• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Waterbender's Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILLFATE

Verified Member
And then the source is replaced by the rest of the water for infinity. Adds on like half a second between watermanipulations at most.
what if the sources are plants? they dont regrow immediately. watermanip has a 1 sec cooldown.

owlcool

Verified Member
what if the sources are plants? they dont regrow immediately. watermanip has a 1 sec cooldown.
Just like what fireblast has. And fireblast is blocked by watermanipulation. And if there are 10 plants behind a waterbender then the waterbender is more then able to block every fireblast with just watermanipulation, but fire is not exactly able to do that thing with fireblast. With fireshield and fireblast? Yes, but you miss the point of firebending in the very description of it if water is made to be more offensive then fire.

ILLFATE

Verified Member
Just like what fireblast has. And fireblast is blocked by watermanipulation. And if there are 10 plants behind a waterbender then the waterbender is more then able to block every fireblast with just watermanipulation, but fire is not exactly able to do that thing with fireblast. With fireshield and fireblast? Yes, but you miss the point of firebending in the very description of it if water is made to be more offensive then fire.
IF the waterbender has enough sources. im pretty sure that the firebender is smart enough to stay away from the sources

owlcool

Verified Member
IF the waterbender has enough sources. im pretty sure that the firebender is smart enough to stay away from the sources
In which case, What after that? So are firebenders simply underpowered whenever waterbenders have a general 4 by 4 square of water? That doesn't seem like balancing to me.

ILLFATE

Verified Member
In which case, What after that? So are firebenders simply underpowered whenever waterbenders have a general 4 by 4 square of water? That doesn't seem like balancing to me.
it is balancing. somewhere in like the desert , firebenders are superior. and firebenders can burn the plants and snow anyways. how is that not balancing?

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
Um, fire benders could also block water manip with their fire blast or fire shield. If fire blast and water manip have to same cooldown, then you should have no problem protecting yourself, while you also formulate a plan to get away using fire jet. Better yet, use the blaze-fire jet combo so you get an attack in while getting away. I think benders are well prepared to protect themselves from waterbenders, and this change is really needed.

EndersShadows

Verified Member
And if there are 10 plants behind a waterbender then the waterbender is more then able to block every fireblast with just watermanipulation,.
This sentence, I would like to borrow someone's hand for a triple facepalm please. Is he implying that with only 10 plants, a waterbender can block 15 fireblasts?

Y U NO LOGIC

owlcool

Verified Member
This sentence, I would like to borrow someone's hand for a triple facepalm please. Is he implying that with only 10 plants, a waterbender can block 15 fireblasts?

Y U NO LOGIC
Assuming there are 15 fireblasts at once there would have to be 15 firebenders. 15 benders against one person should be a unfair match in any and every case.
Y U NO LOGIC? BOOM, I STOLE THAT FROM YOUR OWN BOOK!!!!

Last edited:

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I don't like the idea. I want to select my sources, so I know where my manips are coming from...

owlcool

Verified Member

Y U NO LOGIC
Can a firebender use 15 fireblasts at once? No, the firebender can't. A waterbender and 2 firebenders in a spam contest between watermanipulation and fireblast would still have the waterbender winning, with the many watermanipulations breaking through the few fireblasts. Now this increases the rate of watermanipulation to a much higher amount, a amount that was only possible underwater, making it possible anywhere you are nearby water. How can anyone think this is not simply a thread made to make it easier to spam watermanipulation and icespike, I don't know. If this gets added, air and fire is going to need some spam boosts too. And who is to say that boosting the ability for waterbenders to spam watermanipulation is not going to create even more lag then usual? I guess we will just have to find out through testing this overpowered idea out.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
Can a firebender use 15 fireblasts at once? No, the firebender can't. A waterbender and 2 firebenders in a spam contest between watermanipulation and fireblast would still have the waterbender winning, with the many watermanipulations breaking through the few fireblasts. Now this increases the rate of watermanipulation to a much higher amount, a amount that was only possible underwater, making it possible anywhere you are nearby water. How can anyone think this is not simply a thread made to make it easier to spam watermanipulation and icespike, I don't know. If this gets added, air and fire is going to need some spam boosts too. And who is to say that boosting the ability for waterbenders to spam watermanipulation is not going to create even more lag then usual? I guess we will just have to find out through testing this overpowered idea out.
Welp, now that you've stated your thoughts on this thread, are you done? I kinda like this idea, but your comments are putting a sour taste in my mouth :confused: There's no need for you to continue fighting against this. It's being looked into so now it's up to the staff whether or not this move is actually implemented into the core plugin. ;)

owlcool

Verified Member
Welp, now that you've stated your thoughts on this thread, are you done? I kinda like this idea, but your comments are putting a sour taste in my mouth :confused: There's no need for you to continue fighting against this. It's being looked into so now it's up to the staff whether or not this move is actually implemented into the core plugin. ;)
It got looking into before I even commented, And I was the only person with these complaints. I kinda think I have enough reason to post them here, Wynaut?

Status
Not open for further replies.