• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pride

NOT A COMBO. REGULAR MOVE.

No, not those ridiculously hilarious short videos on YouTube, but as actual vines that can grab or attack people.
In the Avatar: The Last Airbender cartoon, in the giant swamp, those swamp people are able to waterbend vines that can attack or grab people.

Usage:

a: Left click if people are near grasses or trees, or any type of plant material, and they would be tangled within the vines underneath or above them. (When you're tangled, you get the paralyze effect. Or it just gives you slowness and negative jump boost.)

b: Hold shift to grab plant material from around you to use as a whip, or to grab someone. (Grabbing would have to shift when in Vine Mode, attacking would have to left click. Whip looks like a whip, but in leaf blocks. Range = 20 blocks.)

I might actually consider making this later in the future, but it'll be nice if a dev or anyone would take a look at this right now. :D

Last edited:
Next time, please include details ;) A lot of questions can then burst out:

Like what happens If you get (in minecraft) tangled? Does it prevent from bending or stop you moving? Does it tangle around player's neck and start chocking 'em.
What is a whip? How does it look like? Is it a snake out of leafs shaped, particles, a lead item?
Grab someone? In close range and far range? Grab - paralyze or follows your cursor, or it doesn't but you can take them for a walk (with invisible leash so to speak)?

Would this be an ability or a combo? Passive perhaps?

Pride

Next time, please include details ;) A lot of questions can then burst out:

Like what happens If you get (in minecraft) tangled? Does it prevent from bending or stop you moving?
What is a whip? How does it look like? Is it a snake out of leafs shaped, particles, a lead item?
Grab someone? In close range and far range? Grab - paralyze or follows your cursor, or it doesn't but you can take them for a walk (with invisible leash so to speak)?
k

Pride

I do like your suggestions, despite it being repeated by a few other members :) Will grap work like waterarms' mode?
Lmao, thanks. :)
It's sad that my suggestion about Acrobatics turned into a Chi passive. e.e
That's sad. I'm sad. I miss you.

And the grab effect? Uhh, yes, actually. But instead of you being moved around, it'll lock you in place. :D

K. I think If the targeted player is under a leaf or just sitting there under the tree, a vine (actual jungle block) should sprout downwards and entangle the player.

Oh. Though you refer to tall grass, because that's how those suggested did include that block, lol. Probably tall grass does kind in a way resemble vines more, so it's a no suprise.

Loony

In the Avatar: The Last Airbender cartoon
Sorry I've never seen it.

There have been internal versions of vine manipulation that we tried a long time ago and they just didn't work well in-game, especially for fighting. On top of that, if we were going to expand on (plant) vinebending, we could do a lot more than this concept. Suggestion denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.