• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Tips On Making Suggetions

Moonelight

Verified Member
Hello! I have been going through suggestions recently, and often finding people who are not including enough information. This can be very troubling for us Concept Designers, because we're the ones who are supposed to read your suggestions! So to try and help solve this problem, I'd like to give you all some tips on how to make suggestions like I do.

Organzing Your Suggestion
It's pretty difficult to read any suggestions which are not organized, and it can also be kind of irritating! How I organize my suggestions is by dividing the idea into multiple parts. Most often I divide my idea into "How it works", and "What it does". If you're able to, providing a visual of the move would be great.

When dividing your idea into multiple parts, you're going to want to know which parts of the idea belong in which section. How I make sure I divide my idea correctly, is by including parts which describe how the move is executed and what happens when executed/reasoning for it, in "How it works". And I take ideas which describe what the move does and how it can effect users or land in "What it does". Extra info I always put at the bottoms of suggestions, or wherever they may seem relevant.

ONLY Needed Information
When creating a suggestion, you don't want to put out random phrases, or information that will not help us understand what is going on. You need to make sure you stay on topic. Staying on topic makes the user more likely to read your post, and actually take it seriously. Filling in space to make your suggestion seem longer is also not needed.

Do's and Dont's
Do not ever tag Staff Members in your suggestion, it will NOT raise your chances of being noticed. Please do not ever color/resize all of your suggestion's text, it only makes things harder to read! DO NOT EVER make a suggestion for a suggestion, these will NOT be considered! ALWAYS make sure your grammar is acceptable! Do include visual proof/visual representations for your suggestion, it makes things a whole lot easier, and raises your chances for having the move put into the plugin! It is never a bad idea to also take suggestions for improving your concept from the users who comment on your suggestion, trust me on this!

Here is an example of a suggestion I have made, it will give you an idea on how to make one!
Snow Surf
This is a bs move I have made up! :)

How it works
When you are on snow, you may hold down shift to begin "surfing" on the ground. This would represent Fast Swim, only above water! Once shift is released, your character will no longer be "surfing".

Note: This would contain a bunch of snow particles at the feet to represent snow being moved.

What it does
It simply causes you to glide around on land with fast speeds, as long as you are on snow.

Example
(insert photo here)

I hope you get something good out of this post! If not, I am sorry.
Enjoy :)

~ Easte

HydroMan

Verified Member
@Mist, how about instead of leaving this in place for people to forget it and new members will not even notice this, you could move this to suggestion section and set this with Important prefix, or, better yet, move this reply to your disclaimer post. I think this would bring a bigger/wider attention as there some who will make a suggestion without checking the general discussion section, as they won't know it that this post is here and this post would just shorty on the first page anyway. Just an idea I'm giving for a greater good and make it beneficalm for the sake of not needing to remind it to everyone to be detail in their suggestion. :)

HydroMan

Verified Member
Not just with this thread, but do it with the very first threads at top of this (in first page) made by Vicdom and ashe36.

Sosy13

Verified Member
Great and useful post, Mostly for people who are new on pk and don't know how to make effective and successful suggestions. I have taken good things from it, too! :D