• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Water reutilization

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueGhost

Verified Member
well for exemple you use a torrent or surge at someone, around the place it hit the person. In a 4 block radium there will be formed a water block formed that will look like this to imitate a water puddle:

Then you can go to the place where the person was hit and use this water to perfome you're next move. After you performe the secound move, the first water puddle will return to the original block and it will formed another puddle in place where the next person is it.
This way water benders can go out of water and still have water to fight with

HydroMan

Verified Member
well for exemple you use a torrent or surge at someone, around the place it hit the person. In a 4 block radium there will be formed a water block formed that will look like this to imitate a water puddle:

Then you can go to the place where the person was hit and use this water to perfome you're next move. After you performe the secound move, the first water puddle will return to the original block and it will formed another puddle in place where the next person is it.
This way water benders can go out of water and still have water to fight with
so a hole with water in it will be generated around 4 aways where you hit someone with waterbending move. Then you can use the water from the puddle and repeat the process. I like it

orfeas

Verified Member
You might be right, but what usually happens me is that went I go out of water to solid land I get totally overwhelm by other elements, air and fire don't even need a source just go right into you with an airswipe or an already charged fireball and earth is pretty much everywhere, just using a catapult and an earthquake to shot earth into my face... Not to say water is the element that take fall damage almost anywhere :(
Well most servers sadly have really short range(like 10 blocks) but on servers where the range is more reasonable you can use the new mechanics(the source ones) to go quite far away from water and attack.I find that that makes waterbending more balanced.Also that way if you do not want to spam and got a bottle you can make a watermanip go near you at the ground so it goes into the bottle and you can use it for torrent XD.Honestly i find that the key to balance is good servers.

Last edited:

BlueGhost

Verified Member
Yeah the new dynamics have made things a lot better.
Yes I agree! It really did.
But this would still help waterbender to go a bit further on land ;)

I've been thinking in changing the suggestion to what looks way better then my first idea, something like this:
2015-05-11_00.11.02.png 2015-05-11_00.16.29.png
What do you guys think? :D

BlueGhost

Verified Member
I like it!
With this new version if the water gets updated it instantly vanishes which avoids a lot of unnecessary coding. This also avoids someone accidentally falling in the puddle which would get annoying really fast. :p
So what do you think? Should I update te suggestion? Or make a complete new version? :rolleyes:

Sorin

Verified Member
With this new version if the water gets updated it instantly vanishes which avoids a lot of unnecessary coding. This also avoids someone accidentally falling in the puddle which would get annoying really fast. :p
So what do you think? Should I update te suggestion? Or make a complete new version? :rolleyes:
Update it.

BlueGhost

Verified Member
I think this would be good, but couldn't people flood with the layers of water? Just saying...
Technically yes, this could happen:
2015-05-11_00.13.18.png

But I what I'm thinking should happen is that if when the water layer "spawns" if there is already water layers in the 4 blocks around it then both get updated and desapear, so the max that can happen is something looking somewhere near this:
2015-05-13_15.34.39.png 2015-05-13_15.24.25.png

And anyway any update to the water layers make them desapear, which means with blaze or earthquake you can easilly get rid of them

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
So I had been thinking about suggesting something like this for a while, essentially exactly what you said, but a few differences. I just read this and realized somebody else beat me to it about a month ago... xD
Anyhow, I have an idea that might make it simpler, or a little different. I was going to call it "Splash Mechanics", due to how waterbending splashes upon impact, leaving behind water. Essentially, when a water block flows outward, it has about 7-8 levels of height as the water gets farther from the block. Each of these levels of the water is (hopefully) accessible using coding in the plugin. It might be possible to have the lowest level of the spreading water spawn on top of blocks, instead of your earlier idea, but keeping the same nature(ie only lasting 15 seconds or so before despawning). Just my two cents. I was thinking the puddles might only be able to be used for smaller moves. Not sure if it matters anymore. You can take any part of my ideas into your suggestion, if you want.

BlueGhost

Verified Member
So I had been thinking about suggesting something like this for a while, essentially exactly what you said, but a few differences. I just read this and realized somebody else beat me to it about a month ago... xD
Anyhow, I have an idea that might make it simpler, or a little different. I was going to call it "Splash Mechanics", due to how waterbending splashes upon impact, leaving behind water. Essentially, when a water block flows outward, it has about 7-8 levels of height as the water gets farther from the block. Each of these levels of the water is (hopefully) accessible using coding in the plugin. It might be possible to have the lowest level of the spreading water spawn on top of blocks, instead of your earlier idea, but keeping the same nature(ie only lasting 15 seconds or so before despawning). Just my two cents. I was thinking the puddles might only be able to be used for smaller moves. Not sure if it matters anymore. You can take any part of my ideas into your suggestion, if you want.
Read my last reply (before this one :p)
I've already though of that and I was going to change the suggestion :p

NickC1211

Verified Member
To be honest I really like this idea and it would give waterbending more realism which I think it needs. I think that the size of the puddle should depend on what move you do. For example a water manip would be like 1 water block while a surge would be like 4. But ya love this idea would love to see it added.

Status
Not open for further replies.