• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Water reutilization

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueGhost

Verified Member
I've always find it quite odd that within the plugin, when you use an water attack the water you used just vanishes. o_O What do you guys think of making waterbending look more realistic and canon that is does...?

In the show you pretty much always see waterbender bending the same water over and over again, principly from water skins (minecraft: water bottles), and from "water puddles" created by the bender while bending the water.
Therefore what I'm proposing is the creation of an kind of "water puddle" in 3 or 4 block radium of the place the water move hit a player, a mob or another move or even any solid block (either a wall or the floor), giving a bit of a splash idea of the water onto the floor! :D

With the new update to WorldEdit a new command was introduced, the command that alows you to spawn water layers, the command is //set water:(number), so I though of using water layers to make the "water puddles":
2015-05-10_13.12.29.png

By using //set water:6 you can get what I think is the perfect size to be used as what a minecraft water puddle should look like (2 water layers). Then you would be able to bend from it...
2015-05-11_00.14.25.png

This "water puddles" would have determined rules:
- To its creation:

1 would be created on top of any block within a 3 or 4 block radium horizontaly of the place the water move hit a player, a mob or another move;
2 in case of a water shield (surge), octopusform or something of that sort, it would be created within a 3 or 4 block radium horizontaly of the place the water of the move move was;

2015-05-10_23.55.49.png 2015-05-11_00.04.53.png 2015-05-11_00.08.33.png
- To its maintenance:
1 to avoid the world (and the arena floor) getting filled up with water, pretty much flooded, which would get so annoying. I'm proposing a quite small duration for the "water puddles" (just the enouth so that if the bender is in an place with lack of water or plats, he/she can use this water instead), something like 40 or 45 seconds as default (of course 100% configurable, and able to be turned off), before the water vanishies;
2015-05-13_15.24.25.png
2 If the block it forms on is a sand or gravel block then the duration of the "water puddle" will be around just 15 or 20 seconds (in order to represent what happens in reality in deserts and beaches, in sand on general, this would be 100% configurable and able to be turned off);
2015-05-11_00.16.29.png
3 the "water puddles" should be able to be used in order to fill water bottles (not buckets), if the player tries to fill a water botttle from the "poddle" it gets full and the water puddle immediantely vanishes;
4 if a "water puddle" gets updated it immediately vanishes (minecraft automatically does this)
2015-05-13_15.35.52.png 2015-05-13_15.35.55.png
This means that if earthquake or blaze (for example) is used on it then is instantly vanishes meaning there is an easy way for other player to get rid of them, as well as if a water puddle forms right next to another already existing them they both vanish
2015-05-11_00.13.18.png
Well, I think its everything I had to explain and I hope I've been clear. :rolleyes:

This addition to the PK plugin would make waterbending look more like in the show and make it so that waterbenres have another way to bend other then to keep in water all the time, this way reducing watercamping. I'm my self a waterbender and I hate camping, just use it as a last resource if no other choice is available. This suggestion is to give waterbenders that other choice.

If there is any douth in my suggestion, something you think should be changed or anything you would add, just let me know in the comments and I'll see what I can do about it. ;)

Last edited:

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
I don't feel like it's necessary seeing how when you bottle bend the water comes right back to you.

BlueGhost

Verified Member
I just think its odd for water to just vanishes in the air... o_O
In the show you pretty much always see water bender reusind the water they have used before and that has fallen in the floor!
Besides in the show you don't see waterbenderes bending from water skins (bottles) that often.
Not to say it awful to carry a bunch of water bottles, in some servers you don't even have permission to bottlebend and that each bottle uses an entire inventory space which is not really that pratical in survival... :(
And my idea would help minimize the number of watercamperes or at least takes them the reason usually given by them to watercamp, the lack of water sources... :rolleyes:

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
I just think its odd for water to just vanishes in the air... o_O
In the show you pretty much always see water bender reusind the water they have used before and that has fallen in the floor!
Besides in the show you don't see waterbenderes bending from water skins (bottles) that often.
Not to say it awful to carry a bunch of water bottles, in some servers you don't even have permission to bottlebend and that each bottle uses an entire inventory space which is not really that pratical in survival... :(
And my idea would help minimize the number of watercamperes or at least takes them the reason usually given by them to watercamp, the lack of water sources... :rolleyes:
It doesn't vanish, it either looses its form and lands on the ground, but not enough to create a typical minecraft puddle, or the water soaks their clothing ;)
It depends on where you are. Yeah, well if some don't allow bottlebending, then go to a different one, and they only take up 1 of 36 inventory, when at most we've seen a waterbender carry 3 water skins
Well the issue with that is they would have to aim at the puddle, which most campers won't even do. They just spam shift and click at a massive body of water.

