• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Waterbender's Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILLFATE

Verified Member
Some of the ideas here are very well thought of. I think that waterbenders should be able to bend from the same source multiple times. They should be able to select one source and then send multiple shots out of that water without having to reselect.
I like that idea

HydroMan

Verified Member
Sure , but it think i wanna stick with my idea
But i still think that the "selecting source" somehow needs to be abit arrenge (not that am agaisnt of "remote waterbending(or whatver you call it) ,just i dont like auto-selecting thing

EndersShadows

Verified Member
This would definitely be extremely OP. Say what you want, but this would be a huge buff to water, and maybe not for the good.

Something someone suggested earlier in the thread that I really liked.. Was making this a combo. If you call it- say "Water feel" (Don't judge on name selection) This combo would allow waterbenders to use sources without looking for an extended period of time.

But this still is a very OP idea. Gotta think of ways to nerf it ;)

HadesDude

Verified Member
This would definitely be extremely OP. Say what you want, but this would be a huge buff to water, and maybe not for the good.

Something someone suggested earlier in the thread that I really liked.. Was making this a combo. If you call it- say "Water feel" (Don't judge on name selection) This combo would allow waterbenders to use sources without looking for an extended period of time.

But this still is a very OP idea. Gotta think of ways to nerf it ;)
Obviously you wouldn't be able to create hundreds of manips by spamming. It would have the same cooldown that watermanip currently has, just instead of having to look at a source, you'd be able to attack. That being said, if you look at my earlier post it would have to function like that. Randomly selecting sources from a certain radius would be hard to block.

HydroMan

Verified Member
we still need to think on how this move should select a source without looking at it ,so i wont spamm by accident? Also how would surge would be used by this 'thing'? if am as waterbender try to use surge without looking at the source (if there would be auto source selecting) ,which i wanna shot surge-waves at my oponnent ,the surge can backfire and push me from behind instead of knockbacking the enemy ,if i cant select from what angle i can use water from the pond thats behind me .So how can i be sure if i selected the right water block ,instead of the the one that is behind me

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
we still need to think on how this move should select a source without looking at it ,so i wont spamm by accident? Also how would surge would be used by this 'thing'? if am as waterbender try to use surge without looking at the source (if there would be auto source selecting) ,which i wanna shot surge-waves at my oponnent ,the surge can backfire and push me from behind instead of knockbacking the enemy ,if i cant select from what angle i can use water from the pond thats behind me .So how can i be sure if i selected the right water block ,instead of the the one that is behind me
I think this was dressed earlier...
Maybe if you click (SurgeWave) , the source that will be selected is the source infront of you

EndersShadows

Verified Member
Obviously you wouldn't be able to create hundreds of manips by spamming. It would have the same cooldown that watermanip currently has, just instead of having to look at a source, you'd be able to attack. That being said, if you look at my earlier post it would have to function like that. Randomly selecting sources from a certain radius would be hard to block.
Watermanipulation doesn't have a cooldown. The "cooldown" is the time it takes the caster to select a source and switch back to aiming at a target. Remove the need to select a source, and you basically have cooldownless fireblast/airswipe.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
I think Surge is just an exception. For surge you would need to select.
I would be ok with this. So would the moves that you don't need to select a source from be Water Manip, Torrent, Ice Spike, Ice Blast (only when there's ice around), Water Spout (the water wave part of it), and Octopus Form? Also, maybe to keep people happy, and prevent too many rapid attacks, the water would always come from behind the bender. Maybe give some time for the target to prepare for the attack, or dodge it?

HadesDude

Verified Member
Watermanipulation doesn't have a cooldown. The "cooldown" is the time it takes the caster to select a source and switch back to aiming at a target. Remove the need to select a source, and you basically have cooldownless fireblast/airswipe.
Watermanip actually has a 1 second cooldown, fireblast is only slower by half a second.

owlcool

Verified Member
How would this not be overpowered? Make it only one watermanipulation? Then waterbending is slower and does not follow it's jings. This does eliminate a skill factor, as you have to continually have to reaim every time you look away to shift on a source, unless you are spamming from underwater and are therefor a watercamper. Torrent should be a exception, since it is a unblockable move that does plenty of damage. On the other hand of this, it gives water the ability to spam watermanipulation very easily anywhere, at the very least this would be a better attack then fireblast, as fireblast can't block all of watermanipulations but watermanipulation can block all of the fireblast and more. Maybe fireblast should have to hit 2 watermanipulations to be blocked.

ILLFATE

Verified Member
How would this not be overpowered? Make it only one watermanipulation? Then waterbending is slower and does not follow it's jings. This does eliminate a skill factor, as you have to continually have to reaim every time you look away to shift on a source, unless you are spamming from underwater and are therefor a watercamper. Torrent should be a exception, since it is a unblockable move that does plenty of damage. On the other hand of this, it gives water the ability to spam watermanipulation very easily anywhere, at the very least this would be a better attack then fireblast, as fireblast can't block all of watermanipulations but watermanipulation can block all of the fireblast and more. Maybe fireblast should have to hit 2 watermanipulations to be blocked.
watermanip has a cooldown.and the waterbender also runs out of sources. this would give waterbenders superiority in where there is many water.

Status
Not open for further replies.