• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Techniques and combos for pvp

Sekoshiba

For water generally if you can find a river or ocean you should just own it, try to do damage to enemies while occasionally healing yourself, water-manipulation and torrent have decent range, so usually this works.

On land is a bit trickier, you -need- to freeze people the moment they shift for anything longer than a tap, redirect your attacks mid flight, and create ice barriers with torrent so you have cover from long-range attacks

For air you need to stay hyper mobile, Generally you can ping yourself away if injured and charge air-burst mid-flight so when you land you clear the area -fast-. Air-scooter is 50% amazing and 50% literally hitler-- sometimes it works and sometimes it leaves you open, when it does work you can easily get behind an opponent and hit 'em. An alternative is if you're pure evil and involves luring an enemy up a mountain via a barrage of your feather-soft moves and then LAUNCHING THEM STRAIGHT TO HELL.

owlcool

For water generally if you can find a river or ocean you should just own it, try to do damage to enemies while occasionally healing yourself, water-manipulation and torrent have decent range, so usually this works.

On land is a bit trickier, you -need- to freeze people the moment they shift for anything longer than a tap, redirect your attacks mid flight, and create ice barriers with torrent so you have cover from long-range attacks

For air you need to stay hyper mobile, Generally you can ping yourself away if injured and charge air-burst mid-flight so when you land you clear the area -fast-. Air-scooter is 50% amazing and 50% literally hitler-- sometimes it works and sometimes it leaves you open, when it does work you can easily get behind an opponent and hit 'em. An alternative is if you're pure evil and involves luring an enemy up a mountain via a barrage of your feather-soft moves and then LAUNCHING THEM STRAIGHT TO HELL.
Doubt that last bit works against other airbenders, but that ain't any of my business

Joeri

For water you need to make sure you always have a good source, never get to far away from it. Underwater your like protected, earthblasts, airswipes, fireblasts cannot hit you, so it handy to go underwater while healing

Torrent is handy as finishing touch as it is controllable (Watermani is aswell, but not as much)

Tenket

I rate the technical ability required for each element as following
Water>Earth>Fire>Air

Water is a bitch as you need to be near a source block all the time. Bottle bending helps this. Especially for surprising people. Use sources from around at first, but then BAM. Surge to the fking face.

Earth is tricky as you have heaps of moves to use. The source blocks are all around but damn. Defensive is hard ot pick up. Block and attack at the right time. Only way to go.

Fire is great for offense but you got to be fast/smart to not set yourself on fire. I like to light up the joint and see how they do. Different for each element of course. But just high intensity damage is good

Air is good because its difficult to screw yourself. Your passive saves you from most things. But the damage output can be a bit low. Its a sustain battle. If you arent winning then scram.

TheSkyKing

For air, your environment should affect your fighting style. Whenever im in a semi close range environment, i never stop moving. This hit and run technique is good for wearing your opponent down physically and mentally(theyll get frustrated and get sloppy). If you have more space, air blast is life. I use airblast to do combos and charge swipe. Its good for dodging and confusing opponents. When fighting other air. never lose sight of the opponent. Air combat takes patience and focus

When fighting water against fire or earth, I find it helpful to use torrent as a hook to pull them down into the water with you, then you may finish them off with watermanipulation while they try to recover to land. This works with air, but they can easily spout above the water to escape it.

X_Eco

For water benders:

When fighting a firebender always move.They have quick attack.So I suggest water wave and surge then at a very long distant use torrent then go in with water wave or something then finish them with a few water manipulation.

When fighting Earth bender be careful of shockwaves.Also it might be evil if you make ice where they catapult.Also a cheap trick is freeze them in torrent or surge then spam click them with octopus form.Also be very careful of earth grab then that lava moat move combo.It's evil!You can also torrent them from a far you if want to.

When fighting air bender stop their movement.Whether you freeze them in ice or use ice blast or ice spike to slow them down.You must stop them dancing around.If they use air shield just use torrent then freeze them.

When fighting water bender you can use their water source against them.Frezze the source then spam ice blast.Otherwise you just have to adapt to their attack like the pull and push of the moon and ocean.

Migsel

As air, usually I airblast around and charge airswipe while in the air and that usually works. Sometimes, it gets hard to land close to your opponent because of the way airblast shoots you. BTW Trying to run away from an airbender while not an airbender is not very helpful, except for if you spam catapult.

vidant829

Something that I usually do as an Airbender is to send a twister to the left of my opponent. Knowing that they would try avoiding it by either staying on the right or going all the way to left of it, I would then would use AirSwipe twice to land multiple hits as well nudging them closer to the path of twister. In the case that the opponent still manages to avoid it, I can still counter any proceeding attack with AirSweep and from then on; fight on instinct.

