• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Waterbending Ability- Ice Drill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
In the Show:

The Ice Drill ability would be for waterbenders. It would enable them to freeze a stream of water (or small amount from a bottle or plant) to use as a drill. This would have an effect similar to the earthbending ability, earthtunnel (I think thats what it is called, but not sure), but would have a smaller radius. The waterbender would select the ability in the hotbar, then click on a water source (unless they use a bottle). They would then hold shift to burrow through a wall or ground. Perhaps unlike with the earthbending ability, Ice Drill could run out after a short time, perhaps 10-15 seconds. This ability would give Waterbenders more use on land, rather than simply by a watersource, and could allow them to dig down and mine, among other things. They could also trap an opponent underground, or drill their way out from underground, such as if they are trapped by an earthbender.

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
It's not a bad idea. Although, how about the drill can melt if you get close to lava?
hmm, no. I disagree with that. A skilled waterbender typically is able to control the temperature of the water under their control, even near high sources of heat.

Hero

Verified Member
True... a skill leveling system would work nice with that xD
You better not suggest a skill leveling system because they have denied the idea countless times and whoever suggest it is usually mad at a server/players.

Hero

Verified Member
They could also trap an opponent underground, or drill their way out from underground, such as if they are trapped by an earthbender.
How can they trap someone underground.
IceDrill requires momentum, so you cant use it to drill out from the ground.

Varni1

Verified Member
What do you mean? drill upwards so it creates a sort of stairs.
I believe he's trying to say that ice drill shouldn't be automatic, rather, be fueled by the player's momentum. For example, you could jump really high and dig into the ground, and the distance you travel is determined by your momentum.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member

1. You've already suggested 2 moves with the same name and concept: http://projectkorra.com/forum/threads/ice-drill.561/#post-15600
  2. How can water penetrate the ground? I mean penetrating through an earthbent wall with the width of 1 block makes sense but penetrating the ground with water to make watertunnels wouldn't even be realistic
  3. That much velocity coming into the impact radius of the ground wouldn't even make a hole but rather a big mud puddle.
  4. Velocity of ice would shatter:

HydroMan

Verified Member
hmm, no. I disagree with that. A skilled waterbender typically is able to control the temperature of the water under their control, even near high sources of heat.
If they can change water into another molecural state, it doesn't mean they can control temperature directly. Ever seen the waterbending boiling, heating or cooling water, other than just freezing&vapourising it? I don't think so.

Hero

Verified Member
That's how I feel seeing the simiral threads with the same title. Can you just guys search throught the search box before posting? (make sure you do it multiple times, as the search menu is fanky abit)
HydroMan, I understand you want credit where its due but in the end, who cares? Its not like PK gives out the names of who suggest things.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
W
HydroMan, I understand you want credit where its due but in the end, who cares? Its not like PK gives out the names of who suggest things.
hy are you hating on litteraly everything PK does? xD If you dont like it leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.