• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Sub-Elements

Status
Not open for further replies.

StatefarmNick

Verified Member
Alright, a lot of the elements are getting sub-elements, and I think it's too much. We should make it so you can pick your original element then you can only have one sub-element.
Ex. I'm an Earthbender, I can either choose to be a Metalbender or a Lavabender
Ex. I'm a Waterbender, I can either choose to be an Icebender, or a Plantbender

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Alright, a lot of the elements are getting sub-elements, and I think it's too much. We should make it so you can pick your original element then you can only have one sub-element.
Ex. I'm an Earthbender, I can either choose to be a Metalbender or a Lavabender
This would require more ice moves and plant moves.

HadesDude

Verified Member
I don't know about the water thing. Plantbending is just bending the water within the plant so I don't really think it's really a "sub-element." As for ice, I believe that all waterbenders in the show were capable of creating ice. I think that having this for water could possibly cripple them.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I don't know about the water thing. Plantbending is just bending the water within the plant so I don't really think it's really a "sub-element." As for ice, I believe that all waterbenders in the show were capable of creating ice. I think that having this for water could possibly cripple them.
Bloodbending could be one.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
The Avatar Wikia says that the three sub-elements are plantbending, healing and bloodbending. Plantbending though will probably never look nice in Minecraft unless there's a mod made.
Let's just hope they will make VineWhip at least.

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
But bloodbending has potential to grow. Healing really doesn't
Everything has potential. You just have to look at it from the right perspective ;)
Healing as it is only shows how the move heals long term injuries when it can also be something quick meant to stabilize someone in a critical condition.
It also restricts players to be partially submerged in water but again that is only if it's a serious condition. Katara clearly showed that healing waters could be bottlebended. Ex: when she healed Zuko after Azula zapped him full on the chest.

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Denied.

You can change which users have which sub elements through permissions, no need to have a whole other layer of choosing a sub-element. The plugin allows for you to create complex permission setups.

Status
Not open for further replies.