• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Water Spout Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I still dont what he refeers as classes
An ability is made with Java, you probably know that.
You write the code in a "Class".
For example, I have a class for the ability info, a class for when someone activates and ability, and a class for the ACTUAL ability.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Here is solution for this. By left clicking on the waterspout, you would be able to lock the spout at the current height, so if you tap space or shift your spout won't go down or up. You will still able to move it around. Then you can perform shifting without the need of space :). You can left click again on the air to unlock it, gaining the control to minimize it and to raise it.

Verified Member
I'm sure many of us have tried to use torrent while on water spout, and the torrent broke your spout.

Things to know

• The spout allows you to use moves without having to select a source of water
  • The spout won't support Octopus Form, plant, or ice related moves
  • The spout won't be delayed in movement, but that can be configured
  • The moves supported by the spout are also configurable
  • This concept was created from Unalaq in Book 2 of TLOK

How it works

To use this passive, simply go to a move you are wanting to use. While on your spout you can shift, or click, with whichever move. In my example I will use Torrent.

You hold shift on your spout, about 2 blocks below you a bridge of water will come out of your spout and give you the water needed for torrent. You will not need to select the source to use this ability, which is why it is so nice. I know we all have trouble with getting a water source for our moves while on spout, that's another reason this ability would help so much. Many people might complain about your spout going down while holding onto torrent on the spout. Simply hold the space bar to prevent yourself from going down any further, and you should be fine.

This ability definitely falls into the reasons Water is so great with change, because while you're high on your spout you are farther from any available water sources (except your spout).

Proof

Watch as Unalaq uses his spout as a Water Bending source.

Look closely at where Unalaq is getting his water source from, hint: his spout.

I hope you liked this concept, and to be honest I am not the best when it comes to creating Waterbending threads. So if some of its information seems false, please tell me and I will gladly fix it!

Questions, critique and more below!

Thanks,
~ Fly
GIME GIME GIME I LOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEE THIS I HATED HOW WE COULDN'T DO THIS!!!!!!!!!

Zafkiel

Verified Member
Even so he was a very powerful bender even before he merged with Vatuu. After his merge I believe he got even stronger and in the show and in the thread he was the only one capable of doing this (besides Korra who was the Avatar)
Extraction was added to the plugin without even any single proof from the show but it felt logical for a metalbender to extract iron ore from the ground
so a move don't always need to be shown a lot of times in the show to be added it only needs to be logical and in that case taking water from a spout would be really logical after all the waterspout is made by water blocks so why wouldn't they be usable as a source ?

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Shift with WaterSpout >> Down.
Space with WaterSpout >> Up.
Click with WaterSpout >> Toggle.
If you tap space, click or shift with another ability than WaterSpout, the spout wouldn't move e cept for the sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.