• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Water Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonfreak357

Verified Member
I hope I am posting this in the correct place. I am familiar with this plugin, and I love it, but new to this website. Please bare with me.

Water arms/tendrils/tentacles were used by the armless waterbender, Ming Hua, in The Legend of Korra book 3. I thought it could be an ability in this plugin. It is also an alternative to bottles because my concept will have the tendrils staying attached to a player at all times after toggling. The tendrils will disappear if slots are switched. The tendrils would be around 9-12 blocks long. You (the developers) are more than welcome to customize the length. Also, if you have any suggestions to make this less OP, or better, I will gladly accept them. Also, the amount of damage done with each of these abilities is up to you! I hope you like it!

WaterSpin (Still trying to think of a better name) - Shift tap while looking at a source block, including plants, and click (left or right click) to toggle the water arms. Spinning (moving your mouse) would make the water tendrils spin with you, blocking PORJECTILE ATTACKS ONLY and you CANNOT attack while in this form, so your options are very limited when using this defensive ability. Players who run into this while the user is spinning will cause them to be knocked over to the side, depending on which way the user spins. Because the user spinning, motion is also very limited, too.

Puncture - Click a source, and shift tap to toggle the water arms. Clicking will extend the arm, hitting a player, and retract back. Depending on left or right click, the left or right tendril will extend. In addition, clicking during mid-fire will grab the opponent for two seconds (you may also customize the grab time), and the user, will have complete control of your extended water tendril. Because this ability is able to be toggled, a player can sprint with this, but It will a cooldown of 3-5 seconds for BOTH LEFT AND RIGHT tendrils.

IceBullet - Shift at a source and click to toggle. This ability would freeze the tips of the tendrils right away when toggled on. Tapping shift will shoot ice blocks at a fast (but not too fast) speed. You can only shoot three ice blocks consecutively before waiting a cooldown of 5 seconds.

IceRazor - shift tapping at a source block and clicking will toggle the tendrils on, also freezing the tips when toggled on. Spinning will cause the tendrils to spin with the user, and the frozen tips will knock the opponent to the side depending on which direction the user is spinning. This ability will disappear after 5-7 seconds and have a cooldown of 15-20 seconds. Ice Razor can be optional if it is too OP.

Note that each ability, beside waterspin, has a cooldown to keep from being spammed. I hope this is not too complex. image.jpgimage.jpg

Dragonfreak357

Verified Member
Sorry, I just saw something about why this can't be done because one arm is controllable in Minecraft. I'm not completely sure if left and right clicking will still use the left and right arm. Perhaps WaterSpin, IceRazor, and IceBullet is a little more reasonable.

Sekoshiba

Verified Member
Waterspin-- skill-based and seen in the show multiple times, as well as a neat defensive skill, I approve.

Puncture-- Seen in the show and I like the optional left/right arm attacks AND the grab which has been suggested a few times throughout the forums, I approve.

Ice bullet-- Tapping shift to launch the attacks seems a little strange, but otherwise similar things to this have been suggested and I think it's a neat idea, I approve.

Ice Razor-- Skill-based and if I'm not mistaken a new skill I've not seen suggested before, It's also super cool, I approve.

Overall I like the abilities you've suggested, although I think that sticking with the tradition "click to select source", "shift to create the form", and then "click" to attack. That's more familiar to players, I think.

Again, Neat ideas!

Edit: When I say "I approve" I mean to specify individually which moves I like, Hartford. Perhaps you should do the same instead of chastising me for actually giving feedback? ;)

Last edited:

Dragonfreak357

Verified Member
Waterspin-- skill-based and seen in the show multiple times, as well as a neat defensive skill, I approve.

Puncture-- Seen in the show and I like the optional left/right arm attacks AND the grab which has been suggested a few times throughout the forums, I approve.

Ice bullet-- Tapping shift to launch the attacks seems a little strange, but otherwise similar things to this have been suggested and I think it's a neat idea, I approve.

Ice Razor-- Skill-based and if I'm not mistaken a new skill I've not seen suggested before, It's also super cool, I approve.

Overall I like the abilities you've suggested, although I think that sticking with the tradition "click to select source", "shift to create the form", and then "click" to attack. That's more familiar to players, I think.

Again, Neat ideas!

Edit: When I say "I approve" I mean to specify individually which moves I like, Hartford. Perhaps you should do the same instead of chastising me for actually giving feedback? ;)
It doesn't always have to be the same. I was thinking of togglable forms. Thanks for you feedback! I understand what you mean! I've seen a couple water arm ideas, and they all seem to complicated. I decided to sinplify and break it down to make it easier to code and to have more possibilities with this form by making 4 seperate moves

Sekoshiba

Verified Member
What do you mean?
He appears to be reviewing my post instead of your suggestions... err... This forum is usually great for feedback and the community is really nice and all, but there are a couple kids that just post weird stuff from time to time. Don't let that put you off posting though, There's way more people that are passionate about what they're doing! ^^

Dragonfreak357

Verified Member
He appears to be reviewing my post instead of your suggestions... err... This forum is usually great for feedback and the community is really nice and all, but there are a couple kids that just post weird stuff from time to time. Don't let that put you off posting though, There's way more people that are passionate about what they're doing! ^^
I'm not sure if left/right arm attacks are doable, but I'm still taking advantage of controlling without clicking. I got this idea with torrent, I could control the stream with my mouse, so maybe attacks or abilities could non-click controls to make it more doable.

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Water Arms are out, the lead developer has spoken about this and we will not be creating that ability. Sorry!

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Time and time again I have denied any suggestion related to WaterArms because it is not practical in a Minecraft sense. Your suggestion was well put together, however, WaterArms in Minecraft will not work because you only ever have control over one of your arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.