owlcool

Something that I usually do as an Airbender is to send a twister to the left of my opponent. Knowing that they would try avoiding it by either staying on the right or going all the way to left of it, I would then would use AirSwipe twice to land multiple hits as well nudging them closer to the path of twister. In the case that the opponent still manages to avoid it, I can still counter any proceeding attack with AirSweep and from then on; fight on instinct.
On my server tornado gently pushes you to the side. :(

orfeas

For water:If you have water bottles but they are empty and there are some sources far away just to water manipulation from those sources(you can select a source from far away with watermanipulation) so then the water travels to your bottle.Also if you are fighting a fire or earth bender and you are fighing on ice or your opponent is standing on grass then you can select the source below them with surge(tap shift) and then look hight and left click to launch a wave below them that will make them fly on the air and when land on ice they will die.If you are fighting an earth bender on bendable land that technique is useless.Also water benders can use surge shield with water bottles to land safely!

orfeas

Also if you are a water bender and you are fighting an airbender and he runs close to you,use torrent but do not lunch it.Just let it flow around you so the airbender will run into it and get damaged.Also octopus for is useful for a situation like this.

vidant829

Also if you are a water bender and you are fighting an airbender and he runs close to you,use torrent but do not lunch it.Just let it flow around you so the airbender will run into it and get damaged.Also octopus for is useful for a situation like this.
Most Airbenders will know better than to run into something that will damage them and if they don't, they'll get the hint after making contact once. Since most air moves, especially AirSwipe; can go through both Torrent and OctopusForm, you'll be leaving yourself wide open for an attack.

Last edited:

TheSkyKing

The best tip for any air bender out there is this: perfect your timing and never lose focus. Learn the timing of when your opponent uses water manip, fireblast, earthblast or anyother move. With good timing, youll block their attacks and deal damage aswell. As I mentioned earlier, air combat is a battle of attrition. A battle may last for up to 45 minutes. Dont get impatient. Air benders have alot of self discipline and our combat should reflect that aswell. Never lose sight of the enemy either. If that happens, air blast up and away and while youre in the air, scan the environment. If you think that youre opponent is close to death, go in for the kill while still fighting smart.
*extra tip: if you lose sight of the opponent, do what I said earlier but on your way up, reload the chunks. As chunks reload, players and entinties within render distance become visible.

orfeas

Most Airbenders will know better than to run into something that will damage them and if they don't, they'll get the hint after making contact once. Since most air moves, especially AirSwipe which can go through both Torrent and OctopusForm, you'll be leaving yourself wide open for an attack.
if you do it a second before the touch you they will not have enough time to react. Belive me
Also you can make barriers with torrent so you are not wide open And if you are fighting near a watersourse you can freeze it and then use ice blast that will stop them from moving.

owlcool

Easy way to beat earthbenders as a firebender. (If fireblast and firejet works on your server)
Firejet-Fireblast Combo. You can start charging fireblast right after you click firejet, and then about a moment after you land you can make them see nothing but explosioness for a second or two. Use that second to your advantage, either fireblast or blaze them. Then firejet to the other side of your opponent, and just repeat. This is a decent trick, and I usually use it. The only case in which this turns underpowered is if fireblast just does not work, (does not work on my server right now and another server) or it is just common knowledge. I guess It is not quite as op now. :p

owlcool

Anyone got any counters to iceblast users? Just any at all? It is kinda frustrating to have the perfect bind, concentrating perfectly, waterspout swimming all around a lake, and they just phasechange water in front of you and use iceblast, when you don't have iceblast binded. The only counter I found to this is to have iceblast binded. Not the best in my opinion, but anything works.

owlcool

Easy way to beat earthbenders as a firebender. (If fireblast and firejet works on your server)
Firejet-Fireblast Combo. You can start charging fireblast right after you click firejet, and then about a moment after you land you can make them see nothing but explosioness for a second or two. Use that second to your advantage, either fireblast or blaze them. Then firejet to the other side of your opponent, and just repeat. This is a decent trick, and I usually use it. The only case in which this turns underpowered is if fireblast just does not work, (does not work on my server right now and another server) or it is just common knowledge. I guess It is not quite as op now. :p
You can also charge fireburst the same way in this move in the same amount of time. Really depends if you are fighting multiple people.

owlcool

I found there are two good methods for earthbending, both of which you should be able to switch to and from.

1. Classic/Traditional/Toph style. This style mainly uses moves like raiseearth and earthblast in sync, with you holding your ground. This is basically a all or nothing style, either you win or lose horribly. This is best against many opponents instead of just one.

2. Probending/Sandbending style. This mainly uses moves like catapult, earth armor, and earthblast. Just retreat until your opponent starts retreating, then move in for the kill with a move like cone shaped shockwave or just spam earthblast. You can charge moves like shockwave and earth smash in the air if it suits you. This is best for 1 on 1 or maybe 1 on 2. This style allows you to avoid a loss by just catapulting away. So be defiantly good, but still average with this style, instead of a win/lose scenario.