BlueGhost

Verified Member
Well, yes I know they will still do it, I do know this won't make them stop watercamping unfortunately :(
I'm usually a waterbender and hate to see others watercamping, but what I was trying with this suggestion is to give waterbenders like me (the few that exist) a better chance out of water, without having to resort to items :confused:

By the way, just remembered of another to do this without using an entire block of water and without having to actually replace the block beneath the "water puddle" :D
It would look much more natural and way easier to do. I can make another suggestion with it instead.
If you guys want me to :p

Last edited:

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Well, yes I know they will still do it, I do know this won't make them stop watercamping unfortunately :(
I'm usually a waterbender and hate to see others watercamping, but what I was trying with this suggestion is make watercamperes like me (the few that exist) a better chance out of water, without having to resort items :confused:

By the way, just remembered of another to do this without using an entire block of water and without having to actually replace the block beneath the "water puddle" :D
It would look much more natural and way easier to do. I can make another suggestion with it instead.
If you guys want me to :p
I still think the fact that water needs a source or bottles (which is fair) balances the versatility of their move set.

BlueGhost

Verified Member
Yes I do kind of agree with that, but my suggestion would be for just another kind of source, which would be a bit farther away form water and would be just temporary so that the waterbender can choose which source he/she wants to use, in order to encorage waterbender to fight out of the ocean or lakes... There could be actually an percentage for "water puddles" to be created, something like 80% by default... I don't know :p

My other idea would be using a one water layer :p
I'll explain better if you want :)

Last edited:

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
I still feel like it isn't neccesary because for the most part water seems pretty balanced

BlueGhost

Verified Member
You might be right, but what usually happens me is that went I go out of water to solid land I get totally overwhelm by other elements, air and fire don't even need a source just go right into you with an airswipe or an already charged fireball and earth is pretty much everywhere, just using a catapult and an earthquake to shot earth into my face... Not to say water is the element that take fall damage almost anywhere :(

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
You might be right, but what usually happens me is that went I go out of water to solid land I get totally overwhelm by other elements, air and fire don't even need a source just go right into you with an airswipe or an already charged fireball and earth is pretty much everywhere, just using a catapult and an earthquake to shot earth into my face... Not to say water is the element that take fall damage almost anywhere :(
Well that's why you need to use a better strategt, and or go to arenas that are balanced and aren't filled with teamers.

BlueGhost

Verified Member
Alright, alright...
But I still think it would make the plugin look more like the show :p
Even if just for the RPG plugin :p

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Alright, alright...
But I still think it would make the plugin look more like the show :p
Even if just for the RPG plugin :p
I do agree it's neat, but I don't think they should be looking at this kind of, highly aesthetic mechanic changes this early in to the other plugins development

BlueGhost

Verified Member
I think you might be right, I'll be mensioning something like this later, and maybe just for the RPG :D

HydroMan

Verified Member
I can't get your all suggested thingy. What are you referring by "existing solid non-transparent block"?

BlueGhost

Verified Member
That where a "water poddle" forms there needs to be blocks underneath it and all around it.
And non of those can be glass, leafs, stairs, slabs, etc...
:)

HydroMan

Verified Member
That where a "water poddle" forms there needs to be blocks underneath it and all around it.
And non of those can be glass, leafs, stairs, slabs, etc...
:)
What kind block? water? So you mean the one hole has to be 2 blocks down(filled with water)

BlueGhost

Verified Member
No, no
just one block of water 1 by 1 by1
around it all solid blocks, like sand, gravel, dirt, stone, iron, even maybe gold or diamond blocks (any solid block in the game can be there, the only ones that can are tranparemt blocks
but the water formed will just be 1/1/1

HydroMan

Verified Member
No, no
just one block of water 1 by 1 by1
around it all solid blocks, like sand, gravel, dirt, stone, iron, even maybe gold or diamond blocks (any solid block in the game can be there, the only ones that can are tranparemt blocks
but the water formed will just be 1/1/1
Can you give me a brief explanation or better a scenario example what is this abt and how would this work..i'm not getting it much well o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.