• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Torrent Redirecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

EndersShadows

Verified Member
Element:
Water
Basic idea:
Allow waterbenders to "steal" another players torrent and use it for their own attack.

How to preform:
When looking at another players torrent, punch -> hold shift, to "steal" opposing players torrent and use as your own.

Other features:
"Stealing" a torrent would require the torrent to be within a certain amount of blocks.

Pros:
+ Forces players to add more twists and complex movements into their torrent in order to deal damage.
+ Create more interesting waterbending fights.
+ Help master benders be distinguished from new players.

Cons:
- Waterbending fights could last longer.

Gif to help visualize:

Please post feedback on what could be added to the "Pros" and "Cons" lists.

Last edited:

orfeas

Verified Member
I really think that this is a great idea but just not to get to boring i would say that the water must be at least 4 block away from you so it is not so easy to redirect

6tijn

Verified Member
I don't really like this. Torrent is like the only unredirectable move. I think this would turn out in waterbenders fights who keep redirecting torrent for like ages. If it's not unredirectable, you need more strategy and use your environment against them. Not all attacks should be unrederectable.

Hero

Verified Member
I don't really like this. Torrent is like the only unredirectable move. I think this would turn out in waterbenders fights who keep redirecting torrent for like ages. If it's not unredirectable, you need more strategy and use your environment against them. Not all attacks should be unrederectable.
You cant redirect surge and most water fights are just spammers :/

EndersShadows

Verified Member
Who's honestly going to spam torrent the entire time? Whenever I am fighting with another water I only end up using torrent once. That one torrent is usually what ends their life. Would it not be a good idea for the defendant to be able to have a last chance in fights where torrent will likely kill them?

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
Element:
Water
Basic idea:
Allow waterbenders to "steal" another players torrent and use it for their own attack.

How to preform:
When looking at another players torrent, punch -> hold shift, to "steal" opposing players torrent and use as your own.

Other features:
"Stealing" a torrent would require the torrent to be within a certain amount of blocks.

Pros:
+ Forces players to add more twists and complex movements into their torrent in order to deal damage.
+ Create more interesting waterbending fights.
+ Help master benders be distinguished from new players.

Cons:
- Waterbending fights could last longer.

Gif to help visualize:

Please post feedback on what could be added to the "Pros" and "Cons" lists.
yussss <3<3<3<3<3<3 pweaasseeeeeeee add this asap <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3 waterbending needs alot of work done for it to match its true nature we need to flow what better to introduce flow to it than redirection :D:D:D:D:D:D

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
I don't like this idea. As you can see in the gif, it could go on forever...
thats the point i use watermanip with my friends to practice allll the time and it makes amazing waterbenders :D:D:D:D:D technicaly any bending could go on forever this is the point of waterbendingggg to control and flow with your bending :D:D:D (surge wall also makes for great flow practice) to ensure smoothness and accuracy and always good when fighting multiple people as a server owner i get attacked and challenged alot lol need to even up the odds a bit

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
also to cover all aspects of the waterbending class this would make alot of sence..... i mean look at earthbending now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.