• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Techniques and combos for pvp

Penribon

I want people to post what techniques they use for the different elements, which abilities work good with others, and combos for avatars. I do not really see a post or website for anyone talking about the actual fighting of the plugin like what I said in the beginning. I hope this post gets a lot of replies with what they do, how they bind their keys, and etc. Thanks - Penribon

owlcool

In reality I would recommend making your own set of strategies and occasionally switch to make yourself unpredictable.

Verdinhox2

i use airswipe and evasive techniques, like i try to avoid other attacks, go to his back, and then i use airswipe, and avoid again, it's really useful against firebenders and other airbenders, the only good opponent is the one who use the same technique as i use, but it's hard to find anyone, i only know one guy

V

Vidcom

i use airswipe and evasive techniques, like i try to avoid other attacks, go to his back, and then i use airswipe, and avoid again, it's really useful against firebenders and other airbenders, the only good opponent is the one who use the same technique as i use, but it's hard to find anyone, i only know one guy
YOU!

V

Vidcom

Personally, it varies by element. For Earthbending, ensure you are permanently using your terrain. Individual shots are mostly useless for an element that can be fairly slow in its own movements, regardless of how quick you are. Air, you want to be fast, evasive, and get behind them at all times, but always keep up a ridiculous speed via airblast, and be ready to drop out of combat and fly off whenever. Fire, try and command some aspect of dominance over the fight.

owlcool

Personally, it varies by element. For Earthbending, ensure you are permanently using your terrain. Individual shots are mostly useless for an element that can be fairly slow in its own movements, regardless of how quick you are. Air, you want to be fast, evasive, and get behind them at all times, but always keep up a ridiculous speed via airblast, and be ready to drop out of combat and fly off whenever. Fire, try and command some aspect of dominance over the fight.
And for fire you never want to stop moving. That opens you up to certain moves like the cone shaped shockwave. If you keep moving, and well, the only thing you will have to fear is earthgrab spammers and raise earth spammers. Fire is either good at close range, like with me, or long range, like what certain people do. With either a good tip is that you can charge moves like lightning, fireblast, and even fireburst while firejetting. Each one of those you might have to wait a second or two to use after charging throughout the firejet. You can change the direction of firejet by changing where you look, so make sure you are looking in the right direction. Final tip, if you want to be truly powerful using Firebending, be accurate and do as little damage to the environment as possible. Less mobility if their are holes in the ground.

Last edited:

owlcool

Also, there are certain websites I could share, but those are mostly on certain server forums, ones that are not even for good servers. And then there are tricks on there that don't work, thanks to certain buffs or debuffs throughout time. Just saying that there is no one good website for bending advice. Tip: I call this air catapult. Shift airblast on the block you are standing, look in the direction you want to go, jump and while in the air click in the direction you want to go. Just click straight up if you just want to use it for something like charging airswipe. If you switch to air burst right before you hit the ground, the mechanic for it going off when falling a height will be set off. Hope that helps if you are a airbender. If you just want immunity, you can airspout, once you reach a certain height hold shift and space to make a almost impenetrable Airshield.

V

Vidcom

Also, there are certain websites I could share, but those are mostly on certain server forums, ones that are not even for good servers. And then there are tricks on there that don't work, thanks to certain buffs or debuffs throughout time. Just saying that there is no one good website for bending advice. Tip: I call this air catapult. Shift airblast on the block you are standing, look in the direction you want to go, jump and while in the air click in the direction you want to go. Just click straight up if you just want to use it for something like charging airswipe. If you switch to air burst right before you hit the ground, the mechanic for it going off when falling a height will be set off. Hope that helps if you are a airbender. If you just want immunity, you can airspout, once you reach a certain height hold shift and space to make a almost impenetrable Airshield.
While we're talking about Air, the (surprisingly common) trick with AirBlast also works backwards with AirSuction!

Gamzee

God Tier Member
A strategy I find very effective against Earthbenders as fire. Use FireJet and charge FireBlast or Burst during it. After you use your charged moves right in front of them throw down a WallOfFire. Proceed to use FireBlast and Blaze extensively. This kills me everytime as an Earthbender.

V

Vidcom

A strategy I find very effective against Earthbenders as fire. Use FireJet and charge FireBlast or Burst during it. After you use your charged moves right in front of them throw down a WallOfFire. Proceed to use FireBlast and Blaze extensively. This kills me everytime as an Earthbender.
My advice would be to catapult out if you recognise that coming :p

Majorite

A waterbender trick would be to always stay moving. Try the best you can to stay near a lot of plants and water. Slow down Airbenders with IceSpike/Blast. Draw Earthbenders and Firebenders in your element.

owlcool

While we're talking about Air, the (surprisingly common) trick with AirBlast also works backwards with AirSuction!
A mean but necessary trick with air is to use airsuction to take Waterbenders away from their sources and Earthbenders into the ocean.

owlcool

You can also clear vegetation in minecraft with airswipe as a means to get rid of grass and flowers.

V

Vidcom

A mean but necessary trick with air is to use airsuction to take Waterbenders away from their sources and Earthbenders into the ocean.
Not mean, tactical :p best thing to do with water is to just constantly dance around them because they just kinda melt unless they know what they're doing. Waterbenders often use their water very slowly so

owlcool

Not mean, tactical :p best thing to do with water is to just constantly dance around them because they just kinda melt unless they know what they're doing. Waterbenders often use their water very slowly so
Airswipe can destroy tons of vegetation, so airbender a can make it near impossible to plant bend by making your source disappear before you use it with air swipe, while still damaging you with airswipe.

V

Vidcom

Airswipe can destroy tons of vegetation, so airbender a can make it near impossible to plant bend by making your source disappear before you use it with air swipe, while still damaging you with airswipe.
I make a point of swiping off the plants at the start of a fight against water

Verdinhox2

as an earthbender vs a firebender, it's better to you choose the defensive mode, first you block the firebender attacks and when u see the chance to attack you attack. Like this

Blaze: RaiseEarth

Fireblast: raiseearth or earthblast as when you launch a earthblast in the direction of the fireblast both will disappear

Firejet: make sure they don't get behind you

Walloffire: DON'T TOUCH IT

lightning: block his vision raiseearth or earthgrab are good , then they can't see you and can't use lightning on you

when they attack they have a cooldown, then you attack

owlcool

as an earthbender vs a firebender, it's better to you choose the defensive mode, first you block the firebender attacks and when u see the chance to attack you attack. Like this

Blaze: RaiseEarth

Fireblast: raiseearth or earthblast as when you launch a earthblast in the direction of the fireblast both will disappear

Firejet: make sure they don't get behind you

Walloffire: DON'T TOUCH IT

lightning: block his vision raiseearth or earthgrab are good , then they can't see you and can't use lightning on you

when they attack they have a cooldown, then you attack
Not bad, maybe I will actually be able to fight as a Earthbender against other elements then earth. :D