• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Virtual Reality

owlcool

Verified Member
By "do it" I think you mean kill you. Probably not. We have all watched the Matrix and there would be tons of regulations involving aborting the dive.
Probably not on a year like 2022. Sorry, but I just don't have tons of faith in our government's ability to adapt to the future.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
Probably not on a year like 2022. Sorry, but I just don't have tons of faith in our government's ability to adapt to the future.
There will be tons of testing before it is even considered for human use, as direct alterations to the brain are dangerous.

Gamzee

God Tier Member
Verified Member
After years of their use.
And we care a lot more about safety now. It takes over a decade for many medical procedures to be okay to use on the public, and they aren't as risky as tapping into the brain.

Joeri

Verified Member
I don't believe EMP pulses actually hurt your brain, but there would most likely be an manual shutdown button, or maybe just wait for it to run out of battery life.
yea, i never understood why they just didn't let the battery run out lol. Or removing the batteries completly at once, giving the system no time to react thus escaping from death

owlcool

Verified Member
yea, i never understood why they just didn't let the battery run out lol. Or removing the batteries completly at once, giving the system no time to react thus escaping from death
Because it has standards within the electronics that make it extremely difficult to do so? Perhaps it's internal battery has a casing similar to the 3ds's. If you unscrewed one of those screws while playing the game, microwaves.

If you dump water on it: Waterproof.
Etc.

Hero

Verified Member
And we care a lot more about safety now. It takes over a decade for many medical procedures to be okay to use on the public, and they aren't as risky as tapping into the brain.
The general public is so hyped up about safety that if anyone saw an able teenager walking down a farmers market alone, everyone will bat an eye...

Migsel

Verified Member
I'd personally not want to live in a virtual world where everyone is in their own little world. Yes, I do love being a system administrator, but at the end of the day, I still want to have a wife and forward the human race by reproducing.
;)

owlcool

Verified Member
Maybe we can let the blind people see.
Not in real life, but the same technology used in advanced virtual reality could be used to transmit how objects look like to the brain. This would be more suited towards people with actual eye damage then people with problems with their brain that cause them to be unable to see.