestions for WaterManipulation changes are good, this one is easily implemented along side our current plans, it looks good, its well thought out, its fluid. It makes Waterbending more realistic pertaining to the show, and adds unique features to an already very bland move.

Oh and by the way, when I said exact copy, I wasn't using figurative language.

Last edited:

Loony

Regards
I really don't see how this suggestion is like WaterArms at all