• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Waterbending Ability- Ice Drill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
because extremely dense ice being held together by a waterbender would be powerful enough to. Guys, we are talking about people capable of using water to cut through rock and steel. If they can do that, I think they can drill through it, too.
They can't. Water is capable of cutting through steel when you slice it against the steel, at high speed, in a knife shape. Of you just create a drill of water and start rotating it, it won't really do anything. Also, it took both Katara and Aang (both master waterbenders) a really long time to cut through 1 pillar of steel, and eve after that they were exhausted.

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
They can't. Water is capable of cutting through steel when you slice it against the steel, at high speed, in a knife shape. Of you just create a drill of water and start rotating it, it won't really do anything. Also, it took both Katara and Aang (both master waterbenders) a really long time to cut through 1 pillar of steel, and eve after that they were exhausted.
Aang wasn't a master, and they had very little water to use. And again, this doesn't prove that drills cannot go through the earth.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Aang wasn't a master, and they had very little water to use. And again, this doesn't prove that drills cannot go through the earth.
Why do waterbenders need to cut through earth in the first place? This is waterbending, not earth. If anything, it seems unneeded to have a water move that'll cut through earth.

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
Why do waterbenders need to cut through earth in the first place? This is waterbending, not earth. If anything, it seems unneeded to have a water move that'll cut through earth.
What if we are trapped underground by an earthbender? And besides, waterbenders need more moves that can have an affect above ground, too.

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
It doesn't need to, its waterbending for a reason..
Waterbenders are too limited, more so than any other element. Earth has all the land they could ever need, and freaking lava, air is literally all around us, and they have asphyxiation too, and fire doesn't require a source, and has combustion and lightning. Water is limited to the oceans, rivers, lakes, and ponds, which few people actually traverse, and our only sources of water on land are some limited plants and water bottles, hardly enough for much, certainly not enough for a combo, which also can't be used with plants. If a person wants to avoid fighting us, all they have to do is stay away from plants and water, which isn't exactly a challenge. Plus, bloodbending is usually disabled or reserved for paying players on most servers. Waterebenders should have more versatility. And besides, Ice drills are shown on the show, so I see no reason they shouldn't be included in the plugin. I don't think its too much to ask.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Waterbenders are too limited, more so than any other element. Earth has all the land they could ever need, and freaking lava, air is literally all around us, and they have asphyxiation too, and fire doesn't require a source, and has combustion and lightning. Water is limited to the oceans, rivers, lakes, and ponds, which few people actually traverse, and our only sources of water on land are some limited plants and water bottles, hardly enough for much, certainly not enough for a combo, which also can't be used with plants. If a person wants to avoid fighting us, all they have to do is stay away from plants and water, which isn't exactly a challenge. Plus, bloodbending is usually disabled or reserved for paying players on most servers. Waterebenders should have more versatility. And besides, Ice drills are shown on the show, so I see no reason they shouldn't be included in the plugin. I don't think its too much to ask.
You can make a giant surge out of one plant, or make a surge shield out of a bottle, and 9/10 times it'll come back. Just because it's in the show doesn't mean it has to be in the plugin. Suffocate really isn't that good a lot, and you're immune to lava if you just stay in the water. Combustion is actually pretty pathetic, and lightning is predictable and inaccurate. You're also immune to lightning spreading if you're high enough on a waterspout. My point is, waterbending doesn't need so much power on land, and making a tunnel with water is more or less a luxury.

HydroMan

Verified Member
So what's your point? Waterbenders aren't alone - chi's and airbs can't get out of the cave as well, when it is occluded.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I just hate hearing "waterbenders are too limited";"they are limited to <...>, they must avoid being near a source". It is their aspect to be a waterbender. Saying that waterbenders must stay away from water and source, is like saying an earthbender to stay away from the ground.

HydroMan

Verified Member
not the only scene of her cooking, and I certainly recall her cooking without a fire at times. regardless, I fail to see how a waterbender would be unable to control the temperature of water, certainly if they are a skilled bender. After all, Airbenders can control the temperature of the air around them:
(around 6:50). Tenzin claims in that episode that airbenders can warm themselves with airbending.
Themselves, but not the air around them.

Status
Not open for further replies.