• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestions Needed - Chiblocking!

Loony

Verified Member
Hey guys!

Some of you may know that the next Core version will consist of revamping all element abilities and we're leaving Chiblocking to a later date because the entire class needs to be redesigned.

Since we're leaving Chiblocking to a later date, I would like to start seeing more suggestions on Chiblocking. Ability suggestions are accepted, but what I would love to see is concepts on how to completely change Chiblocking and separate it from the other elements? I would love Chiblocking to be designed completely differently from the elements to offer more diversity.

As an example, an idea I have is to make Chiblocking have a main passive, where the more you hit an enemy the more difficult it is for them to bend by increasing cooldown's, lowering damage until they can't bend for a certain period of time.

What's your ideas? Post them below or make suggestions!

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Chi block a certain limb or a part of body to cause various effects.
Mobility.
More Parkour-ish stuff
Mobility.
#Anything that increases charge time of a charge ability.
Mobility.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
If you don't feel like doing that, I'll repost one of the favourites I like:

Last edited:

TheWaterChief

Staff member
Bug Tester
Verified Member
WallRun and some parkour because if bender goes to big tree chiblocker can't climb up same about spouts and airshield!

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
In the shown we seen how people all their lifetime developt a skill of enchanching their extraordinary agility, stamina, acrobatics, parkour, freerunning and other stuff to become what we referr to them as chi blockers. They practise these skill as their life style as their greatest tool for an aid in battles and inventrating their attackers on land. While in their training, wouldn't they not only improve their freerunning skills on land, but also learn and developt there swimming skills in water, for becoming faster and matain their hand-to-hand combat in their melee figths in (and under)water ? This what mostly brothers me in game where the condition happens for chi to fall in water and get beat up by a bender, when in reality they should know from their training how to get out of these situation using their physical skills in water. What I actually purpose for chi-blockers, is that they be able to swim faster when their AcrobatStance is activated. Similar how waterbenders have a passive to swim fast, chis would be abit less faster but still would be able to swim quickly then an ordinary person who does it normally. I suggest other thing that there oxygen will reduced slowly every and each time further when they go more deeper underwater (as to oppose they developt naturally as to their underwater training), if that is not to much to ask more. Well thats about it for me to tell. As always - give your opinions in comments what you think needs abit of change on what feature that i have descriped :).
Freerunning + Climbing

We have all seen how chiblockers in both TLK and TLA where able to flexibly jump and run around things. Using walls as weapon, confusing benders by changing their location the whole time., making it harder for them to hit them.

Now, I have noticed that Chis are kinda easy to hit. They have a speed boost and a higher jump, but because so many moves have redirection, evading begins to get nearly impossible. I think, this could be changed by giving Chi more mobility. I think they should be able to 'free-run'. What I mean with that is that they should be able to jump over walls, climb them, etc.

Wall Jumping:
Chis would be able to jump to a wall (with HighJump), and when they hit the wall, they could grab themselves on that wall by holding shift with HighJump. Then they could turn around and left-click with HighJump to launch themselves away from the wall.

You could only wall jump 3 times in a row.
There would be a cool down.

Double Jump:
It is what it says it is. When you jumped (Highjump) for example, you can double tap space to go 1-3 blocks higher.

Climbing:
They could also climb walls by going to the HighJump slot. They grab the wall by holding shift and can then go upwards or in any other direction on that wall. Some walls would not be climbable if made from: Ice, Snow, Sand, and other slippy, or not very solid blocks. Chis could also climb vines upwards. (the ones with no block behind it.) Some blocks would have no height limits like fences and iron bars.

There are height limits as well (configurable)
There would be a cool down, to prevent chis climbing insane heights etc.

An addition to this is when you are falling next to a wall, you can hold shift and grab the wall. You would slowly slow while grabbing the wall. (similar to the catapult addition.) It's like how Azula prevenetd ther fall by grabbing the rock when she fell at the Eastern Air Temple.

With this, they could make more confusing among the bender they're attacking. They jump around acrobaticly to confuse the bender and making it harder for him to aim better with his/her long-ranged, redirect able, wide attacks.

The HighJump cool down would also be slightly less long. I think it's very long now, so it's harder to dodge any redirect able bending attacks. This is maybe not necessary (Acrobatic Stance...)

View attachment 382 View attachment 383 View attachment 384

Lemme know what you think of it or if it needs improvement or anything. I don't want this to be OP.

Loony

Verified Member
Use the search engine.
Specific suggestions. You simply said "mobility" so expand on that.

I'm not talking about previous suggestions, I'm talking about how to completely change Chiblocking and simply saying "parkour stuff" or "mobility" is not an actual suggestion.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Welp, my others ideas would be include other distant attacks. We have SmokeScreen, so let's include bolas, kali sticks, knockout gas and more.