• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Torrent Redirecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

6tijn

Verified Member
If Torrent is so easily redirected it's useless. I don't really like this idea. Not all watermpves should be rederectable. I think moves that can block the attack rather then rederect it make more sense.

Hero

Verified Member
If Torrent is so easily redirected it's useless. I don't really like this idea. Not all watermpves should be rederectable. I think moves that can block the attack rather then rederect it make more sense.
I understand why you wouldn't like it, but water is pretty much redirection...

6tijn

Verified Member
I understand why you wouldn't like it, but water is pretty much redirection...
I really understand that water is about redirection, but it should not get added in this way.
Why? Because how it is described here, you just select that Torrent coming at you to redirect it. That basicly means that when ever you attack an other waterbender, they can just redirect it and or

1)
shoot it back so you can redirect it again, and so on and on...
2) let it disappear, by first redirecting it and let go shift.

How are you Ever going to hit a waterbender with Torrent now? Torrent is a very important move in waterbending. I think that, when this get added, almost no waterbender will use Torrent anymore because it's so easily blocked -> useless.

Hero

Verified Member
Yes but as it is described here, you just select that Torrent coming at you to redirect it. That basicly means that when ever you attack an other waterbender, they can just redirect it and or 1) shoot it back so you can redirect it again. 2) let it disappear.
How are Ever going to hit a waterbender with Torrent now? Torrent is a very important move in waterbending.
I still think that, when this get added, almost no waterbender will use Torrent anymore because it's so easily blocked.
Its easily blocked now XD

EndersShadows

Verified Member
That doesn't stop people from spamming watermanipulation. They know it's so easily blocked and redirected, but they still do it? Are not all river fights based off who can redirect the other person's watermanipulation and/or out manipulate them?

And who said redirecting torrent should be easy? If the assailant can manipulate torrent well enough, are you so sure it will be easily redirected?

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I know a guy, he spams torrent a lot. I block it by hitting his torrent with mine, and then going straigt on to his head. I know it would make sense to be able to redirect it, but it just isn't good for minecraft mechanics....

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Denied:

Not every ability needs a redirect feature, this would be more annoying than anything. The best way to get out of being hit by a Torrent is to get out of the way, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.