• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Spirit Portals

Switch

Verified Member
As a small start on pkSpirits, but mainly covering pkRPG, you guys could make a command that creates a "spirit portal" at the users feet, this can be named and then linked to another portal in a different world or for smaller server a different location. This would be accompanied by the portal effect being made of a glass spiral ( that spins ) and a beacon that goes up at the centre ( color of the glass and beacon changed with commands ). The user will be able to walk through the portal with some particular shrouding them when they enter , and being teleported to the other portal. The portal area could potentially give a slowness effect when it it teleporting or something with fireworks when the user passes through. But this could be a pretty nice and simple start to pkSpirits. So ... points to consider;
- Portal that links two areas together
- Creation of the portal at the users location
- Block movement to represent the spinning of the portal
- Beacon creation at the users location

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
I don't see the reason this for to be in aRPG plugin, when ProjectKorra Spirit project is started and its sneak peak it was revealed the spirit world concept will only be included in that plugin.

@Easte - move this please.

Switch

Verified Member
Granted, but bit of the plugin will not rely on the devs making the spirit world, but server is here making the world's them selves and having this as a neat way to travel between worlds.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
Yeah, that's true. PK doesn't provide default saved block builds (yet?)

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

Switch

Verified Member
No, I guess not yet. But with some changes ( guessing it would be fairly easy to make one, something like WE saves ). It also shouldn't be too hard as the add-on should be able to define its own region to animate and teleport players, as well as set and areas potion effect and partials effect on the player. All in all the plugins points actually seem to be easy to implement pretty much just minor changes to other plugins.
So ... The plugins would consist of;
- Some sort of region defining code
- A regions that effects the player
- A region that summons specific partials at the players location
- A region that will be able to save both its location and another so it can move the player between the two ( maybe with warps to be simple )

Switch

Verified Member
Even so, why would this go into RPG rather than Spirits
Honestly, I'm not sure. I guess because pkSpirits is not yet released, and I'm guessing that there is still a lot to do on the plugin. Also, ( something mentioned by an admin in another thread ? ) That pkSpirits would mostly link into pkRPG, so for my thinking of things, the devs could release the spirit Portals into pkRPG as a start of pkSpirits, but without having to make a new plugin with everything they have made so far with pkSpirits.

Switch

Verified Member
Ik, but what I've been repeatedly explaining throughout the different posts is that it would be a start on the pkSpirits. A small add-on that would allow users to switch through worlds with a avatar themed spirit portal. They make this quickly and easily, because the minimum of it just needs to be a portal like thing that teleports you to another. The worlds don't need to be generated as the admins can just make it them selves. The pkSpirits plugins doesn't need to be made yet, cause its just a little taster of the plugin, something to get people interested and ready for the plugin.

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
If they did release it before spirits - what's the point to do? People will still be waiting for Spirit to come out so they can utilize the spirit world - other than that, is there really anything to it? People can just use multiverse or any plugin that creates new world. In comparison to this: it is like giving a new earthbending an ability called "Surf" which doesn't do a thing, but you will have to "wait until beta 1.8.3 arrives".

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G313HN Tapatalk 4 Lt

Switch

Verified Member
xD, yeah I get your point. ( Buzzkill :I ). But i only started this to attract the attention of the devs, cause i kinda want this for my server. :3 *Plotting*

MeskenasBoii

Verified Member
xD, yeah I get your point. ( Buzzkill :I ). But i only started this to attract the attention of the devs, cause i kinda want this for my server. :3 *Plotting*
It is already suggested numerious of times and in first look they already mentioned about implanting it. Use the forum's search engige before submitting a request

Oh, But if you know of any ways I can do this easily then I'm all ears.
multiverse?

Switch

Verified Member
Ok ... I think you didn't get exactly what i meant. Sorry for not being able to explain properly ( my bad ). But you know they way ... someone would use RaiseEarth ???
Well, the was that it goes up in "steps" In a kinda animated way. I remember seeing a plugin that would do this. Where you would need to define a region and place some blocks, then set that as the first frame, build some other stuff on it, then set that as the second, and so on. Where you eventually have some blocks that get placed and removed to make an animation like thing. Like the use of the /clone command where you can make things that look "animated". For an example type into YouTube : "How To Animate A Minecraft Build Grian". You will probably get what i mean than.
And if you wonder why I'm not using that method, its because it messes up when I use it, ( don't want to go into discussions on how you do it )