• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

WaterCombo: Water Stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashe36

Verified Member
What is WaterStream?

WaterStream mimics the exact functionality of the aircombo AirStream. It is seen several times throughout the Avatar Universe that Waterbenders can grab hold of someone and move them around, just as AirStream does, and just as WaterStream is meant to do.

It will be executed like so:

WaterManipulation + Water Manipulation + Torrent (Left Click)

Instead of a normal torrent coming out of the water, however, it will be a stream of water surrounded by Water Particles (Can't remember if the water particles are possible or not, but of course it's Subject to Change).

What does it do?

As previously mentioned, WaterStream will have the same functionality as AirStream. For those who do not know what AirStream does, WaterStream will be capable of "capturing" a player inside of it and manipulating where they go, through the air. It will push them in any direction that the bender wishes.

Side Note: It may be beneficial for sake of balancing the plugin that the Water Bender performing this Combo must stay shifting, or the Water Stream will cease to exist.

ashe36

Verified Member
I am an airbending fan , and I think it would be really lame if airstream is just copied / pasted over to waterbenders...

And besides, torrent already has the function of 'grabbing' people, although not as controlled as airstream (which is still good)
If you really look at most of the elements, it's more likely than not that there is another move that's more or less "copied/pasted"

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
If you really look at most of the elements, it's more likely than not that there is another move that's more or less "copied/pasted"
But there is still a great amount of diversity among the elements

HadesDude

Verified Member
I am an airbending fan , and I think it would be really lame if airstream is just copied / pasted over to waterbenders...

And besides, torrent already has the function of 'grabbing' people, although not as controlled as airstream (which is still good)
Fireburst, airburst, waterbubble,airbubble, fireshield, airshield, All of the manips, iceblast, icespike, waterwave is the same animation as torrent, earth armor, plant armor, metalclips and fucking bloodbending (love the double standard), airblast and fireblast are the same too and airspout, waterspout

XxKingKamiKazexX

Verified Member
I personally don't like the idea of the move seeing how Torrent basically already does this, and deals damage. Hydrokinesis in its own can hurt people because of the internal damage of having large amounts of water moving at great speeds. Air is different because it travels all around the person enveloping them in a funnel of air that is generally harmless unless it rams them into something.

If water is to push and control someone, it'd have to move fast, which would deal damage, compare being splashed by water propelled by someones hand, and a wave pool at a water park, what exerts the most force, and what pushes you?

ashe36

Verified Member
I personally don't like the idea of the move seeing how Torrent basically already does this, and deals damage. Hydrokinesis in its own can hurt people because of the internal damage of having large amounts of water moving at great speeds. Air is different because it travels all around the person enveloping them in a funnel of air that is generally harmless unless it rams them into something.

If water is to push and control someone, it'd have to move fast, which would deal damage, compare being splashed by water propelled by someones hand, and a wave pool at a water park, what exerts the most force, and what pushes you?
Please keep in mind that this is, in fact, a game.

ashe36

Verified Member
This is not a move. This is a combo. This does not replace torrent, and it has the specific use that you all say "torrent does all ready." Torrent is an offensive move. This, however, is not.

Verified Member
Fireburst, airburst, waterbubble,airbubble, fireshield, airshield, All of the manips, iceblast, icespike, waterwave is the same animation as torrent, earth armor, plant armor, metalclips and fucking bloodbending (love the double standard), airblast and fireblast are the same too and airspout, waterspout
love how you react <3

jedk1

I just want to point out most of these are from the original plugin, also you say all the manips so... watermanip and?

This is not a move. This is a combo. This does not replace torrent, and it has the specific use that you all say "torrent does all ready." Torrent is an offensive move. This, however, is not.
I like this idea a lot...

HadesDude

Verified Member
I just want to point out most of these are from the original plugin, also you say all the manips so... watermanip and?
Earthblast is like the exact same as water manip. They may be from the original, but no one has really made any massively different moves. The only one I actually like is Earth Smash.

XxKingKamiKazexX

Verified Member
WaterStream mimics the exact functionality of the air combo AirStream. It is seen several times throughout the Avatar Universe that Waterbenders can grab hold of someone and move them around, just as AirStream does, and just as WaterStream is meant to do.
If this just so happens to be a move, on the positive side I'd be glad to see it but with less range, and less time of usage. Watching a few clips, all the said "control" you said they had lasted for very little time and was just used to throw an opponent (Something Torrent already does). Bottom line, I can see this combo being abused by water benders forcing enemies into pools of water, and either spamming them with moves or freezing them from above with phase change. Also, aside from torrent, WaterArms: Grab/Pull and surge have plenty of capabilities for moving opponents around.

Status
Not open for further replies.