• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

WaterCamping Debuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlcool

Verified Member
Edited:
Element: Water
Moves Effected By this: All Moves excluding swiftswim, phasechange, waterspout, waterwave and waterbubble. There is one exception to these moves, and that would be that to use waterbubble you would have to be touching a solid block.
Changes: This would make it more difficult for a waterbender to use multiple moves at once underwater, etc.
The cooldown on watermanipulation would be increased or the move would decrease in damage.
Logic Behind it: A waterbender either can't perform these maneuvers, because they are bending the water around themselves, in that way they are using up power to be able to provide more speed, or they would be using no power but they wouldn't be able to use more speed.
Configs: To reduce power, reduce speed or to just not have these debuffs in place.

Last edited:

Sorin

Verified Member
Element: Water
Moves Effected: All moves excluding swiftswim, waterspout and waterwave.
Changes: If a waterbender isn't touching a block that is solid, then they can't use offensive moves. This makes sense from the show, as a waterbender was never shown to have offensively waterbend from in water. For example, when Korra was attacked by The Waterbending Wonder Twins, Korra went onto a waterspout and attacked from it, instead of just attacking from the water.
There where times Katara would teach Aang to waterbend siting in side the water......what about the swamp episode? for christ sake she threw ice disc's at master pakku in the northern water tribe while siting in water.......

BlueGhost

Verified Member
There where times Katara would teach Aang to waterbend siting in side the water......what about the swamp episode? for christ sake she threw ice disc's at master pakku in the northern water tribe while siting in water.......
Well, on both times katara was inside water but not swimming, what I mean is: Every time a waterbender is seen waterbending inside water, he/she is touching the ground (or snow, or ice), the bottom.
So what sould be done is that you can't waterbend if your swimming which was never seen in the show, but if you are touching the bottom them you sould be able to waterbend (or if you are in a waterspout).

owlcool

Verified Member
Bending underwater may not be canon but it is still logical. It is water after all.
It actually isn't logical for the more effective offensive moves, or at least for spamming watermanipulation, because the waterbenders always had their movement slowed down by water, etc. It doesn't make sense anyway since earthbenders can't earthbend underwater in the plugin for basically the same reasons why waterbenders shouldn't be able too.

And don't say that their is the exclusion of moves like raiseearth, that would be the equivalent of a waterbender using waterspout while swimming; that would also be pretty hypocritical for somebody that says that firejet should be unable to use bending moves would give waterbending the ability to use bending moves while underwater, i.e. They are making the water move around themselves in the actual plugin, you can see this as a waterbender in the plugin if you just walk through part of a water source, like this one.

It would even out the source if you swam through that as a waterbender.

Last edited:

owlcool

Verified Member
Swamp.

Bending while standing on water. Difference from bending at targets from underwater.
The only exception I can think to this rule was the few times when a waterbender used waterbubble, so I will add that onto that. Besides, whenever a waterbender used waterbubble underwater they always were standing on something solid.

Sorin

Verified Member
Swamp.

Bending while standing on water. Difference from bending at targets from underwater.
The only exception I can think to this rule was the few times when a waterbender used waterbubble, so I will add that onto that. Besides, whenever a waterbender used waterbubble underwater they always were standing on something solid.
So im guessing you keep geting killed by waterbender's? xD waterbending FTW!
Just get over it, it's cannon to bend in water and under water.

owlcool

Verified Member
So im guessing you keep geting killed by waterbender's? xD waterbending FTW!
Just get over it, it's cannon to bend in water and under water.
Not offensively. It is cannon to bend standing out of water, in the same way you would expect a earthbender to stand with their heels underwater and still earthbend. It is cannon that you can't bend effectively offensively underwater, because why wouldn't Korra have done that to the benders that attacked her? You are claiming something without any evidence. Try to bring in the evidence that breaks this rule and I would oblige.

And if you are expecting people to request taking away the most powerful aspect of firebending without another person requesting taking away the most powerful and noobiest aspect of waterbending, you are sadly mistaken.

Sorin

Verified Member
Not offensively. It is cannon to bend standing out of water, in the same way you would expect a earthbender to stand with their heels underwater and still earthbend. It is cannon that you can't bend effectively offensively underwater, because why wouldn't Korra have done that to the benders that attacked her? You are claiming something without any evidence. Try to bring in the evidence that breaks this rule and I would oblige.

And if you are expecting people to request taking away the most powerful aspect of firebending without another person requesting taking away the most powerful and noobiest aspect of waterbending, you are sadly mistaken.
Bruh how did firebending come into play for this? Totally irrelevant. But I never said i was against this im just a little confused on what you mean take away waterbending going under water? or just not being able to waterbend in water at all?

TehPandaKing

Verified Member
This thread was not thought out... It was made as a response to the thread 'Possible Firejet Nerf' ; A thought out thread with gifs and pictures for evidence, along with clear and calm thoughts.
I think you are really desperate to get 'revenge' for Fly's post.
Although It would make more sense that they debuff water campers, please don't bring other threads into this.

promancer

Verified Member
Not to be condescending but, doesn't water put out fire...
Anyway, when a waterbender is in water, shouldn't it be the opposite of what your saying? That's like saying airbenders shouldn't be able to bend while in air. Waterbenders are surrounded in their element when underwater. Using your logic, earthbenders shouldn't be able to use raiseearth when they're suffocating underground either. When waterbenders are underwater, they mostly have the qualities of air. The reason for lack of gifs is because there are few underwater scenes in the series. Your thread has no logic in it whatsoever and the only grounds you have was proved false by Pickle.

owlcool

Verified Member
Well I edited it once again. And we have yet to see a circumstance in which these rules don't apply. Notice how I am NOT saying waterbenders can't waterbend underwater?

promancer

Verified Member
What are the grounds for this thread? So what your saying is, WATERBENDERS are weaker underwater...
Much logic. Very needed. Such proof.
=P

Status
Not open for further replies.